Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

cython wrote: »
    Sounds like you were the other one I saw so, did you hang about at the top of the Gap for a while and then head back down towards Laragh? There was a group of us waiting on some of the others from our group to catch up for a while when you turned around if so?

No we descended for a sandwich and cake once we hit the top. Lots of traffic in glendalough.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

7:47 this morning
    Seatown Roundabout, Swords, heading south
    Black with pink/green/white trim
    Could only be Wishbone Ash....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Beasty wrote: »

I spotted him later this evening in the current kit at 1805 heading north for Santry opposite Whitehall Church on his way home from the same spin that he was beginning when you spotted him this morning - ten hours later :eek:

I think he ate a 24 pack of Duracell for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Green jersey this morning at 9.25am on the Sandyford Road heading to Dublin. Gave you a wave but you were 'in the zone' and hammering along nicely.

Beasty wrote: »
    Indeed - heading for Wicklow!
    crosstownk wrote: »
    I spotted him later this evening in the current kit at 1805 heading north for Santry opposite Whitehall Church on his way home from the same spin that he was beginning when you spotted him this morning - ten hours later :eek:

I think he ate a 24 pack of Duracell for breakfast.
    LOL - sorry didn't see you S.

(Also got a shout from Alek at Harold's Cross).

• Advertisement

LOL - sorry didn't see you S.

I spotted you at the last minute. I was heading south and there was no point trying to shout over all that traffic!

When I saw you I remembered Beasty's post from earlier and I said to myself "that fcuker has been on an epic spin in Wicklow while I've been bored off my ass in work". Envious :(

I passed you in Drumcondra on my way to work this morning but didn't see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Wasnt sure if it was you, I shout "Donal!" every time i see a boards kit ;-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Alek wrote: »

Statistically sound approach ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dont think you shouted "Donal" this morning!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen a pair of the green shorts as I passed by on the N11 this morning, near Foxrock church. By the time I realsied it was too late to say hello.

• Advertisement

Dont think you shouted "Donal" this morning!

I didn't? Freudian slip perhaps.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

CramCycle wrote: »
    Seen a pair of the green shorts as I passed by on the N11 this morning, near Foxrock church. By the time I realsied it was too late to say hello.

That was me, Sky helmet? and my now lost sky glasses :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

That was me, Sky helmet? and my now lost sky glasses :mad:

Nice to not meet you, I will say hello the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

White bike, flashing front light. 19.40 turning st the roundabout towards Lusk village.
    Most likely Wishbone Ash..
    I was in the car so didn't call out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I think it's about time we rename this thread

godtabh wrote: »

The WA Spotting Thread, no doubt.

White bike, flashing front light. 19.40 turning st the roundabout towards Lusk village.
    Most likely Wishbone Ash..
    I was in the car so didn't call out
    I'm afraid that was myself again alright coming home from work!

Are the rest of you not out and about?

crosstownk wrote: »
    The WA Spotting Thread, no doubt.
    :o:o:o

I wouldn't mind but I am in club gear more often than Boards gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

:o:o:o

I wouldn't mind but I am in club gear more often than Boards gear.

Were you wearing it in IFSC yesterday morning on a pale green steed and leather saddle?

I had a feeling....

Are the rest of you not out and about?

Most people are in bed when I'm out

• Advertisement

Were you wearing it in IFSC yesterday morning on a pale green steed and leather saddle?

I had a feeling....
    Not guilty!

There's a first time for everything. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I've wore my full boards kit for the last 5 or 6 spins including today's commute. Maybe I'm moving too fast for people to spot me....

Most people are in bed when I'm out
    Well that is true but while I wouldn't be one for 'lying in' I'd draw the line at going out at 4.30am. Medication is available for that sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Spotted a full swords kit in inchicore this morning @ 8:00 am heading up towards bluebell, Naas road, wonder was it WA heading on another meandering spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

secman wrote: »
    Spotted a full swords kit in inchicore this morning @ 8:00 am heading up towards bluebell, Naas road, wonder was it WA heading on another meandering spin.

So this has officially turned into the WA thread as not a bit of Boards gear in sight!

WA is omnipresent. Possibly godlike :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

So this has officially turned into the WA thread as not a bit of Boards gear in sight!

WA is omnipresent. Possibly godlike :P

Just saw his strava for today , wasn't him after all. Saw no boardsies either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I saw Weepsie (I think) going up the mountain by Johnstown Park. Boards jersey, but I was on foot so didn't roar!

New type long sleeve boards jersey (?), Santry park, northbound, 17:10 today?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

sullivlo wrote: »
    I saw Weepsie (I think) going up the mountain by Johnstown Park. Boards jersey, but I was on foot so didn't roar!

That was probably me. I take that detour when going home to ad some km and that little lump is about all the hills I do.
    New type long sleeve boards jersey (?), Santry park, northbound, 17:10 today?

That was probably me. I ducked in that way as I had perishable goods that needed to be refrigerated and frozen. It's the Entropa jacket which I'm still unsure as to what conditions it's made for.

Advertisement