Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

This morning at 8:40 heading south on the R132 between Airside and the Coachman's roundabout in the pink kit.

Yep, you guessed it - it was WA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

A little bit later at Drumcondra - who else but WA himself! My involuntary "Donal!" shout seemed to missed him somehow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Alek wrote: »
    A little bit later at Drumcondra - who else but WA himself! My involuntary "Donal!" shout seemed to missed him somehow though.
    Sorry Alek - didn't notice you.

(I was chatting on and off to a young lady from my club on that stretch so may have been distracted).

(I was chatting on and off to a young lady from my club on that stretch so may have been distracted).

Excuse accepted :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I saw some one coming from Enniskerry by the ski slope around 10:30. Gave a beep

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

godtabh wrote: »
    I saw some one coming from Enniskerry by the ski slope around 10:30. Gave a beep

That was myself. Figured it had to be someone around here beeping and waving!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Spotted a pair of original grey and orange shorts on the Calcutta cycle today.

The occupant was completely oblivious to there origin and associated custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Tracking WA on Strava is becoming redundant. Checking here seems to work as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 penelope winzelworth

Thanks Rollingscone... they were raided/borrowed from from other halves drawer. Consider the occupant now educated!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Saw a boardsie in a long sleeve pink jersey in Phoenix park going up by the fort. Have a late shout so apologies if put of stride. Around 1 pm

Think I saw Alek too in normal attire with his kids in tow going up the same road only 15 mins earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Weepsie wrote: »
    Saw a boardsie in a long sleeve pink jersey in Phoenix park going up by the fort. Have a late shout so apologies if put of stride. Around 1 pm

Think I saw Alek too in normal attire with his kids in tow going up the same road only 15 mins earlier.

'twas myself. Nice to meet you (sort-of!)

colm18 wrote: »
    'twas myself. Nice to meet you (sort-of!)

Same to you. Passed you again albeit in the opposite direction but stayed quiet as there was more traffic near the zoo. It was like a car park today with Africa Day on and some just all the general park traffic.

Genesis bottle and a beard? Hi! :D

Genesis bottle and a beard? Hi! :D

That was me alright. That's parenting done right!

That's parenting done right!

Have you noticed an Islabike and a Frog hanging at the back of the trailer? Some tow, but it takes a lot of convincing (or a lolly bribe) if I want to leave without them now for a day out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Saw a full boards kit at the canal/whitworth road this morning heading out of town at around 8.10.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Saw a full boards kit at the canal/whitworth road this morning heading out of town at around 8.10.

If it was heading towards Drumcondra then that was me, Sully.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Overtaken by a green jersey this evening, after 6, on the N11, you turned up for Stillorgan, going 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

crosstownk wrote: »
    If it was heading towards Drumcondra then that was me, Sully.

Yup, headed towards drumcondra. We could have switched bikes for cleaning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Met Hmmzis Tuesday evening, in our green and pink jerseys respectively from Harold's Cross to Rathgar. Nice to chat again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭py

Spotted green jersey at ~9am going towards Harolds Cross bridge and on down Clanbrassil St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

py wrote: »
    Spotted green jersey at ~9am going towards Harolds Cross bridge and on down Clanbrassil St.

Chances are that was myself. Black and green hybrid?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw a boards jersey having lunch in Larragh around 3. Wasnt feeling the best so I didnt introduce myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Spotted Wishbone Ash And Mercian Pro (I think) outside a shop in Aighrim on the Mick Byrne today. Was dying my way up the hill so couldn't shout. Pink & green gear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I spotted a boards jersay yesterday at ring of beara cycle .

Spotted Wishbone Ash And Mercian Pro (I think) outside a shop in Aighrim on the Mick Byrne today. Was dying my way up the hill so couldn't shout. Pink & green gear

Both guilty as charged except it was a cafe rather than a shop. Needed to get a caffeine fix (and fruit crumble) before facing into Brown Mountain and Slieve Maan.

Saw a boards jersey having lunch in Larragh around 3. Wasnt feeling the best so I didnt introduce myself

Probably WA or myself if it was after 3.15 and in the Brockagh Centre.

That could have been me. I was sitting outside Clodagh's with a buddy having a tea and a sambo before heading up by Glenmacnass.

Godtabh, crosstownk, WA, Mercian Pro, charlie69 and Daroxtar met on MB200 . The first two werent even taking part in the event, just lucky finds, the last two didnt sport Boards kit but introduced themselves. Its pleasure to share the road with you, gentlemen!

• Advertisement

Godtabh, crosstownk, WA, Mercian Pro, charlie69 and Daroxtar met on MB200 . The first two werent even taking part in the event, just lucky finds, the last two didnt sport Boards kit but introduced themselves. Its pleasure to share the road with you, gentlemen!

Advertisement