Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

crosstownk wrote: »
    That could have been me. I was sitting outside Clodagh's with a buddy having a tea and a sambo before heading up by Glenmacnass.

Must have been you as it was in Clodaghs. Should have said that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭py

Garzard wrote: »
    Chances are that was myself. Black and green hybrid?

Yes sir, that's the one (sorry for late reply). That stupid bus that pulled across just before St. Patricks Cathedral and blocked the whole junction was a pain!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Saw an older Boards jersey yesterday, Grey/Orange I think on the Swords/Drumcondra road just past Whitehall at the lights going towards the city.

There was a pause from both as we computed if that was a Boards jersey we each saw or is some weirdo staring at each of us, before a realisation and a mutual wave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Hi, that was me :) I don't wear prescription glasses these days which leads to longer recognition times... Especially that there are quite a few kits out there that fake the original new Boards design.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

On marshalling duty last in Duleek for a club race. Delighted to see a Boards jersey whizz by in a sea of blue and orange. Spoke briefly with the wearer at the end but can't find his name here (Iniquitous??)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

On marshalling duty last in Duleek for a club race. Delighted to see a Boards jersey whizz by in a sea of blue and orange. Spoke briefly with the wearer at the end but can't find his name here (Iniquitous??)

Inquitus, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Inquitus sporting the pink/green bibs on this morning's club ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

New kit spotted at on the clontarf track opposite st. annes - last Tuesday around 1730

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Alek wrote: »
    Hi, that was me :) I don't wear prescription glasses these days which leads to longer recognition times... Especially that there are quite a few kits out there that fake the original new Boards design.

I like the new design better than the pink and green ones, but think the older ones are a bit better still. and Hi, I'd drastically debearded since the last passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

Said Good Morning to cython at the bridge at Dolphins Barn. Smart green & white kit. And what a lovely morning for a cycle. BTW, where exactly is the barn with the dolphins in it? I've always wondered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Said Good Morning to cython at the bridge at Dolphins Barn. Smart green & white kit. And what a lovely morning for a cycle. BTW, where exactly is the barn with the dolphins in it? I've always wondered.

Nice to make your acquaintance! You fairly took off from the lights, I was hanging back due to a fairly hungover OH behind me who was also cycling into work, and while a regular cyclist, she wouldn't regularly commute by bike, so better to stick with her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Heading towards town this morning going past Blackrock college. Gave a shout and a wave as I passed.

Pink/green kit this morning in Drumcondra at approximately 8.10am northbound. Possibly crosstownk - only got a brief glimpse between buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Pink/green kit this morning in Drumcondra at approximately 8.10am northbound. Possibly crosstownk - only got a brief glimpse between buses.

Yep. Most likely me alright. I didn't see you :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Heading towards town this morning going past Blackrock college. Gave a shout and a wave as I passed.
    That was me! My mate wondered what you had shouted, seemed perplexed by it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Pink kit on d'oleir street at 8.25 this morning. I was just off the bus.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Pink kit on d'oleir street at 8.25 this morning. I was just off the bus.
    Possibly myself. I was in the pink kit and went through D'Olier Street around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Said good morning to a boardsie locking up his dark red Genesis in a basement car park in the IFSC. :)

It must have been Mr. R. Scone ;)

Crosstownk in the pink/green 8.37am Fosterstown North and oblivious to my wave!

• Advertisement

oblivious to my wave

I wasn't though! ;)

Green jersey Leonard's Corner at 9.35am on a hybrid. Gave a shout but you didn't hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

buffalo wrote: »
    Said good morning to a boardsie locking up his dark red Genesis in a basement car park in the IFSC. :)

Waaaah

I was oblivious!

My apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Crosstownk in the pink/green 8.37am Fosterstown North and oblivious to my wave!

Where is this 'Fosterstown North"? Google tells me it's close to Briomhe/Airside.

Please excuse my ignorance as I'm a southsider :D

crosstownk wrote: »
    Where is this 'Fosterstown North"? Google tells me it's close to Briomhe/Airside.

Please excuse my ignorance as I'm a southsider :D
    Yes, along there where McGuinness's and Boland's scrapyards and the Texaco filling station are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Multiple sightings of Alek in recent weeks sporting Boards kit. Nice chatting to ya'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Green jersey Leonard's Corner at 9.35am on a hybrid. Gave a shout but you didn't hear!

May have been me - I typically rush pass through there that time of morning. Flexi time is a bit of a double edged sword - difficult choice every morning between getting in for work at 8:00am and getting the day over with quicker vs procrastinating in bed for another hour and a bit more kip. Regret the latter every time. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Think I saw someone up on the Featherbeds about 5-20 this evening. I was driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭devonp

may have been me , extra commute route, pink-green-white stripe top? also the summer cap

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Almost 100% sure I saw WBA on the N11 south bound 20mins ago but he was on a white single speed/track bike and back pack.

Thought you were doing the Evil?

Advertisement