Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Spotted someine in full new kit this afternoon about half three in Balinteer, turning up by Marlay park. Was going to beep but was overtaking you so didn't want ya thinking I was bitching at ya! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Boardsie in original navy and orange kit on Taylors lane about 3:20. I was on foot and left it too late to shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Green and black kit cycling out of Bray Emmet's after Wicklow 200 a min ago on a beast of a bike! Looking fresh!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Green and black kit cycling out of Bray Emmet's after Wicklow 200 a min ago on a beast of a bike! Looking fresh!
    Spotted him also -- Felt TT bike.

godtabh wrote: »
    Almost 100% sure I saw WBA on the N11 south bound 20mins ago but he was on a white single speed/track bike and back pack.

Thought you were doing the Evil?
    Yes indeed - returning from registering for the WW200.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Returning? Were you not going in the wrong direction?

godtabh wrote: »

Returning? Were you not going in the wrong direction?
    Doh! Heading out to register!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Doh! Heading out to register!

That you moved south side for a second

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Spotted full boards kit on the moon like surface of the road that heads past the Boot pub by the airport last night around 5.55pm. I was in the car so didn't shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Spotted full boards kit on the moon like surface of the road that heads past the Boot pub by the airport last night around 5.55pm. I was in the car so didn't shout.

Probably WA , he's everywhere don't you know, never off the bike :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I bet it was crosstownk, he can be spotted often around the airfield ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Alek wrote: »

We can bet with co2 cartridges :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sometimes it's me around there, but not this time. The Boot Inn road is a real tester. Repeats on that would prep you for Paris-Roubaix

Agree - he came home that way on his commute last evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Agree - he came home that way on his commute last evening.

Yep. It was me taking the long way home. I'm a bit of a plane spotter so a spin out by the airport is always welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Boardsie spotted in Il Panorama Portmarnock and probably the same one later in Malahide about 3pm in new black kit.

I was restricted to t shirt and shorts as was bringing my 9 yr old on an 18k spin around the congested roads. He was tired after that in fairness on his single speed bmx

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

While wearing my own pink boards jersey, I passed another wearing the same on the cycle path in Clontarf. Sorry for not hanging around, I was rather late!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

That was me. Nice ta meet ya (for all of 1 second...)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Full kit under a body warmer and wolly hat on a drowned looking boards.ie on clontarf cycle way last night about 7 heading towards howth direction

Green jersey this evening bout 430-5 in santry heading towards omni

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

What do the jerseys look like so I can keep an eye out when in the car or my shiny new trek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

davycc wrote: »
    What do the jerseys look like so I can keep an eye out when in the car or my shiny new trek
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/215937/356301.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Thanks Rob, should stand out a mile away hopefully,-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Beeped at someone this morning on the N11 as I passed around 8-50 ish. Probably thought I was giving out to them!

Passed someone in the full new kit on their way to Naul coming from Oldtown direction. Gave a wave and shout and got a hello in return. This was just after 1 pm today. They are likely still out on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Bearded and in the new kit at Fischers in Newtownmountkennedy. He was standing for a photo and then headed off before I could say hello.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Passed someone in the full new kit on their way to Naul coming from Oldtown direction. Gave a wave and shout and got a hello in return. This was just after 1 pm today. They are likely still out on the bike

That was me. I'm home now.

Were you the gent sporting a beard?

crosstownk wrote: »
    That was me. I'm home now.

Were you the gent sporting a beard?

Quite possibly. It's considerably shorter than it was when Alek and Rollingscone spotted me recently.

I rarely see any boards jerseys on that stretch

Weepsie wrote: »
    Quite possibly. It's considerably shorter than it was when Alek and Rollingscone spotted me recently.

I remember getting a very friendly "hello" from a cyclist with a beard so it must have been you.

I usually head for Wicklow but today I thought a change of scenery would be good. I like going for a spin in NCD and I'd do it more often if the city wasn't in my way.

Good to meet you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Weepsie wrote:

I regularly wear my kit out that way and am never spotted.

• Advertisement

koutoubia wrote: »
    I regularly wear my kit out that way and am never spotted.

But is it clean? ;)

:D

Advertisement