Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Old skool boards jersey tearing up Windgate road in Howth this afternoon.

That was me I think, although the “tearing up Windgate” part has me doubting myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭zindicato

Long haired , bearded boardsie seen this afternoon near stepaside blue disc braked bike...was pushing my bike ran out of tubes 2 punctures in a row didnt bother calling out.. my kids saw the Jersey told me the man had the same jersey as me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Met "Gym" or "Jim" tonight on a spin, was just wearing a boardsie cap. He saw me first and gave a big shout out.....my virgin sightiing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Very brief chat with secman in (Boards kit) and your 2 pals going up Boston Hill from Ardclough just after 7pm.

Hope you got home before the rain.

secman wrote: »
    .....was just wearing a boardsie cap.....

....and nothing else....:eek:

• Advertisement

jimm wrote: »
    Very brief chat with secman in (Boards kit) and your 2 pals going up Boston Hill from Ardclough just after 7pm.

Hope you got home before the rain.

Yeah Jimm nice to meet you ever so briefly, we dodged the rain, headed over to Brittas , out the lamb and back by Lisheen, roads were wet when we got down to Tallaght bypass .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Rollingscone spotted flying the 410 flag on the cycle path heading towards Howth yesterday.

Bumped into Jimm again tonight in Blessington

secman wrote: »
    Bumped into Jimm again tonight in Blessington

Minor correction.....secman did not actually bump into me 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Had a socially distanced chat with RogueTrooper on the Howth cycleway this morning. I'm still doing the 200 and he was heading home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A couple of sightings in Wicklow today.

qlcen0hh.jpg

9F8e4oJh.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

black jersey on the kilbride-bracetown road, at the bracetown end, this morning. shouted a hello, but i think i copped too late for it to be heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

black jersey on the kilbride-bracetown road, at the bracetown end, this morning. shouted a hello, but i think i copped too late for it to be heard.
    I wasn't sure if you said "morning" or "boardsie" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

drogdub wrote: »
    I am in interested in getting the shorts aswell as the jersey, as they look good (especially the shorts). I am new to cycling and ahve read to be wary of buying cheap shorts, which the price looks very reasonable at the risk of offending someone are the boards.ie shorts worth buying? When is the next order and how do I get them?

I don’t have the shorts but WA lives in his 24/7 so they must be decent quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I was in a group of 12 this morning, met a Boardsie in a group of 7-9 in Johnstown, near Navan, this morning. Gave a general shout out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Saw a Boardsie in full black kit in the Phoenix Park this morning. Didn't call as I was walking with the better half - my shouting "Boardsie" would have proven her point that I am bike obsessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I might have seen someone with an old jersey on the N4 yesterday. I was cycling back from Athlone and saw them somewhere between Kilbeggan and Kinnegad... every village looks the same after a while on that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Overtook someone in the car, just at HP between Leixlip and Celbridge. Thought about beeping the horn or shouting 'bike wanker'.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭devonp

buffalo wrote: »
    Overtook someone in the car, just at HP between Leixlip and Celbridge. Thought about beeping the horn or shouting 'bike wanker'.

i'm easyily spooked ...glad you didn't...:D

devonp wrote: »
    i'm easyily spooked ...glad you didn't...:D

Anything I could think of in the little while before overtaking, I thought, 'I hate when people do that to me!'

Although someone on here once flashed me a sign from their car that said, 'have a nice day boardsie', which was excellent, but sadly I didn't have one prepared.

• Advertisement

Thanks buffalo that was me :). It was the first time I had the chance to display it.

For the rest of you, it's just a laminated A4 word doc. stating "Hi Boardsie Have a Nice Spin" which I keep handy in the car to hold up to the window if I'm in a situation like today. Gave the three beeps as well.

I was just thinking later to personalise it. Something like.... "Hi Boardsie Jimm Hopes You Have a Nice Spin". That way the spotted can know the spotter.

Sort of a Boards Jersey Sighting in reverse if you know what I mean.

Page 54 of this thread. That was over 10 years ago :eek:

Page 54 of this thread. That was over 10 years ago :eek:

Well now I don't feel as bad for not remembering your username! :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭cletus

First time I've had reason to post in this thread. Driving behind a boards jersey wearer in Naas today, about 1.30, passing Chadwicks.

No idea who it was, just the first time I've spotted one in the wild

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'd say that was me Cletus
    https://strava.app.link/OKc82xZuZ9

I'd say that was me Cletus
    https://strava.app.link/OKc82xZuZ9

It would appear so. You were indicating right, I went left towards Lidl.

Which leads me to my next question. What gloves were you wearing?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They're 2019 Look Fondo mitts my OH got for me in CSS. They match the bike colour (which itself is a matter of taste) :)
    I don't see them on the CSS website - this is all I can find...
    https://www.cyclesetsports.com/en/summer-gloves/13362-look-fondo-summer-cycling-gloves-2019.html

Out of curiosity, how did I look on the road - was I all over the place or any noticeable flaws?

They're 2019 Look Fondo mitts my OH got for me in CSS. They match the bike colour (which itself is a matter of taste) :)
    I don't see them on the CSS website - this is all I can find...
    https://www.cyclesetsports.com/en/summer-gloves/13362-look-fondo-summer-cycling-gloves-2019.html

Out of curiosity, how did I look on the road - was I all over the place or any noticeable flaws?

Thanks for the link.

I was only behind you from the roundabout to the T junction. Looked fine to me. Shoulder check nice and early, just before you indicated to take the right lane, no wobble on the shoulder check, nice pair of calves.

All in all, looking good Seth

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was he riding with la souplesse?

was he riding with la souplesse?

He very well may have been, but I was more concerned with the casual motion to indicate a right turn, as it revealed what appeared to be the very type of full fingered glove I'd been looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Saw WA just before Lusk around 8.25 this morning. I was driving towards Skerries, tried to beep the horn but did so a bit late

Advertisement