Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Well wrapped up Boardsie in pink gear spotted southbound on the R108 just south of Ballyboughal at around 9.25 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Wishbone Ash (yet again) on the coast road heading towards Rush. I was part of the group of about half a dozen stopped at the temporary traffic lights.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

WA is the padre pio of the cycling forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

(i mean that he can bilocate, not that he suffers from stigmata)

WA is the padre pio of the cycling forum.
    My mother would be so proud! (He died shortly after I arrived).

• Advertisement

...not that he suffers from stigmata)
    ....apart from the outline of Look cleats on the soles of my feet but I keep them covered up. :pac:

Pink/green shorts southbound on the R132 just south of Balrothery around 2.15 this afternoon. (Kuotabia??)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

'Stick hands in the air'....Yep t'was me.Heading back to work for the afternoon stint!

what is a koutoubia anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

what is a koutoubia anyway?

Koutoubia is the name of the large mosque in Marrakech. Not sure if that's anything to do with the user's name.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    Koutoubia is the name of the large mosque in Marrakech. Not sure if that's anything to do with the user's name.
    Bang on.
    I love Marrakech and Morroco in general.
    The Koutoubia mosque is fantastic.Standing above everything else in warm sandstone at the gates of the old city. Can be seen from almost anywhere in the city.
    Deffo plan on a cycling trip there someday!

koutoubia wrote: »
    Bang on.
    I love Marrakech and Morroco in general.
    The Koutoubia mosque is fantastic.Standing above everything else in warm sandstone at the gates of the old city. Can be seen from almost anywhere in the city.
    Deffo plan on a cycling trip there someday!

I completely agree with you. I visited Marrakech for the first time last October. Amazing place. Koutoubia is impressive alright and it's a pity that non-Muslims can't enter.

I rented a road bike and while it was a Giant TCR, it was the worst bike I've ever rented. It had seen some service and after a few hundred meters, I discovered that the stem was loose :eek: It was a great buzz cycling in the mental traffic in the city and then out around the countryside.

I wore my Boards.ie kit on the day but alas, I wasn't sighted.

It's a place I'll visit once international travel returns but I'll bring my own bike.

If you get to go again drop me a message and I will give you the name of a superb resturaunt hidden deep in the Medina.Dar Yakout.
    You will need to book a proper taxi that knows where it is. The yellow ones havent a clue!

koutoubia wrote: »
    The yellow Dacia ones havent a clue!

OT but FYP :D

:D:D:D

anyway enough of dragging the thread ot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

When we're not allowed past Gormanstown, descriptions of cycling (and dining) in Marrakech lift the spirit.

When we're not allowed past Gormanstown, descriptions of cycling (and dining) in Marrakech lift the spirit.
    I could go on and on about it tbh.
    Stayed in every accomadation from a Riad deep in the middle of the crazy medina to the 5 star hotel this time last year.
    We were there when the Tunisian shootings took place and the atmosphere changed from friendly craziness to very tense with the army on high alert and patrolling the streets around the Koutoubia and the mains square it sits beside.
    We were due to go home the next day so spent a lot in the hotel that day.
    We were due to go in May and rent a car to go across to Essaouira but alas.....
    Having said that it aint no Gormanston :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Boardsie on shorts in st anne's park.they were with their kid so said nothing.

Around 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Possibly someone in a Boards cap sitting outside the Happy Pear in Greystones this morning? We waved at each other as I passed. I was on a Bianchi.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

First spin on my bike in yonks today. Met up with a couple of fellow boardsie golf forum mates and went for a spin around clontarf.

Boardsie jersey whizzed past me about 10:15 northbound, gave a shout out, no look back though...... probably didn't hear me, i was eating his dust :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Passed someone in the black/pink stripe Jersey today in Baldoyle. I was out that direction with work

Passed someone in the black/pink stripe Jersey today in Baldoyle. I was out that direction with work
    Possibly myself. I went through Baldoyle twice today (on work commute).

Possibly myself. I went through Baldoyle twice today (on work commute).

On the new cyclepath on the way to Portmarnock I was the fat lad in red on a Look

On the new cyclepath on the way to Portmarnock I was the fat lad in red on a Look
    I don't recall. :confused:

I would have been there sometime between 2 and 3pm I think. On a red Paganini with a heavy back pack.

I don't recall. :confused:

I would have been there sometime between 2 and 3pm I think. On a red Paganini with a heavy back pack.

Definitely you so! It would have been around that time on that new cycle path thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Passed the same bearded Boardsie (striped jersey) twice this morning just after 9 - once near Howth Summit and again in Sutton as you were on your way back up again. Gave a shout out both times!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭fillup

Passed the same bearded Boardsie (striped jersey) twice this morning just after 9 - once near Howth Summit and again in Sutton as you were on your way back up again. Gave a shout out both times!

Guilty as charged and git both shoutouts tnks

Some morning for it

Glad I went out early-ish, it was getting very busy round Howth when I left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Green jersey spotted on Howth pier around 4pm yesterday - haven't seen one of those in a while! Was in Wright's getting some fish at the time so didn't get a shout out (4 big salmon darnes for a tenner - should really put that in the bargain alerts thread!:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Full boards kit on a black frame with with some orange bits passing through baldoyle this morning. Think i might have seen the same kit heading into baldoyle on Thursday evening

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Old orange boards jersey spotted in the park twice today. Once going up past the fort at around 10, and then again maybe 40 mins later as they were coming up Khyber/Khyper to papal cross and I was going down. Gave a wave both times

Advertisement