Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

Apologises- you were going too fast the first time for me to say anything & never noticed the second time.

Its actually a jacket, haven't worn it in a while.
    Wouldn't say there's too many left from the original order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

neris wrote: »
    Full boards kit on a black frame with with some orange bits passing through baldoyle this morning. Think i might have seen the same kit heading into baldoyle on Thursday evening

That was me on both counts - going loopy within my 5k!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Boards jersey and VCB shorts passed myself and my son on Darcystown Road @ 17.10

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Boards jersey and VCB shorts passed myself and my son on Darcystown Road @ 17.10
    I just came on to post that I saw a boards jersey on the R127 at Collinstown at 17.00hrs. Presumably the same rider. (I was in the car).

I just came on to post that I saw a boards jersey on the R127 at Collinstown at 17.00hrs. Presumably the same rider. (I was in the car).
    Probably 'detones' after looking at Strava.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Met a Boardsie on Balbriggan road just out of Naul at about 12.05 today. I was a bit slow recognising the jersey, but I gave him a shout out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Met a Boardsie on Balbriggan road just out of Naul at about 12.05 today. I was a bit slow recognising the jersey, but I gave him a shout out.

That was me. Your shout woke me out of my trance...

That was me. Your shout woke me out of my trance...

Nobody has ever accused me of being quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭devonp

Black jersey on the Ardclough to Hazelhatch/Celbridge rd, gave a wave and got one back (wearing boards shorts myself today)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

That was me. Saw on Strava Flyby that it was yourself that passed me. Didn't notice your shorts, sorry!

• Advertisement

full summer boards kit on Stacumny/Tubber lane , again near Hazelhatch !, very prob WA on a county spin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Black jersey going by the entrance to Cruagh wood car park around lunch time today.

devonp wrote: »
    full summer boards kit on Stacumny/Tubber lane , again near Hazelhatch !, very prob WA on a county spin ?
    Indeed! Did we meet? Apologies, I have no recollection.
    McGrath5 wrote: »
    Black jersey going by the entrance to Cruagh wood car park around lunch time today.
    Guilty as charged. I was in a day dream when you gave a shout and it took me a few seconds to realise it was a Boardsie shout. Apologies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

2 this morning in the space of 15 mins.

One at Sutton cross at precisely 9.55 heading towards baldoyle. I was at the lights to go to summit. On a blue and black giant. I didn't say hello, as myself and another cyclist were momentarily dumbstruck by a driver who nearly clipped me by not taking the turn properly and crossing into the bike box.

Then approx 15 mins later (took me 9to get up the segment) another one spotted under a gilet as they were leaving the summit carpark. Didn't note the bike but said hello.

My own was hidden under the gilet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Passed by a bearded Jersey wearer with a yellow helmet coming off the baldoyle end of the greenway this morning just before 9

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

neris wrote: »
    Passed by a bearded Jersey wearer with a yellow helmet coming off the baldoyle end of the greenway this morning just before 9

That might be one I saw too

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭zindicato

Weepsie wrote: »
    2 this morning in the space of 15 mins.

One at Sutton cross at precisely 9.55 heading towards baldoyle. I was at the lights to go to summit. On a blue and black giant. I didn't say hello, as myself and another cyclist were momentarily dumbstruck by a driver who nearly clipped me by not taking the turn properly and crossing into the bike box.

Then approx 15 mins later (took me 9to get up the segment) another one spotted under a gilet as they were leaving the summit carpark. Didn't note the bike but said hello.

My own was hidden under the gilet

Summit guy here... guilty as charged
    there was also another boardsie speeding downhill that I saw who called out to me when I was halfway climbing... probably the same guy you guys saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭lissard

Bumped into magicbastarder up on the Featherbeds this morning - we were both dressed in the recent pink boards kit. It's so loud there's absolutely no way you'd miss it - very euro ;-).

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I do believe I spotted magicB today. Based on recent selfie I think I saw that facial foliage on the Ratoath road just leaving holystown this eve just after 530. Pink top could not distract from such a magnificent beardðŸ˜

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

That must have been me! Though I have the beard a good trim last night, you missed it in its full glory.

• Advertisement

About 10 minutes ago - detones on Balbriggan Street, Skerries in the full pink/green kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I saw you just after Applegreen but you werent in Boards kit but a really nice TdF combined jersey .

koutoubia wrote: »
    I saw you just after Applegreen but you werent in Boards kit but a really nice TdF combined jersey .

One of my all time favourite jerseys, up there with La Vie Claire.

koutoubia wrote: »
    I was in La Vie Claire - not the TDF combined jersey. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I was in La Vie Claire - not the TDF combined jersey. ;)

Its still one of Eamonnaters fave jersies!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Black jersey going up hill towards Saggart Woods from Athgoe today. I was going opposite direction in black and green jersey. Quick nod to say hello.

My first jersey sighting!

We met a group this morning somewhere in N.C.D., one of whom was wearing a La Vie Claire jersey.
    I gave him a shout out.
    Anybody from here?

boardsie in the full pink jersey on the Laragh to Sally gap climb/drag, i needed to rest at the X roads and then caught up again on the Kippure centre descent, had a brief chat , he went straight on, i went up Scurlocks leap (and 2 punctures before home in Leixlip)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Eamonnator wrote: »
    We met a group this morning somewhere in N.C.D., one of whom was wearing a La Vie Claire jersey.
    any links/photos to this? not sure i know it.

i was out and about in NCD this morning, but in the latest black jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

any links/photos to this? not sure i know it.

It's a retro jersey. Hinault & JF Bernard rode for La Vie Claire back in the 80s.

https://www.prendas.co.uk/products/santini-la-vie-claire-wonder-look-retro-cycling-jersey

https://www.lavieclaire.com/

Advertisement