Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ah, i had misunderstood. i thought there was a boards jersey which lifted the la vie claire design.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ah, i had misunderstood. i thought there was a boards jersey which lifted the la vie claire design.
    Jesus, that's a relief. For a moment there I thought you were saying that you were unfamiliar with the most famous cycling jersey ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Sorry, my fault, I was off thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

crosstownk wrote: »
    It's a retro jersey. Hinault & JF Bernard rode for La Vie Claire back in the 80s.

https://www.prendas.co.uk/products/santini-la-vie-claire-wonder-look-retro-cycling-jersey

Looks like Prendas stopping retro jerseys due to Brexit

https://road.cc/content/news/prendas-ciclismo-scales-back-operations-due-brexit-284079

“ This means no more cycling jerseys, bib shorts, etc so if you have always wanted a San Pellegrino, Salvarani, Molteni, Watneys or Peugeot retro jersey now is the time to buy it.”

Mr. Cats wrote: »
    Looks like Prendas stopping retro jerseys due to Brexit

https://road.cc/content/news/prendas-ciclismo-scales-back-operations-due-brexit-284079

“ This means no more cycling jerseys, bib shorts, etc so if you have always wanted a San Pellegrino, Salvarani, Molteni, Watneys or Peugeot retro jersey now is the time to buy it.”
    That's disappointing news. I was wondering why almost everything in L or XL was out of stock while browsing a few days ago. They were very reliable with good quality stock. I'd be a lot more reluctant to order from many of those 'cheaper' retailers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭devonp

black kit with the green/pink trimmings passing the Blue Gardenia heading towards Blessington , was at the Brittas junction waiting to cross up McDonaghs lane , said hello and got one back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

At last I've been spotted, pretty sure that was me, remember saying hello to someone there, headwind out Blessington had me pre occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭devonp

secman wrote: »
    At last I've been spotted, pretty sure that was me, remember saying hello to someone there, headwind out Blessington had me pre occupied.

yes the headwind at the top of Balinascorney (i came out from Allagour) almost brought me to a standstill, as if the bsatard ramp wasnt enough :D

Green jersey spotted this morning around the Kileek Lane area of St Margaret's around 9.30ish. Gave a shout from the back of a large group but don't know if I was heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I heard you though I didn't recognise you in the group. Only noticed 1 or 2 club jerseys, Thursday touring incognito? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Green jersey spotted this morning around the Kileek Lane area of St Margaret's around 9.30ish. Gave a shout from the back of a large group but don't know if I was heard.
    I heard you though I didn't recognise you in the group. Only noticed 1 or 2 club jerseys, Thursday touring incognito? :)
    Out of curiosity, what is the boards call - what do people say without looking like a plonker?
    Is it just "howya boardsie" or something a little more masonic?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There's usually just time for "boardsie!" in my experience, though I think I shook hands with Lusk_Doyle when he spotted me signing on at an event.

NLHK8GM.gif

I thought it might be yourself alright. Only one of us was wearing club colours. I was at the rear in a St Raphael jersey. (Mercian Pro didn't spot you and he was at the front!)

Out of curiosity, what is the boards call - what do people say without looking like a plonker?
    Is it just "howya boardsie" or something a little more masonic?
    I usually shout "Boardsie" if they are going in the opposite direction. If going in the same direction, I would usually exchange a few pleasantries.

If both parties are in Boards gear, the tradition is to stop and rub sweaty bellies together (or so I'm told!).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If both parties are in Boards gear, the tradition is to stop and rub sweaty bellies together (or so I'm told!).

Thank God for Covid and social distancing!

'Boardsie' is also what I shout but the only Boards kit I've seen in quite some time is my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

the tradition is to stop and rub sweaty bellies together (or so I'm told!).

i hope that is as far as that tradition goes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Nothing worse than when one of the bellies is still dry .... I inagine .... :)

secman wrote: »
    Nothing worse than when one of the bellies is still dry .... I inagine .... :)

or heaven forbid
    hairy
    :pac:

Ok I'll pray I never encounter a boardsie!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Completely forgot that I saw someone in a Green Boards jersey on Thursday evening around 8.30 or so near the Strawberry Beds / Anglers Rest / Straw Hall. They were with someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Boards 'striped' kit spotted on Saturday at around midday in Sutton Cross. Light blue helmet, took the right turn towards the summit. I was at the back of a line of traffic in the car so was unable to get a shout out.

(I would have posted this sooner but it took me this long to find the Boards Jersey Sightings thread.......🙄)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Am just at the summit in howth, passed a boardsie in a black jersey leaving just as I was arriving. Copped just a little too late, I shouted a hello but I don't think it was heard

That was me. Thought it might have been you in the pink top but didn't want to go back up like some weirdo

i also had a brief notion that i could turn around and chase you down.

the thought struck me that if you were wearing a boards jersey, my moderation rights could apply on the road.

Didn't think my cycling needed moderating 😟

I passed a bearded someone early on in a boards jersey and shorts (jerser kinda covered by a jacket). I was in blue and yellow Lucan gear on an orange Orbea.

I said hi boardsie and was acknowledged. I had a puncture a short while later so you probably passed me back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Twas me. I spotted a Lucan stoppage a bit further on alright. First sighting in a long time

I had thought it may have been you weepsie but wasn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Swordsie Boardsies Selfie. Not often we coordinate on club spins.

• Advertisement

Mercian Pro sporting Boards tights this morning.

Advertisement