Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Spotted this morning at the lights in the ifsc at jurys heading into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sumone

Jawgap wrote: »
    something that bothers me fairly constantly is how would I get the bike home if I spill and get carted off in an ambulance? I have visions of demanding the bike comes with me.......

The one time I had to get taken off in an ambulance I didn't want to leave the bike but for someone reason they wouldn't let me take it along:confused:. The guys in the ambulance did go back afterwards and bring the bike to the nearest garda station which was really good of them. Not that someone was going to cycle away on it, needed new forks and front wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Saw someone in Boards shorts cycling through Rathfarnham at about 6:15 this evening.
    He was cycling on the footpath. Tut tut.
    I thought the unwritten rule was to only break the law in your Aldi/Lidl cycling gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Spotted this morning at the lights in the ifsc at jurys heading into town.
    If it was along the quay's waiting to turn right at Jury's, it was probably me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

my first boards jersey sighting! junction of upper merrion st and baggot st at half 12 last night.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Jawgap wrote: »
    something that bothers me fairly constantly is how would I get the bike home if I spill and get carted off in an ambulance? I have visions of demanding the bike comes with me.......
    Just leave your boards jersey wrapped around it. If one of us come across it, we'll pick it up and look after it for you:)

Someone at the scene of my accident very kindly took my bike to his house. I cannot remember anything about it, but when I was in hospital one of the ambulancemen mentioned the details of the guy were on a piece of paper in my bag. He even called the hospital to check how I was.
    Needless to say I was very thankful for his kind help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

abcdggs wrote: »
    my first boards jersey sighting! junction of upper merrion st and baggot st at half 12 last night.

Finally! Was he wearing a beige hat, 3/4 length shorts and had a dark bike with rear rack?

it was half twelve on a friday night i'm surprised i was still able to see... but yeah sounds about right. would have honked but not sure the taxi driver would have understood.

it was half twelve on a friday night i'm surprised i was still able to see... but yeah sounds about right. would have honked but not sure the taxi driver would have understood.

I'm just glad I was spotted, it's taken a long time. Bloody freezing last night too, and my rear light failed on the way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Just saw one, Nagor Road, heading towards Clondalkin at 15:20 today (sunday)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I'm just glad I was spotted, it's taken a long time.
    So our encounter on the Stillorgan dual carriageway a couple of months ago meant nothing to you? Waaa-aaaa-aaaa!
    /dismantles shrine

BeerNut wrote: »
    So our encounter on the Stillorgan dual carriageway a couple of months ago meant nothing to you? Waaa-aaaa-aaaa!
    /dismantles shrine

I was going to PM you about your lack of a post, I was really getting worked up about it.

You may rebuild the shrine!

Quint wrote: »
    Just saw one, Nagor Road, heading towards Clondalkin at 15:20 today (sunday)
    That sounds like me. were you in a red jacket heading toward newcastle? Dirk i gotta laugh, i was out for the first time today in my boards jersey and i'm pretty sure i was spotted twice.

That sounds like me. were you in a red jacket heading toward newcastle? Dirk i gotta laugh, i was out for the first time today in my boards jersey and i'm pretty sure i was spotted twice.

I was in a car. You passed us a few times at the various traffic lights. Was my first boards jersey, they actually look decent. Yours was wedged with water bottles!

Quint wrote: »
    I was in a car. You passed us a few times at the various traffic lights. Was my first boards jersey, they actually look decent. Yours was wedged with water bottles!
    Ah yes that was very definitely me, have yet to put bottle holders on the bike. i saw my first on last night. was very exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

This evening at 4.10pm on the Nangor road near Grange Castle. You were heading towards Clondalkin, I was Celbridge bound. Only noticed the jersey as we passed, so shouted "Hi Boardsie" over my right shoulder.

jimm wrote: »
    This evening at 4.10pm on the Nangor road near Grange Castle. You were heading towards Clondalkin, I was Celbridge bound. Only noticed the jersey as we passed, so shouted "Hi Boardsie" over my right shoulder.
    that was me, sorry i didnt reply. by the time i had realised why you were shouting at me it was too late to reply, lol

Just read the previous page after I had posted and saw this. Yeah that was me in the red jacket. Odd that Quint spotted you at 3.20 and I passed you at 4.10 on the same road :confused:. Pretty sure I have the time correct.

Just read the previous page after I had posted and saw this. Yeah that was me in the red jacket. Odd that Quint spotted you at 3.20 and I passed you at 4.10 on the same road :confused:. Pretty sure I have the time correct.
    yeah i live in town but had to drop out to celbridge to pick up some post from the home place so quint probably saw on the way to pick up the post and you on my way home.

yeah i live in town but had to drop out to celbridge to pick up some post from the home place so quint probably saw on the way to pick up the post and you on my way home.

Cool, confusion sorted. No need to get CSI involved now!! :)

• Advertisement

Cool, confusion sorted. No need to get CSI involved now!! :)
    They've already taken swabs and have been sent to the lab... lol

Pretty soon we'll be able to track abcdggs entire movements across town!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Nearly forgot a sighting this morning - turning off O'Connell Bridge onto Eden Quay this morning, 08.25/08.30. Pulled up just ahead of me at a red light there. I was going to say hello when they overtook me on Eden Quay... but it never happened. Someone on a go-slow day, considering I was on my crappy old commuting bike? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

buffalo wrote: »
    Nearly forgot a sighting this morning - turning off O'Connell Bridge onto Eden Quay this morning, 08.25/08.30. Pulled up just ahead of me at a red light there. I was going to say hello when they overtook me on Eden Quay... but it never happened. Someone on a go-slow day, considering I was on my crappy old commuting bike? :D
    Ah that was you? Yeah on a Monday morning go-slow. You took off like a rocket and I was far too lazy for that. I was considering giving chase, but then the lights went red. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

seamus wrote: »
    Ah that was you? Yeah on a Monday morning go-slow. You took off like a rocket and I was far too lazy for that. I was considering giving chase, but then the lights went red. :)

My road bike is still out of service (got around to starting repairs last night), but I was hoping for at least something resembling a race! :) Next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Not strictly speaking a Boards Jersey Sighting cos I haven't got around to getting one yet (decided to get one last time round but had missed the deadline by a few days!), but there I was, stopped at the lights around High Street/Vicar Street and I hears a loud whistle. There's Unionman waving at me from across the road! I waved and pointed back at his Boards Shorts (cos I couldn't see his jersey), so hopefully he didn't think I was pointing in some kind of rude fashion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I was only sure it was you once I spotted the Cayo. Good to see you!
    Not strictly speaking a Boards Jersey Sighting cos I haven't got around to getting one yet (decided to get one last time round but had missed the deadline by a few days!), but there I was, stopped at the lights around High Street/Vicar Street and I hears a loud whistle. There's Unionman waving at me from across the road! I waved and pointed back at his Boards Shorts (cos I couldn't see his jersey), so hopefully he didn't think I was pointing in some kind of rude fashion!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

unionman wrote: »

Get a room, you two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

unionman wrote: »
    Indeed....good to see you too!
    Raam wrote: »
    Get a room, you two!
    I'd say we'd have room so you could probably join us. You're only a skinny yoke after all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Does meeting a boardsie count?

A certain newly-wed on a red specialized whizzed by on the Clontarf cycle path this evening. I gave chase and caught him courtesy of the red lights at the Bull Island causeway. Nice to meet somebody for a change...

Advertisement