Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Does meeting a boardsie count?

A certain newly-wed on a red specialized whizzed by on the Clontarf cycle path this evening. I gave chase and caught him courtesy of the red lights at the Bull Island causeway. Nice to meet somebody for a change...

Cyclist stops at redlight shocker! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Since I cant find the Spotted in a Boards jersey thread I will start a new thread.
    This afternoon.3.30pm. Wearing a large goatee. Between Ballyboughal and Lusk @ Ballough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

bcmf wrote: »
    Since I cant find the Spotted in a Boards jersey thread I will start a new thread.
    This afternoon.3.30pm. Wearing a large goatee. Between Ballyboughal and Lusk @ Ballough

its 2009 not to many going to hold there hands up for that , could have been heading to a fancie dress

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

I have to think this was me. First time out on the road bike in AGES. And what a fantastic day for a spin: summer-like weather.

I do take issue with the goatee though: I think you'll find it's the full beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

you did seem to have a wide smile or was it a grimace...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

you did seem to have a wide smile or was it a grimace...

I'm a happy-go-lucky kind of guy so it must have been a smile. Yes, must have been...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yesterday evening, around six, at Leonard's Corner heading south. Not rogerb for once, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

BeerNut wrote: »
    Yesterday evening, around six, at Leonard's Corner heading south. Not rogerb for once, I think.
    Moi. I always get confused when people say "heading south". In my head, when you're going towards the mountains you're going "up" and therefore "north". I don't have a problem with directions in general, just that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Hi Folks,

Didn't know these existed, they look so cool. I want one, I want one now!!

How do I get one, have looked through about 20 pages of bromance here and can't find any info.

Who do i have to blow!!;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Didn't know these existed, they look so cool. I want one, I want one now!!

How do I get one, have looked through about 20 pages of bromance here and can't find any info.

Who do i have to blow!!;)

Orders are done periodically. Basically someone volunteers to do an order, puts a thread up and then sends off an order when enough people put themselves down for it to make it worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

It probably should be the responsibility of a mod to organise all of this.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

el tonto wrote: »
    Orders are done periodically. Basically someone volunteers to do an order, puts a thread up and then sends off an order when enough people put themselves down for it to make it worthwhile.
    Here's the thread for the last order
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055595538&highlight=boards

ROK ON wrote: »
    It probably should be the responsibility of a mod to organise all of this.

Agreed. With great power, comes great responsibility. So he should be responsible for the next order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

seamus wrote:
    I don't have a problem with directions in general, just that one
    North / South Quays gets me for the same reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Sunday last at 3.15pm near Balinastoe Wood. You were heading south. I gave my usual "Hi Boardsie" greeting. Last Gasp? Just saw your puncture report.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

jimm wrote: »
    Sunday last at 3.15pm near Balinastoe Wood. You were heading south. I gave my usual "Hi Boardsie" greeting. Last Gasp? Just saw your puncture report.
    That could have been me too actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Spotted at last ! Yes, that wuz me all right, just picked up on the "Boardsie" as we passed and gave a "Hows it goin" or something to that effect at your back !

Someone heading up Howth about 2 hours ago or so. I was descending and you were just passing a bloke in a yellow jacket. Shouted, but dunno if you heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Raam wrote: »
    Someone heading up Howth about 2 hours ago or so. I was descending and you were just passing a bloke in a yellow jacket. Shouted, but dunno if you heard.
    'twas myself. Just about heard you shout 'boardsie', but unfortunately you were a bit too far past me to respond. I was hoping to get you next lap around, but didn't spot you.

Blowfish wrote: »
    I was hoping to get you next lap around, but didn't spot you.

I was done so headed straight home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

Blowfish wrote: »
    'twas myself. Just about heard you shout 'boardsie', but unfortunately you were a bit too far past me to respond. I was hoping to get you next lap around, but didn't spot you.

"...next lap round..." show offs the pair of you!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

Spotted a boardsie on n11 northbound at foxrock a couple of weeks ago during the morning, looks savage, will there be another batch ordered? will definately put my name in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

Saxobank wrote: »
    Spotted a boardsie on n11 northbound at foxrock a couple of weeks ago during the morning, looks savage, will there be another batch ordered? will definately put my name in:)

After hearing all about the different sightings, I'm sure to put my name in for a shirt or two as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Possibly me (although morning, maybe not), I have yet to see another jersey out by these parts, they all seem to live in a big commune in D15.

Orders pretty much go like this: people state interest, one person volunteers to organise (ask LastGasp, ScottReynolds, TinyExplosions what is involved).

To quote batman begins: "They have to be large orders to avoid suspicion". I would say that if you want one, start a new thread and see how many people bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

That would probably be me or Dirk yes. I commute daily from n11, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Possibly me (although morning, maybe not), I have yet to see another jersey out by these parts, they all seem to live in a big commune in D15.

D15 probably has a higher population than the entire southside. You can fit many more people in when you don't have to make space for moats, stables, follies and private golf courses. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

AstraMonti wrote: »

Damn, forgot about Astra. Amazingly I have only passed you once on the road, must be that "morning" thing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

AstraMonti wrote: »

I cycle the N11 regularly, not the best cycle though (not too familiar with the best routes around south co.dublin). Ive been scouting for a boardsie since but having no luck! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

@ around 12:30 today, going into Dalkey, black tights, Sorrento club shorts and Boards.ie jersey. on a hybrid/mountain bike. - I couldn't believe nothing was matching :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

That was me.
    Back carrier and rack bag!

Scandalous. :D

Advertisement