Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

AstraMonti wrote: »
    That would probably be me or Dirk yes. I commute daily from n11, unfortunately.

Commute from Stillorgan to Leeson St. daily also, but rarely in Boards stuff. Only have the one boards jersey anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

What was the craic with the clatter of Boards dudes around the Bray area this arvo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    What was the craic with the clatter of Boards dudes around the Bray area this arvo ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055774887&page=28#410

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

bringing this back to life, lunchtime sighting of blorg()? in boards jersey, aero postion on a bowery, yo-yo'd a couple of times from stepaside toward industrial estate, on way back from Wicklow?

copacetic wrote: »
    bringing this back to life, lunchtime sighting of blorg()? in boards jersey, aero postion on a bowery, yo-yo'd a couple of times from stepaside toward industrial estate, on way back from Wicklow?
    That would have been me all right. I work in Sandyford; often cycle out to Enniskerry and back on my lunch break. Do a loop around by Johnny Foxes when I have gears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

blorg wrote: »
    often cycle out to Enniskerry and back on my lunch break. .

How long is your lunch? Lucky divil!:)

velo.2010 wrote: »
    How long is your lunch? Lucky divil!:)
    Standard hour, the ride is 21km and takes around 45 mins with stopping at lights, average around 30km/h moving speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Thats a handy lunchtime set-up.

BTW have you any 10 speed shifters(Shim) lying around. Cheeky to ask I know.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Thats a handy lunchtime set-up.

BTW have you any 10 speed shifters(Shim) lying around. Cheeky to ask I know.
    Unfortunately, no :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

blorg wrote: »
    Standard hour, the ride is 21km and takes around 45 mins with stopping at lights, average around 30km/h moving speed.

so you *sit at the desk* in your bike gear then? else you need 5-10min to get changed twice and a shower!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So, what we know about Blorg so far is that he doesn't sleep, he clearly doesn't eat (his lunch anyway), his skin is constructed of some kind of lycra/neoprene blend which means he never has to change into or out of clothes, and the only time he's *not* cycling is when he's in work. And even then he's probably on a turbo trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I'm now overweight, don't ride much and can't climb for sh!te anymore and couldn't TT to save my life now. Can I get a boards jersey now? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

me@ucd wrote: »
    else you need 5-10min to get changed twice and a shower!

Ever heard of a shower in a can ;)

Lynx%20NP%20Unlimited_2.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

tunney wrote: »
    I'm now overweight, don't ride much and can't climb for sh!te anymore and couldn't TT to save my life now. Can I get a boards jersey now? :)

Say it ain't so :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

You have to start waving first. Then we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Having seen Tunney recently I should say that his idea of over weight may not be the cycling forums idea of overweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

What size would you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

i would like to get a size 5 thats what i am in the long sleeve anyway

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    What size would you like?
    Volunteering to do the next order

Thanks Raam:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

You might want to get a compact chainset so:p

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Volunteering to do the next order

Thanks Raam:D

You'll be waiting a looooooooooooooooong time.

Vélo wrote: »
    Or a triple.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Vélo wrote: »

I said I was overweight, slow and untrained. I never mentioned losing a leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

@Tunney. Welcome to my world fatman.
    Just to get you into the groove, they do. A lovely slice of cake in the hippy cafe in Laragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Spotted a suspected Blorg on Leason Street this morning dodging busses in the contraflow lane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

My first Boards jersey of 2010 spotted this morning on the Alfie Byrne Road Bike Path heading towards Clontarf...

Is it wrong that I noticed the very nice and shiny blue Planet X bike before the jersey :D

Wasn't jealous at all...was tempted to abandon the walk to/and work for a day out on my bike :o

That was Dirk, I passed him at that location this morning also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My first Boards jersey of 2010 spotted this morning on the Alfie Byrne Road Bike Path heading towards Clontarf...

Is it wrong that I noticed the very nice and shiny blue Planet X bike before the jersey :D

Wasn't jealous at all...was tempted to abandon the walk to/and work for a day out on my bike :o

That was me! Yes, it is nice and shiny for now, I don't expect that to last.

EDIT: @Raam: You passed me going the other way, don't try and take that as a win. Was that a Contador pistol salute you gave me? Probably better than the girly wave I gave you in return. And I wasn't wheel sucking, he was my lead out train.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    EDIT: @Raam: You passed me going the other way, don't try and take that as a win. Was that a Contador pistol salute you gave me? Probably better than the girly wave I gave you in return. And I wasn't wheel sucking, he was my lead out train.

Yeah I totally finger-banged you. Gave it a double barrel though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You were fingerbanging Dirk??? With two fingers??? Oooh err.

Advertisement