Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

hynesie wrote: »
    That was me, I was wondering who that was beeping. I was out doing a slow Shannapheasteen loop.
    Cool, what was the traffic like doing it at that time? Also how long does it take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭hynesie

Sniipe wrote: »
    Cool, what was the traffic like doing it at that time? Also how long does it take?
    Traffic wasn't great going out past Moycullen, lots of shoppers whizzing past quite close along the horrible narrow bumpy part; practically no traffic over Shannapheasteen; a bit of traffic from Spiddal on the way back (with a great tailwind). It took me about 3:30 which is at a fairly leisurely pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Sorry for the delay in logging this one!

Last Thursday (1st April) at 1720hrs (approx) - walking (yes walking!!!) with a bike from outside the JPII library over the pedestrian footbridge to the North Campus.

I was having a coffee in the library and thought they'd ban me if I ran over and hammered on the window shouting "boards!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Jawgap wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in logging this one!

Last Thursday (1st April) at 1720hrs (approx) - walking (yes walking!!!) with a bike from outside the JPII library over the pedestrian footbridge to the North Campus.

I was having a coffee in the library and thought they'd ban me if I ran over and hammered on the window shouting "boards!!!"

That was me Jawgap, was cycling from Rathcoffey direction to meet up with the OH on the north campus and decided to miss the town traffic and lights by cutting through the old college gates, decided to dismount at the footbridge because of the rusty no cycling signs and the mad-professor-looking types:)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Spotted a boards jersy & shorts, on Leeson Street, heading towards St. Stephens Green. 9:15 or so this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Junction of Templeogue road and Springfield Ave (near hollingsworth cycles) 6:15 this evening. Blue and black road bike, maybe Trek, and high viz yellow rucksack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Bottom of Ballymun Ave this evening heading north at 5:40.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

On the topic of Boards Jerseys, anyone have any spare?(~44 chest)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    Spotted a boards jersy & shorts, on Leeson Street, heading towards St. Stephens Green. 9:15 or so this morning.

That was probably me!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

kenmc wrote: »
    Junction of Templeogue road and Springfield Ave (near hollingsworth cycles) 6:15 this evening. Blue and black road bike, maybe Trek, and high viz yellow rucksack.
    C'est moi. That was you passed me, I assume. :) Tailed you till the bridge, but I was glad you were heading on straight :D
    The bag makes a real difference when you get up over 30kph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

seamus wrote: »
    C'est moi. That was you passed me, I assume. :) Tailed you till the bridge, but I was glad you were heading on straight :D
    The bag makes a real difference when you get up over 30kph.
    No, I was waiting at the lights to cross over templeogue road, so would have been at your 3'oclock. Saw an Orwell(?) lad just about to burn you though as you set off :)

Saw my first one of 2010 around an hour ago, going towards Terenure Village from Rathgar. Had some sort of pannier set-up going on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Dónal wrote: »
    Saw my first one of 2010 around an hour ago, going towards Terenure Village from Rathgar. Had some sort of pannier set-up going on.

Me, taking the long 2 hr. commute home.
    P1000963.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Saw one going past Rathfarnham Church/Yellow House at about 3ish in the direction of Nutgrove. Didn't get a great look as was on opposite side of road.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Saw one going past Rathfarnham Church/Yellow House at about 3ish in the direction of Nutgrove. Didn't get a great look as was on opposite side of road.

I'd say it was me again. Passed Yellow House and on to Nutgrove, Taney, Stillorgan etc.
    Was home at 3:15

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

To the driver with the sign on D'Olier Street just before 17.00 - you made my day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

buffalo wrote: »
    To the driver with the sign on D'Olier Street just before 17.00 - you made my day! :)

Thanks buffalo that was me :). It was the first time I had the chance to display it.

For the rest of you, it's just a laminated A4 word doc. stating "Hi Boardsie Have a Nice Spin" which I keep handy in the car to hold up to the window if I'm in a situation like today. Gave the three beeps as well.

I was just thinking later to personalise it. Something like.... "Hi Boardsie Jimm Hopes You Have a Nice Spin". That way the spotted can know the spotter.

Sort of a Boards Jersey Sighting in reverse if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

I seen a Boards jersey today...... cant remember where ?? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Spotted in UCD eng block thursday after lunch time ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

abcdggs wrote: »
    Spotted in UCD eng block thursday after lunch time ish.

That was me, handing in my bound and printed thesis. Good riddance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

Well done, congrats.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Dr Voodoo. Has a nice ring to it.

el tonto wrote: »
    Dr Voodoo. Has a nice ring to it.

Unfortunately not a PhD...I'll have to live with being only "most amazing cyclist in the universe" for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Unfortunately not a PhD...I'll have to live with being only "most amazing cyclist in the universe" for now.

That will look better on the grave stone.

Raam wrote: »
    That will look better on the grave stone.

Are you planning something I should know about???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Are you planning something I should know about???

Uhm, no?

Do you have a black singlespeed with drops and rack that you park out the back door?

abcdggs wrote: »
    Do you have a black singlespeed with drops and rack that you park out the back door?

No rack, which side are you calling the back? Restaurant side? It's a singlespeed alright, funny colour, probably looks black though.

If it was jeans and a boards jacket it was me inside the building.

No rack, which side are you calling the back? Restaurant side? It's a singlespeed alright, funny colour, probably looks black though.

If it was jeans and a boards jacket it was me inside the building.
    Not the restaurant side, the side near the track. Suppose I'll know if it's your bike on monday. The one I'm thinking of has spesh bits on it i think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You could always call yourself The Voodoo Master

Advertisement