Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    2. Sitting on the grass at the finish to WAR.
    Was too tired to talk at that point.

Could have been me. I was sitting on the grass for a while trying to figure of if my legs would ever move again.

I met jeffontour at the finish and I did see one other boards jersey but he was on the phone at the time so I didn't say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Raam wrote: »
    JeffOnTour, I reckon.
    That'd be it.
    Was very tired last night.
    Could have been me. I was sitting on the grass for a while trying to figure of if my legs would ever move again.
    I was that way too. The massage I got was well worth the wait.
    Legs still sore, but hate to think what they'd be like without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

saw a boards jersey at WAR yesterday too....what a great day. Not sure I will ever walk again but enjoyed it....bring on the next one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Spotted DualFrontDiscs (DFD)* cruising down South Circular near James's and heading towards Rialto a wee bit ago.

That extracycle is a cool job and LONG! (bet if you go right around a roundabout you'll be able to see the back of it ahead of you :p

*DownFromDehospital

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Spotted DualFrontDiscs (DFD)* cruising down South Circular near James's and heading towards Rialto a wee bit ago.

That extracycle is a cool job and LONG! (bet if you go right around a roundabout you'll be able to see the back of it ahead of you :p

*DownFromDehospital

Spotted at last! I was beginning to suspect that this 'sightings' thread was an in joke that I wasn't in on! Admittedly, I don't have a jersey. I don't think it would 'go' with the bikes I ride. Not quite 'racey' enough.

It looks longer than it is. It's no more than 18" longer than a regular bike! And you really don't notice the extra length when cycling. Though curbs and speed bumps feel a bit strange.

DFD*

*DiscoveredFoundDelivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

A glut of boards jersey sightings for me over the weekend. Both jeffontour and Git101 doing the Wicklow Adventure Race on Saturday. Well done gents, hope your legs are in better shape than mine at the moment.

While heading in (or rather hobbling in) for lunch in Laragh on Sunday I met unionman sipping coffee outside the hippy cafe place. Good to see you're back on the bike, and getting in plenty of hills by the sounds of that route you had planned home.

Also spotted another in boards jersey and shorts outside the same cafe around 1pm, didn't recognise the face and didn't have a change to say hello.

MadHatter wrote: »
    A glut of boards jersey sightings for me over the weekend. Both jeffontour and Git101 doing the Wicklow Adventure Race on Saturday. Well done gents, hope your legs are in better shape than mine at the moment.

Cheers MH, the auld legs are still a bit tired.
    Fairplay for introducing yourself. Don't think I would have been able to speak if I was travelling at the speed you were doing :eek:

Forgot to mention also met Briano at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

MadHatter wrote: »
    While heading in (or rather hobbling in) for lunch in Laragh on Sunday I met unionman sipping coffee outside the hippy cafe place. Good to see you're back on the bike, and getting in plenty of hills by the sounds of that route you had planned home.

And nice to see you again too. The journey back was tough enough in spots but we stuck to the plan. Only upset was a puncture on the way back down from Bohernabreena. Terrible surface there at the moment. 102km for the day which was good after such a long spell off the bike. I can only hope to improve on my time before June 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Git101 wrote: »
    Cheers MH, the auld legs are still a bit tired.
    Fairplay for introducing yourself. Don't think I would have been able to speak if I was travelling at the speed you were doing :eek:

Hope you boys are holding up well. I was pretty knackered Saturday evening and am still well tired today. Tonight is a rest day methinks!

Good chatting briefly with you both.

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    Todays sightings
    1. WAR Cycle No. 2 On the road up to lough tay viewing point.
    (Jake on tour I think) I forgot on the climb up to the viewing point.

Twas me all right. I kinda like the ring of jakeontour though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

Sunday @ approx 4pm on SCR by St. James's
    Also saw a couple at WAR on saturday, was too broken to say helo.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Good to meet you Git101, my legs still aren't right.

Saw a few other boardsies around, including one who flew by me on the boulders coming down from the Spink run. Just about managed to say "boardsie" to him. I had wanted to finish the sentence with "You sir, are an absolute lunatic" but by the time I had managed to get enough oxygen into my lungs he had vaulted clear of a boulder the size of a bus and sprinted off into the distance

briano wrote: »
    Good to meet you Git101, my legs still aren't right.

Saw a few other boardsies around, including one who flew by me on the boulders coming down from the Spink run. Just about managed to say "boardsie" to him. I had wanted to finish the sentence with "You sir, are an absolute lunatic" but by the time I had managed to get enough oxygen into my lungs he had vaulted clear of a boulder the size of a bus and sprinted off into the distance

Good to put a face to the name. Yeah, I'm still tired, managed to cycle home from work yesterday, thank god for a tail wind :D

Definitely wasn't me on the Spink, my little hairy legs were daintily tip-toeing through the boulders..

my ankles are still messed up from those boulders - good fun though :pac: Saw one guy go over on his ankle up there, didnt look pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

anoble66 wrote: »
    Saw one guy go over on his ankle up there, didnt look pretty
    I caught up with someone in my way down the Spink and I was thinking 'brilliant, I must be fast', only to disover the guy was hobbling after turning his ankle. Poor fella looked to be a bit wrecked.

the mad thing is he went on his bike after the spink run and continued.....fair play. I am not sure, but I think its the guy from one of the UK tri-clubs that completed the sport option in 5hrs.

Timmah! wrote: »
    I caught up with someone in my way down the Spink and I was thinking 'brilliant, I must be fast', only to disover the guy was hobbling after turning his ankle. Poor fella looked to be a bit wrecked.

briano wrote: »
    Saw a few other boardsies around, including one who flew by me on the boulders coming down from the Spink run. Just about managed to say "boardsie" to him.

May well have been me. I was concentrating too hard on not splitting myself to reply on that section.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

jeffontour wrote: »
    May well have been me. I was concentrating too hard on not splitting myself to reply on that section.

Yeah, that was where most of my concentration was going as well, or at least that is my excuse for being so slow.

One of the guys following me took a big fall, turned around to see him picking himself up from the bottom of a large boulder at the very end of that run (just at the start of the sandy bit) Didn't see him fall, but certainly heard the sound of meat-on-rock. Made sure he was ok and then headed off, didn't see him again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Saw what looke suspiciously like a Boards jersey on The Simpsons last night when they were in Ireland. The wearer was on his bike outside O'Flanagan's Pub arguing with some fat, bald, middle aged, yellow American guy. Anyone here?

I shouted "Boardsie" at the telly but he just cycled off and it cut to the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Spotted a Boards jersey at the junction of Castleknock Rd. and Main Street in Blanchardstown (opposite The Bell pub) at 8:45 this morning. Was thinking of a greeting, but thought shouting 'Boardsie!' across a busy junction might make me look slightly mad.

Saw a nice Bianchi on the commute too going through Blanch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Spotted a Boards jersey at the junction of Castleknock Rd. and Main Street in Blanchardstown (opposite The Bell pub) at 8:45 this morning. Was thinking of a greeting, but thought shouting 'Boardsie!' across a busy junction might make me look slightly mad.

Saw a nice Bianchi on the commute too going through Blanch.

Hah ! Finally, I'm getting back in the rankings! I was on the road bike this morning as I felt I needed gears to nurse my pansyness, so no blindingly yellow bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Gavin wrote: »
    Hah ! Finally, I'm getting back in the rankings! I was on the road bike this morning as I felt I needed gears to nurse my pansyness, so no blindingly yellow bike.

Ah yes, I've seen the flash of yellow pass through Castleknock a few times, didn't make the Boards connection before though.

At least I've got the greeting sorted for next time: "Hi Gavin! Yes, you Gavin, from Boards! How's the pansyness going" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Spotted a man with sunnies and helmet turning left off Phibsboro Rd onto Richmond Rd this morning at approx 08:40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

connundrum wrote: »
    Spotted a man with sunnies and helmet turning left off Phibsboro Rd onto Richmond Rd this morning at approx 08:40.

It may have been me. I turned left off Phibsboro Road onto Whitworth Road around that time.

Was he cycling a black bike (Drop Bars) with panniers and ridiculously handsome looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Vélo wrote: »
    ridiculously handsome looking.

No. I'm sorry, I wasn't in the area this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Vélo wrote: »
    It may have been me. I turned left off Phibsboro Road onto Whitworth Road around that time.

Was he cycling a black bike (Drop Bars) with panniers and ridiculously handsome looking.

If so, there's no way it was you... if it was a little, scrawny horse looking fella, then maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

... if it was a little, scrawny horse looking fella, then maybe :)

Yep, that's what I mean...a bleedin ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

The Tax Man, I think (boards jersey) followed by Caroline_IE, I think (pink jersey) today at about 13.40 coming down from Sally Gap near the car park overlooking Lough Bray. Gave a shout but maybe too late.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

LOL jimm, with your trademark "Boardsie" shout and the Doppler effect it turned out sort of BOARDSIE as I passed you. I was going too fast to give a wave.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Spotted somebody Friday last flying through the junction at the Porterhouse in Phibsboro turning north from the canal. To many busses in the way to yell...

Advertisement