Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Spotted somebody Friday last flying through the junction at the Porterhouse in Phibsboro turning north from the canal. To many busses in the way to yell...

What time and was he ridiculously handsome?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Vélo wrote: »

No, I wasn't there at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Vélo wrote: »

Err, about 4.40 and a lovely baldy head...

or was that the helmet (wot with it being Friday and all)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Err, about 4.40 and a lovely baldy head...

or was that the helmet (wot with it being Friday and all)...

Yep me again. I left early and stopped for a pint on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

18:06 Orwell Park approaching Junction with Orwell Rd. Was walking on far side with bike over shoulder(Note to self, get saddle bag!). Shouted Boardsie but I dont think I was heard.

• Advertisement

18:06 Orwell Park approaching Junction with Orwell Rd. Was walking on far side with bike over shoulder(Note to self, get saddle bag!). Shouted Boardsie but I dont think I was heard.

Howdy!

I thought I heard you shout something alright, was more worried about the car behind me at the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

10am on the Enniskerry->Glencree road this morning? One boards.ie jersey, one yellow rainjacket.

I had camped out in Curtlestown woods the previous night, and was sitting reading my Graeme Obree book at the entrance while waiting for some friends to arrive for a hike. About three quarters of the passing cyclists gave me a wave. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Think I saw a few out around Sally Gap/Glenmacnass/Laragh earlier on, but wasn't too sure of the faces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

buffalo wrote: »
    10am on the Enniskerry->Glencree road this morning? One boards.ie jersey, one yellow rainjacket.

I had camped out in Curtlestown woods the previous night, and was sitting reading my Graham Obree book at the entrance while waiting for some friends to arrive for a hike. About three quarters of the passing cyclists gave me a wave. :)

Passed by the same 2 this morning @10:15, we were heading towards Glencree from Glencullen direction, they were heading opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Saw the same group twice(I think). Once as I was coming up WG towards Laragh then around the lakes later on. A few on MTBs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Not a jersey sighting but possible Boardsie sighting.

Did I see Captain Havoc descending by the Glenmacnass waterfall heading for Laragh as I was heading up at about 2pm today?

If it wasn't you, you have a double out there, and sorry to the guy I said "Hi Captain Havoc" to.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Solo 410er, main road running past Djouce today @ 12:27 ish. Didn't spot the bike unfortunately.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

On the Old Enfield Road this morning, before noon'ish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

jimm wrote: »
    Not a jersey sighting but possible Boardsie sighting.

Did I see Captain Havoc descending by the Glenmacnass waterfall heading for Laragh as I was heading up at about 2pm today?

If it wasn't you, you have a double out there, and sorry to the guy I said "Hi Captain Havoc" to.:)

Wasn't me I'm afraid. That's a scary thought, more than one of me, the roads of Ireland are dangerous enough with just one of me.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Going down bohernabreena around 5:30 ish today. I was going up ... painfully and slowly, wasn't wearing my boards gear. I didn't see who is was, he was way too fast. I think it could have been blorg.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Going down bohernabreena around 5:30 ish today. I was going up ... painfully and slowly, wasn't wearing my boards gear. I didn't see who is was, he was way too fast. I think it could have been blorg.
    I thought that might have been you all right, you were looking solid and in control, I waved from but not getting off the drops! Was going too fast to stop I'm afraid, I have been doing that descent with no brakes the last few times. 110km Wicklow Gap and around the lakes today.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Planet X wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

Spotted a Boardsie this morning, about 11:30 heading up the hill from Kilmacanogue towards Enniskerry. I was in a red jersey also heading up the hill...

Then spotted a second one in Laragh heading towards the Wicklow Gap, about 4-4:30pm when I was on an ice-cream stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Was in a car passing LDB yesterday evening coming from the Strand Road heading towards the East Link. We beeped, not as you but at the car that cut us up.

Then spotted a second one in Laragh heading towards the Wicklow Gap, about 4-4:30pm when I was on an ice-cream stop.
    That was probably me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Might have passed a Boards jersey on the N81 today about 3-ish. Heading to Brittas?

I was looking for an alternative route to Bohernabreena but instead went up Tallaght Hill (My new favourite climb BTW). Must average 10% for 2 km.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Planet X wrote: »
    +1

that was me, out enjoying the weather :) (http://connect.garmin.com/activity/32730545)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

A couple of hours ago, on a Paddy Wagon near Connolly Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Raam wrote: »
    A couple of hours ago, on a Paddy Wagon near Connolly Station.
    220px-DIGI0054.JPG
    not again....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

abcdggs wrote: »
    220px-DIGI0054.JPG
    not again....

On it, not in it ;)

Hey you changed your pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Raam wrote: »
    On it, not in it ;)

Hey you changed your pic!
    :eek:
    RE3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Not a Boards Jersey sighting, but beeped Dirk Voodoo in his Orwell gear heading for tonights League Race I suspect. Lambs Cross, about 5.45pm. I was in the Red Volvo, child-minding.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Whats the story with these boards jerseys? Was there a boards sponsored team jerseys made before or something... I'm very curious:rolleyes:

My apologies if this is explained in earlier posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Whats the story with these boards jerseys? Was there a boards sponsored team jerseys made before or something... I'm very curious:rolleyes:
    Various Boardsies have volunteered over the last few years to organise and co-ordinate 6 seperate orders for Boards branded kit. The original artwork charge was sponsored, but other than that Boardsies have bought their own kit. The first 5 orders all stuck with the original kit design by TinyExplosions. The most recent order is to a new design, and has just been placed (by CramCycle) and we're all eagerly awaiting our new gear.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055891434

• Advertisement

No team, just a jersey for members of the forum. Latest order with new and old designs just closed. They come up second hand occasionally.

Advertisement