Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Buy jersey, five dolla, love you longtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Wouldn't say it was a jersey sighting as you were decked out in the full kit on Saturday afternoon.

Said hello to you when you were turning at sally gap towards Kilbride. Then again when I passed you trying to burn myself out charging up a hill only to realise when I looked back that my mates were about 1km behind so you graciously strolled by never to be seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

came down off Glenmacnaoise into Laragh, and turning north spotted one behind me (I think). Slowed up for a minute to see if I'd be caught. Wasn't to be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

iregk wrote: »
    Wouldn't say it was a jersey sighting as you were decked out in the full kit on Saturday afternoon.

Said hello to you when you were turning at sally gap towards Kilbride. Then again when I passed you trying to burn myself out charging up a hill only to realise when I looked back that my mates were about 1km behind so you graciously strolled by never to be seen again.
    'twas myself. I was wondering what had you slowing down as it seemed like you easily had the legs to stay ahead of me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Blowfish wrote: »
    'twas myself. I was wondering what had you slowing down as it seemed like you easily had the legs to stay ahead of me. :)

Yeah was out with a few mates and even after 130km i was fresh as a daisy but when I turned back they were miles behind and fading fast! Time to slow down cruse for a bit and have a snack.

It was only when I slowed down that I was thinking jesus this guy is going to think now here is another a-hole who burns past someone for show and is wrecked after it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

We're like buses - none for ages and then 2 come along at the same time.

I was stopped at the lights at the junction of Springfield Ave. and Templeogue Road and waved at a boardsie heading out from town towards Templeogue village and got a mid-acceleration nod back.

Then, further up along Templeville Road saw another boardsie heading towards the junction that I just saw the first fella.

Both sightings happened at about 18:00 or maybe shortly after!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Then, further up along Templeville Road saw another boardsie heading towards the junction that I just saw the first fella. Both sightings happened at about 18:00 or maybe shortly after!
    I thought I caught an enthusiastic nod as we passed ! 3rd time spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

I saw a boards jersey on Centre Park Road in a dream I had once.

We're like buses - none for ages and then 2 come along at the same time.

I was stopped at the lights at the junction of Springfield Ave. and Templeogue Road and waved at a boardsie heading out from town towards Templeogue village and got a mid-acceleration nod back.

Then, further up along Templeville Road saw another boardsie heading towards the junction that I just saw the first fella.

Both sightings happened at about 18:00 or maybe shortly after!
    Twas I the first time. Would have been more enthusiastic except a wave would have caused a fairly embarrassing faceplant :D

• Advertisement

LastGasp wrote: »
    I thought I caught an enthusiastic nod as we passed ! 3rd time spotted.

It was a bit awkward - I could see you approaching but wasn't sure if it was a boards jersey or not and then there was a van/car or something at the crucial moment of giving a wave!
    seamus wrote: »
    Twas I the first time. Would have been more enthusiastic except a wave would have caused a fairly embarrassing faceplant :D
    I was thinking as much. It was a good, well defined nod though!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

this morning at 10.15 on N11 going out toward UCD. Boardsie in the long sleeve jersey on a felt dispatch? with guards and tribars..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

copacetic wrote: »
    this morning at 10.15 on N11 going out toward UCD. Boardsie in the long sleeve jersey on a felt dispatch? with guards and tribars..

That were me! Good spot on the bike, no tribars though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

alanucc wrote: »
    I saw a boards jersey on Centre Park Road in a dream I had once.

That was me, thanks for the thought.

Deja vu - 'cept you were stopped today??

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    That were me! Good spot on the bike, no tribars though.

really? didn't actually see them, but you were quite the aero postion? just resting forearms on the bars? you hipster! I was on far side of the road heading in so didn't get that good a look...

Deja vu - 'cept you were stopped today??
    Red light, doncha know :) You got a wave, maybe you missed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

copacetic wrote: »
    really? didn't actually see them, but you were quite the aero postion? just resting forearms on the bars? you hipster! I was on far side of the road heading in so didn't get that good a look...

Riding on the hoods probably, elbows bent, karate chop!

Red light, doncha know :) You got a wave, maybe you missed it :)
    Caught the wave OK! See you at that junction tonight?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

More of a pre-boards jersey sighting...

Met NeedMoreGears on the Clontarf psycho path yesterday. A bit of chat and a "Are you waiting for the new jerseys too?". Oh! July is soo far away!

Nice to meet you...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Spotted one of ye under the Luas bridge in Dundrum this evening.
    4TEN

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Hermy wrote: »
    Spotted one of ye under the Luas bridge in Dundrum this evening.
    4TEN
    Hi Hermy, If you were driving a blue Van Taxi, then that was me - spotted 2 days in a row ! Thought I heard a "Boardsie" as you passed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Yep, that was me. Don't why I shouted four ten when I could have just said hello.:confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

5.20 yesterday evening beside the Big Tree Pub. He was cycling a Focus road bike. I only noticed the jersey after he passed so I didn't shout anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Vélo wrote: »
    5.20 yesterday evening beside the Big Tree Pub. He was cycling a Focus road bike. I only noticed the jersey after he passed so I didn't shout anything.

That was probably me, I was heading out northside visiting. Not used to the route and ended up at a 'no right turn' junction. Had to mingle with the pedestrians briefly to get to where I was going. Thanks for not mentioning my shame! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

buffalo wrote: »
    That was probably me, I was heading out northside visiting. Not used to the route and ended up at a 'no right turn' junction. Had to mingle with the pedestrians briefly to get to where I was going. Thanks for not mentioning my shame! ;)

I was going to mention it alright but now we know you didn't know what you were doing. You were scared and out of your comfort zone on the South Side.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

I was sure I was going to be mugged at knifepoint at any moment! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Viewing point, ~11.20. That was me KO'd on the grass.

I was gracelessly ascending the Wicklow Gap (towards Laragh) and yelled 'hey boardsie' to a descending boardsie going the opposite direction. Not sure who though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Spotted one coming onto Georges Dock/Mayor Street in the IFSC yesterday afternoon at about 4.40.

Bumped into a lurker as I was heading up to Sally Gap (though they didn't actually have a jersey).

And naturally enough, Last Gasp, Seamus and mvt/emty (twice) in Laragh.

Advertisement