Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Yesterday in rathgar village on their way out of town at about ten to 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tonnes out today, Must have passed at least 50 cyclists on my spin.

I spotted someone going right by my house - Ballycullen road, towards the old court road (and presumably Stocking Lane) around 11am.
    Viewing point, ~11.20. That was me KO'd on the grass.
    90% sure I overtook you somewhere between Glencree and Sallygap around 12ish. I recognised the gear from last week, though maybe it was someone else - had a camelbak or something like that?
    Blowfish wrote: »
    And naturally enough, Last Gasp, Seamus and mvt/emty (twice) in Laragh.
    I should have had cake. Did OK on the way till Glencree and I hit the wall trying to climb that nothing hill up towards viewpoint. I felt like just going to sleep on the side of the road.
    abcdggs wrote: »
    Yesterday in rathgar village on their way out of town at about ten to 6.
    Probably me. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

seamus wrote: »

90% sure I overtook you somewhere between Glencree and Sallygap around 12ish. I recognised the gear from last week, though maybe it was someone else - had a camelbak or something like that?

I was in trackie shorts and a white tee. One small bottle, silver sunglasses. No backpack etc.

My route was Viewing Point - Glencullen(Via the decent to rathfarnham->glencullen Rd) - Enniskerry and over the scalp to Dundrum. Not far but the climbs were tough in the heat.

Were you in Boardsie attire? I only saw the one jersey and that guy looked more like Blowfish than yourself:p

Nah mustn't have been you so. Fairly sure the same guy gave me an enthusiastic wave on his way into Laragh on my way home and looked nothing like you :)

Dunno how Blowfish managed today with that rug on his face :p Didnt find stocking as killing as usual though I struggled a little up past Glencree

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Spotted one coming onto Georges Dock/Mayor Street in the IFSC yesterday afternoon at about 4.40.

Bumped into a lurker as I was heading up to Sally Gap (though they didn't actually have a jersey).

And naturally enough, Last Gasp, Seamus and mvt/emty (twice) in Laragh.
    Hi Blowfish, Good to meet you. How did your route work out ? LG

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    I should have had cake.
    ALWAYS !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

LastGasp wrote: »
    Hi Blowfish, Good to meet you. How did your route work out ? LG
    Pretty good! Slieve Mann and Shay Elliot were tough (as I expected) but doable. The only parts of me that were actually complaining at the end of it were actually my arms as I forgot suncream, so I definitely still had a bit left in the tank.

Total was 152km @ 24.8km/h including the 3 main climbs, so I'm definitely feeling more confident for the WW200.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

séamus, was that you on Eden Quay this morning? snap! :)

Registered someone behind me when changing lanes, sorry I didn't say hello - it was only when we were reaching (separate) traffic lights that I noticed it was a boards.ie jersey. Then I had to direct some cars who didn't know how to get out of the way of an ambulance coming down Memorial Road. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Spotted one coming onto Georges Dock/Mayor Street in the IFSC yesterday afternoon at about 4.40.

That might've been me, if nobody else has claimed the honour. :) Got out of work to head camping for the weekend - no Internet to check if I'd been spotted! :p

buffalo wrote: »
    séamus, was that you on Eden Quay this morning? snap! :)

Registered someone behind me when changing lanes, sorry I didn't say hello - it was only when we were reaching (separate) traffic lights that I noticed it was a boards.ie jersey. Then I had to direct some cars to get out of the way of an ambulance coming down Memorial Road. :rolleyes:
    Yeah, came up behind you just as the lights went green on O'Connell bridge. Planned on waving or saying hi, but the lights just fell wrong :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

buffalo wrote: »
    That might've been me, if nobody else has claimed the honour. :) Got out of work to head camping for the weekend - no Internet to check if I'd been spotted! :p
    Ah, I was wondering why I hadn't spotted you before as I'm usually passing by there at that time. 'tis a small world, myself and Seamus actually work a building or two away from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Beasty - was that you coming on to the Swords by-pass at Lissenhall this morning at about 7-00???

Me and the Boardman whizzed by you - I was pushing about 60km/h at that stage........

..........I was in the car and the bike was perched on top:)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Jawgap wrote: »
    Beasty - was that you coming on to the Swords by-pass at Lissenhall this morning at about 7-00???

Me and the Boardman whizzed by you - I was pushing about 60km/h at that stage........

..........I was in the car and the bike was perched on top:)
    It was ...

... hopefully one day (soon:)) I will get a real boardsie jersey, and will then be able to call myself a real boardsie ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Thought so.....

......unfortunately because you didn't have the official geansey on, you didn't qualify for the formal salute!

found another spot to park since they introduced clamping in Airside and went in via the coast road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Ever since starting my new route home, I seem to be seeing a boardsie every day. Along Springfield Avenue in Templeogue gave a wave and got a wave back!

Ever since starting my new route home, I seem to be seeing a boardsie every day. Along Springfield Avenue in Templeogue gave a wave and got a wave back!
    Me again !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I commute along there morning and evening too. Have met LastGasp a handful of times going home. Rarely wear boardsie kit though, tend to save that for longer spins. Red Giant Road bike, rear rack,single pannier on the inside, blue helmet. Wave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Seen a boardsie coming out of Beatty Grove in Celbridge on the way down to the Village around 4:20 pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

what exactly is the latest jersey (I know its about to change)

I thought I seen a few on Sunday.. but wasnt sure - and wasnt about to shout hey boardsie at random strangers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Spotted my first Boardsie in the wild. Aungier St close to 6. Nearly ran over a small dog in my excitement. :D Seamus I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Seen a boardsie coming out of Beatty Grove in Celbridge on the way down to the Village around 4:20 pm today
    :eek: boardsies in celbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

abcdggs wrote: »
    :eek: boardsies in celbridge?

That makes two of us in Celbridge then :), that wasn't me though, I was out about 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

3 in celbridge... we'll have to form a separate forum! Its getting too crowded in here for us Celbridge folk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

hey you Celbridge Boardsies

I ment a Boardsies Cycling Jersey :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Spotted someone with a Boards jersey at about 10am this morning heading towards town on the N11 between RTE and Donnybrook bus depot. Beep-beep!:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kevvhayes

spotted a boards jersey about to head up glenmalure on sunday about 3pm. jaysus thats a tough climb!! i was in a car though. not nearly fit enough for that yet!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Hermy wrote: »
    Spotted someone with a Boards jersey at about 10am this morning heading towards town on the N11 between RTE and Donnybrook bus depot. Beep-beep!:)

Me. Late for work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

Our dog spotted one around half past four today on the north starnd heading to town in jersey and shorts today,so if you're reading can I just apologise for the dalmation going spare in the car next to you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Planet X wrote: »
    Me. Late for work :(
    Damn. Should have taken you on board.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

Boardsie spotted cycling past Ballinastoe at about 4pm today

Advertisement