Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

km991148 wrote: »
    what exactly is the latest jersey (I know its about to change)

I thought I seen a few on Sunday.. but wasnt sure - and wasnt about to shout hey boardsie at random strangers!

New jersey is not out yet, it's due sometime in July
    It will look like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Someone gave me a good chase out of hunterswood today, overtook me on the knocklyon road, (:o) I only noticed the jersey on templeogue bridge when I was heading right. In my sleepy state I couldnt remember "410", came close to shouting "10-4" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Git101 wrote: »
    New jersey is not out yet, it's due sometime in July
    It will look like this.

hey thanks.. but I meant how do I currently recognise a boardsie out in the wild.. I think I seen one the other day, similar to above tho

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stee wrote: »
    Someone gave me a good chase out of hunterswood today, overtook me on the knocklyon road, (:o) I only noticed the jersey on templeogue bridge when I was heading right. In my sleepy state I couldnt remember "410", came close to shouting "10-4" :D
    Yeah, that was me. I wouldn't worry too much about your pace, you seem like you'd be well able for any spins, you were pushing fairly hard (for 7.30am). :)
    Would have given chase down the Templeogue Rd, but I had to turn off to go let the in-laws' cat out :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

seamus wrote: »
    Yeah, that was me. I wouldn't worry too much about your pace, you seem like you'd be well able for any spins, you were pushing fairly hard (for 7.30am). :)
    Ah but that was all downhill :D
    Would have given chase down the Templeogue Rd, but I had to turn off to go let the in-laws' cat out :/

Excuse sounds a little flimsy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

Last night @ approx 6:20 turning right under the Luas bridge in Dundrum to head towards the village/shopping centre. I neither waved nor shouted as I was trying not to fall off after lashing down Taney rd to try to catch the green only for it to go red just as I was getting to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Boardsie spotted in Castleknock village at approximately 8:50, going rather fast ahead of a peleton of commuters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Do you cycle a TREK 2.1? Think I may have spotted you flying up and down the Knocklyon Road as well?

Yep, that's me. :)

I don't have any other jerseys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

Last night at about 9.30 on the cycle track in Clontarf. You were heading out of town. I didn't manage to say anything before you went by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gimmeaminute

Last night at about 9.30 on the cycle track in Clontarf. You were heading out of town. I didn't manage to say anything before you went by.

Well, at freaking last. I can finally wear something else.

By which I mean that was me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

One spotted in todays Kilkenny People (local rag) from the MCC 200 :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gimmeaminute

One spotted in todays Kilkenny People (local rag) from the MCC 200 :)

Me again. Is there a record for consecutive sightings of a single board member? Am I, in fact, the champions?

Yep, that's me. :)

I don't have any other jerseys :D

Hey Seamus I was cycling across the Templeogue bridge this evening and I saw you and some guy who was out of his car standing at the side of the road looking at your bike. Did he hit you or something, everything okay?

Hey Seamus I was cycling across the Templeogue bridge this evening and I saw you and some guy who was out of his car standing at the side of the road looking at your bike. Did he hit you or something, everything okay?
    Yeah got sideswiped and hit the deck. I'm a little sore, bike is ok, that's the important thing :D

Yeah got sideswiped and hit the deck. I'm a little sore, bike is ok, that's the important thing :D

Forkin hell, I've had a few close run ins myself on the bridge. Usually cars drifting from one lane to the other without even indicating or checking mirrors. Glad to hear there is no serious damage

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Timmah! wrote: »
    Last night @ approx 6:20 turning right under the Luas bridge in Dundrum to head towards the village/shopping centre. I neither waved nor shouted as I was trying not to fall off after lashing down Taney rd to try to catch the green only for it to go red just as I was getting to it.
    Me again I'd say - second time spotted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Spotted one cycling through rathgar, towards Terenure today at about 6! First time i've spotted a jersey in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

I think you won the Eden Quay sprint séamus. :D

keenan110 wrote: »
    Spotted one cycling through rathgar, towards Terenure today at about 6! First time i've spotted a jersey in a long time!
    Probably me, pre-crash :D
    buffalo wrote: »
    I think you won the Eden Quay freewheel séamus. :D
    FYP. Bloody POBs :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Passed a guy today on the Rathangan Road, just at Newhall Cross. Gave an auld beep beep as I went by. It's nearly a year since I last saw one down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Saw full Boards kit passing by Kidzone in Wicklow heading towards Rathnew not more than 5 mins. Ago. Was jealous as hell as it's a gorgeous day for spin and my wife is at the Health & Beauty expo at the RDS. So my spin is tomorrow and the weather isnt too promising. ;-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

beertons wrote: »
    Passed a guy today on the Rathangan Road, just at Newhall Cross. Gave an auld beep beep as I went by. It's nearly a year since I last saw one down here.

Might have been me? Were you in a blue golf? Bit of a shock - not used to people beeping in a friendly manner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Boards.ie spotted on the Ballydehob/Schull road this morning. Didn't see the jersey until I was along side you and then it was too late to open the windows to shout obscenities! I passed you, going the other direction, small silver car with a bike on the roof.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭beertons

penexpers wrote: »
    Might have been me? Were you in a blue golf? Bit of a shock - not used to people beeping in a friendly manner :)

Aight, that was me alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Gave an on-foot Donal a wave this morning!

Were you running late this morning seamus? 8.45 Dame St->Eden Quay?

buffalo wrote: »
    Were you running late this morning seamus? 8.45 Dame St->Eden Quay?
    Yeah, could have been me. Left late and was taking it easy. Bruised ribs...euch.

Yeah, could have been me. Left late and was taking it easy. Bruised ribs...euch.

From the Templeogue Bridge incident, or did you pick up some new injuries at the weekend?

• Advertisement

Half and half. Think I aggravated it by playing golf on Saturday :o

Advertisement