Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

seamus wrote: »
    Half and half. Think I aggravated it by playing golf on Saturday :o

Well you've just lost my sympathy. :D Hope it gets better soon!

Gave an on-foot Donal a wave this morning!

Wasn't sure if that was you or not, then I saw the Focus Cayo. Thanks for the wave!

Funny though, haven't been spotted in months and then I get spotted when off the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

seamus wrote: »
    Half and half. Think I aggravated it by playing golf on Saturday :o

careful_now.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Dónal wrote: »
    Wasn't sure if that was you or not, then I saw the Focus Cayo. Thanks for the wave!

Funny though, haven't been spotted in months and then I get spotted when off the bike.
    Same bat time:D

Sorry I didn't say more of a hello this morning. The asshole in the A4 (sorry if they're a friend/colleague!) was taking up a large percentage of my concentration when they tried to lash past me and then jammed on the brakes just after passing me while indicating left to pull in, and then seemingly inviting me to undertake them. No thanks!

Same bat time:D

Sorry I didn't say more of a hello this morning.

You're grand, at this rate sure I'll see ya tomorrow.

Didn't see the A4 driver do that actually, few different companies here so could be someone I know or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Rock Road this morning, 8:30'ish. Cycling towards Blackrock. Boards shorts actually not jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

0820 this morning turning right on O'Connell Bridge to go down Eden Quay on a black and white focus with black socks :eek:

I tooted at you just before we turned into Marlborough Street.

Jawgap wrote: »
    0820 this morning turning right on O'Connell Bridge to go down Eden Quay on a black and white focus with black socks :eek:

I tooted at you just before we turned into Marlborough Street.

I was all out of white socks this morning. :( Well, one pair, but I'm saving those for a non-commute spin!

I heard the toot, but didn't realise it was intended for me. Thanks! I actually thought someone was beeping at you for daring to slow down and let me through instead of swerving across my path! :P

buffalo wrote: »
    I was all out of white socks this morning. :( Well, one pair, but I'm saving those for a non-commute spin!

I heard the toot, but didn't realise it was intended for me. Thanks! I actually thought someone was beeping at you for daring to slow down and let me through instead of swerving across my path! :P

tried to do three quick "bips" but it was the wife's car so not as used to it as on my own.

Wife was mortified that I was tooting at complete strangers!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Spotted someone out of the corner of my eye this morning with boards arm warmers on (it's bloody roasting out you looper). Turning onto the Ballycullen Rd from Firhouse Rd at 11am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Milan Cobian

Straffan to Maynooth road around 4.30pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

05:45 this morning Between Ballybrack and Shankill, full battlegear!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Saxobank wrote: »
    05:45 this morning Between Ballybrack and Shankill, full battlegear!
    Possibly me heading to the WW200. It was about that point where I managed to snap a gear cable. Not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Blowfish wrote: »
    Possibly me heading to the WW200. It was about that point where I managed to snap a gear cable. Not fun.
    F/R cable?
    Were you able to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

abcdggs wrote: »
    F/R cable?
    Were you able to fix it?
    Rear one. Thankfully there was a mechanic who had set up shop in the carpark in Shoreline (no idea if he was 'official' or not), so he sorted it for me.

Someone in a blue car gave me the boards beep at some point after Avoca (vague, I know). Hello! o/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I passed one of ye just outside Laragh in my blue taxi about 11:30.
    Hope you had a good day.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the bald monk

spotted you near roundwood i think. well done on doing the W200! was going to give an encouraging beep but unsure as to the etiquette in these situations? (I never know if car is saying "get out of my way" or "well done"!)

also regularly see a guy on james joyce bridge in evenings wearing boards shorts.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

thought I glimpsed a boardsie in a pair of lucky buggers heading out enniskerry road this morning at 9.15 or so, nice day for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

copacetic wrote: »
    thought I glimpsed a boardsie in a pair of lucky buggers heading out enniskerry road this morning at 9.15 or so, nice day for it..

What are lucky buggers?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    What are lucky buggers?

anyone cycling off into wicklow on a day like today when I'm going to work!

copacetic wrote: »
    anyone cycling off into wicklow on a day like today when I'm going to work!

Ah, for a moment I thought it was an item of clothing, then it dawned on me. That sounds like myself and Planet-x, and yes, it was quite nice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ah, for a moment I thought it was an item of clothing, then it dawned on me. That sounds like myself and Planet-x, and yes, it was quite nice.

Enjoyed that spin.
    Nice burn Dirk?
    I tried as hard as I could on the way back................

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

spotted you near roundwood i think. well done on doing the W200! was going to give an encouraging beep but unsure as to the etiquette in these situations? (I never know if car is saying "get out of my way" or "well done"!)

also regularly see a guy on james joyce bridge in evenings wearing boards shorts.

Hi, that's me:D two friends and I enjoyed the 200, I now find myself immortalised
    as image 4280 on the W200 photo gallery:D

Planet X wrote: »
    Enjoyed that spin.
    Nice burn Dirk?
    I tried as hard as I could on the way back................

Burn? Nah, was doing at most 71% :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

That's probably me. Riding a Langster '07 (rust coloured) by any chance? That's part of my regualr route home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

First propper spot.. 50m beyond Dundrum Luas bridge heading towards Rathfanham @ 8:35 this morn :D

Wanted to shout something, but the moment passed after the excitment of seeing someone famous ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Yesterday evening around 6pm on the Clontarf Psycho path. Gave a yell and got a response...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thought I'd better post this one before he did!

Met Jawgap who was sporting the boards colours this morning on the old N1 heading into town just north of the M1 Lissenhall roundabout. Had a nice chat for about 5km before I had to turn off at Swords

Pleased to see you getting back into the swing of it Jawgap

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Thought I'd better post this one before he did!

Met Jawgap who was sporting the boards colours this morning on the old N1 heading into town just north of the M1 Lissenhall roundabout. Had a nice chat for about 5km before I had to turn off at Swords

Pleased to see you getting back into the swing of it Jawgap

Cheers!!

Enjoyed the spin and the chat

Advertisement