Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Brief sighting of Boardsie jersey going down Gardiner St at around 8 o clock this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Gavin wrote: »
    Brief sighting of Boardsie jersey going down Gardiner St at around 8 o clock this morning

That could've been me - I came down that way just before 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Bearded boardsie spotted coming into Baldoyle form Sutton direction at about 8 pm. Horn on car didn't work so I just waved...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Bearded boardsie spotted coming into Baldoyle form Sutton direction at about 8 pm. Horn on car didn't work so I just waved...

Rflynnr. I saw him too whilst out doing a schneaky bit o' training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Straffan to Maynooth road around 4.30pm today.

That was me. Had come from Newbridge through Clane, turned around at Maynooth (after a sneaky toilet break in Tesco) and was going home to Newbridge via Straffan and Kill.

I like the road from Maynooth to Barberstown Castle, a bit boring but it's very easy to get into a nice rhythm a long it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    Rflynnr. I saw him too whilst out doing a schneaky bit o' training.
    What are you training for? I thought you'd retired

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

cdaly_ wrote: »

Me alright and sorry I didn't return the greeting. I think of myself as so anonymous that I assumed you were waving at someone else. Kind of forgot I was in Boards gear.

I did pass a Garmin Kit-wearing cyclist (part of a pair) someone going the opposite direction around Dollymount who also waved. Anyone local?

I hadn't been out for SO LONG - an ongoing chest complaint (X-rays, CT-Scans, the whole 9 yds) has kept me relatively sedate. It felt only great but I've acknowledged that I'm going to have to limit myself to sub-100k rides until I find out what's up with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

boards cap spotted at the zion rd junction off orwell rd last night about half 6. Didn't wave as i only realised as you were gone.

Spotted dirkvoodoo's shoes but they were wearing someone else at the time. they are very yellow!

abcdggs wrote: »
    boards cap spotted at the zion rd junction off orwell rd last night about half 6. Didn't wave as i only realised as you were gone.

Hah, think that'd be me (assuming the shoes person isn't the same!).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Beasty wrote: »
    What are you training for? I thought you'd retired

Stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

boards.ie jersey seen on Dundalk bypass - around 12ish yesterday (Sun 26th).
    I was on the return leg of the Belfast-Dublin Maracycle - not sure if the wearer was part of the maracycle cyclists though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

boards.ie jersey seen on Dundalk bypass - around 12ish yesterday (Sun 26th).
    I was on the return leg of the Belfast-Dublin Maracycle - not sure if the wearer was part of the maracycle cyclists though.

Could have been me. The Tour of Louth was on yesterday and 12 was around the time I was passing back through Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

where can one get on of the Boards Cycling jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cork24 wrote: »
    where can one get on of the Boards Cycling jersey

Order has gone in already, you'll be waiting at least six months for another one. Probably a good bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

This evening at 6.15 at the bottom of Guild Street, opposite the Samuel Beckett bridge. I was stopped at the lights on the bridge and you were stopped at the lights on Guild Street and then turned left onto the north quays. You had a black helmet and were on a Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

This thread is starting to sound like missed connections on craigs list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

This evening at 6.15 at the bottom of Guild Street, opposite the Samuel Beckett bridge. I was stopped at the lights on the bridge and you were stopped at the lights on Guild Street and then turned left onto the north quays. You had a black helmet and were on a Focus.
    'twas my good self heading home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Spotted a Boardsie in full Boards gear on the bridge between Winetavern St and Chancery Place this morning around 9.15. He was on what looked like a Ribble Audax/Winter 7005 but I could be wrong.

I smiled a little hello but I don't think you saw!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Spotted at least one boardsie on the Twin Peaks Challenge out of Naas the weekend gone by. If it was only one, we seemed to be keeping similar pace, because I saw you both at the stop in Laragh, and back in Naas for the food at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

This morning around 8:20 heading down Dartry rd towards Milltown, boards shorts, Cornflakes jersey...

• Advertisement

Timmah! wrote: »
    This morning around 8:20 heading down Dartry rd towards Milltown, boards shorts, Cornflakes jersey...

Woo! Cornflakes! Yes that's me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Spotted crossing Harolds Cross Bridge at about 5:20 this evening, boards jersey, messenger bag and Focus bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bequick

cython wrote: »
    Spotted at least one boardsie on the Twin Peaks Challenge out of Naas the weekend gone by. If it was only one, we seemed to be keeping similar pace, because I saw you both at the stop in Laragh, and back in Naas for the food at the end.
    That had to be me on the Twin Peaks Challenge. The food was great :D.
    Never experienced such strong wind going up the Wickow Gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Spotted crossing Harolds Cross Bridge at about 5:20 this evening, boards jersey, messenger bag and Focus bike.

ooh, that was probably me. I was having a great up to that point, when I got stuck behind a bus. I probably shouldn't watch the TdF before leaving work... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Bequick wrote: »
    That had to be me on the Twin Peaks Challenge. The food was great :D.
    Never experienced such strong wind going up the Wickow Gap.

Yeah, the food was fantastic, especially after the Tour of Louth that a few of us had done the previous week - no comparison, and well worth the slightly higher entry fee, especially given where the proceeds were going.

I'll second that about the Wicklow Gap wind, as while it was only my second go up it, one of the guys I was out with had to walk a stretch of it for the first time ever. I was damn glad I'd gotten the lower gearing of a compact going up there (compared to my previous attempt), and was delighted to be the second of our 4 up to the top, despite being by far the least experienced cyclist, not to mention passing a few people as I got away from the other two :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Around 17:00 yesterday on the Eastlink heading South.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Hermy wrote: »
    Around 17:00 yesterday on the Eastlink heading South.
    That would be me again. I did think I heard a belated beep, but I was too far past you to respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Full kit, 9.30am Bachelor's walk crossing in front of O'Connell Street. Was wondering how you stayed so dry when everyone else was drenched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

I saw my first ever Boards jersey on Saturday, as I was stopped to take in the sights over Glencree. It was only after you'd gone past I realised it was a boards jersey, I'd no idea what they looked like.

Then saw my second about an hour later going down the descent into Laragh, you were going up in a group of 3 or 4 at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I saw my first ever Boards jersey on Saturday, as I was stopped to take in the sights over Glencree. It was only after you'd gone past I realised it was a boards jersey, I'd no idea what they looked like.

Then saw my second about an hour later going down the descent into Laragh, you were going up in a group of 3 or 4 at the time!

What time was it? I was wearing the full boards kit and was around the area on Saturday.

Advertisement