Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

AstraMonti wrote: »
    What time was it? I was wearing the full boards kit and was around the area on Saturday.

1st sighting would have been around 10 or so, second around 11ish maybe?

I'm guessing from the amount of people I saw coming up from Laragh rather than going down into Laragh it's a nice climb?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm guessing from the amount of people I saw coming up from Laragh rather than going down into Laragh it's a nice climb?
    I haven't been down it for a while but last time I was on the road between the Glenmacnass Waterfall and Laragh the road was in a real mess; it is a lot easier to climb in this circumstance; descending on such a road is no fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭furiousox

Saw one last week heading north towards Julianstown on a Boardman, now who would that be?

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

furiousox wrote: »
    Saw one last week heading north towards Julianstown on a Boardman, now who would that be?

Anseo!:)

Probably me - don't think there are any other Halford jockeys out that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

blorg wrote: »
    I haven't been down it for a while but last time I was on the road between the Glenmacnass Waterfall and Laragh the road was in a real mess; it is a lot easier to climb in this circumstance; descending on such a road is no fun at all.

It's fine now-not an autobahn but fine for a descent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Someone overtook me while I was on a lovely go-slow yesterday evening on Cork Street (Dublin). Around 5.15pm heading towards the canal. You were wearing a blue and white cap and had a hi-vis in your back pocket! I would have said hello but I was half asleep and by the time I spotted you you were long ahead of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I saw one going past the Custom House in Dublin this morning. Heading east around 8.30 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Spotted my first boardsie on my first spin on the new bike, first time cycling in about 15years.

They were heading up the hill past the Hellfire club/Masseys wood at about 7pm. I managed a quick nod, but I was hanging onto the bike for dear life getting used to going downhill again!! In hinsight the cycle up Old Court road and on up to the viewing point was overly ambitious for a first cycle!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I saw one passing by on the cycle path around Clontarf at 16.20 ish. On a nice looking Boardman.

Also met Tiny and saw his Mercian. Very very nice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

brayblue24 wrote: »
    It's fine now-not an autobahn but fine for a descent
    Right, OK. It is a nice descent I think when the road is in one piece. Quite fast. Just have to be careful for tourists who just randomly stroll across the road in front of you, particularly near the waterfall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

RobFowl wrote: »
    I saw one passing by on the cycle path around Clontarf at 16.20 ish. On a nice looking Boardman.

*blush* Why thank you -the mercian's not bad either though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

@Robfowl. When you say very very nice, I presume you mean the Mercian as opposed to Tiny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

ROK ON wrote: »
    @Robfowl. When you say very very nice, I presume you mean the Mercian as opposed to Tiny.

If I was that way inclined I'd say him ;)

Meant the Mercian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

Spotted a bearded one at the Orwell Roundabout yesterday evening at about 20: 15.

Gave him two pips on the car horn and a nod... :)

RobFowl wrote: »

That will have been me! Heading home the long way.

I saw a boardsie about 5 mins (at 1615) before that in Fairview heading for the city? Didn't clock the bike as it was on the opposite side of the road - was that Tiny?

Jawgap wrote: »
    That will have been me! Heading home the long way.

I saw a boardsie about 5 mins (at 1615) before that in Fairview heading for the city? Didn't clock the bike as it was on the opposite side of the road - was that Tiny?

Nope, no Boards jersey today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NoddingCyclist

Had my first boards jersey sighting yesterday - around 4:15pm on George's Quay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Not a Boards jersey sighting...

I was cycling home along Baggot Street (outbound, bottom of Waterloo Road) on Monday evening (6ish?) and I was almost tempted to shout 'Hi Boardsie!'

The reason? A guy on a pearly white Planet X. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

City centre, memorial road (bus áras / custom house), 6 o'clock ... Fully kitted out in boards bib shorts and jersey !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Who's going to see the first new boards jersey??

• Advertisement

abcdggs wrote: »

Depends on when they arrive! :)

CramCycle, I'd imagine........

..........I'll get me coat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NoddingCyclist

Two days in a row, I feel like I'm being spoiled now:D

This time, it was yesterday evening about 6:50pm on the Ballycullen Road,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭scheister

Jawgap wrote: »
    CramCycle, I'd imagine........

..........I'll get me coat!

If that was the worst line ive heard in the last day id be very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Two days in a row, I feel like I'm being spoiled now:D

This time, it was yesterday evening about 6:50pm on the Ballycullen Road,
    Me. I stayed late in work, which meant that I missed that monsoon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Say a boards jersey around howth, ask them their user name, turned out to be Dirk. very nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

kennyb3 wrote: »
    ...turned out to be Dirk. very nice guy

Get a room.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Raam wrote: »
    Get a room.
    jealousy will get you nowhere, flattery on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Saw a boards jersey at the lights between Dame St and Georges St yesterday at 17:50 cycling a Trek with a luminous yellow back pack. He was going straight up Dame St and I went left on Georges St but cut in behind him again on Patrick St before the cathedral. He was going straight onto Clanbrassil St while I went right onto Cork St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 kemase

I rode home yesterday for first time wearing my new (Old) boards.ie jersey and a thumbs up from a runner at Dollymount. A reverse jersey sighting, so to speak.

Advertisement