Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

kemase wrote: »
    I rode home yesterday for first time wearing my new (Old) boards.ie jersey and a thumbs up from a runner at Dollymount. A reverse jersey sighting, so to speak.

That was me - out for a 10 miler with a couple of Shamrocks. Reciprocate next time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Saw a boards jersey at the lights between Dame St and Georges St yesterday at 17:50 cycling a Trek with a luminous yellow back pack. He was going straight up Dame St and I went left on Georges St but cut in behind him again on Patrick St before the cathedral. He was going straight onto Clanbrassil St while I went right onto Cork St.
    Me, again. I need to find a less conspicuous route home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NoddingCyclist

Actually, Seamus, think I saw you again last night (feel like a stalker now :eek: )
    Bit earlier this time, around 6:15pm and think you may have been slightly closer to home - on Hunter's Crescent.
    I did consider yelling hi (I was on the opposite side of the road, out for a run), but didn't want to scare you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kemase

christeb wrote: »
    That was me - out for a 10 miler with a couple of Shamrocks. Reciprocate next time :p

Definitely will next time. I was having one of those evenings where the legs weren't working, a bit wrecked and slow on the uptake. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Actually, Seamus, think I saw you again last night (feel like a stalker now :eek: )
    Bit earlier this time, around 6:15pm and think you may have been slightly closer to home - on Hunter's Crescent.
    Not unless you saw me walking my dog, I wouldn't have been in Hunters Crescent :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NoddingCyclist

Ah ok, since it was you on Ballycullen Road, the other night, I assumed it was you again. Guess it's a good job I didn't yell "Hi Seamus" then :D
    Seems to be an area for the boardsies then...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Say a boards jersey around howth, ask them their user name, turned out to be Dirk. very nice guy

Good to meet you to kenny, don't think I've met someone who looked so happy being out on the bike. Raam needs to teach you his ice cold euro look, maybe throw in a fingerbang as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Good to meet you to kenny, don't think I've met someone who looked so happy being out on the bike. Raam needs to teach you his ice cold euro look, maybe throw in a fingerbang as well.

Fingerbanging - you guys deffo need to get a room:)

btw - is your preference for

one.....
    Cavendish_giro15_roadbikeaction.jpg

two.....
    mark-cavendish_1293742c.jpg

or three fingers
    corvos_mark_cavendish_wins_stage_12.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I just seen the new kit, in fact 100's of them, in my lab, in 2 boxes, I think I win for most jerseys spotted at one time right?

WIN

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just seen one of the new ones in use.

CramCycle, in Airside Retail Park this morning, having cycled from town to drop off orders for a number of us based Northside.

Thanks for all the effort - I see you were posting this morning at around 3.30, and you still managed to get up to cycle out to deliver the gear this morning

Also spotted cdaly_ who tried his jersey on there and then, together with austinbyrne21, jawgap and needmoregears

We were rather concerned at one stage that the sight of a number of grown men hanging around a car park and exchanging packages may have looked a bit suspicious, but fortunately no-one alerted the Gards. I guess it's a scene that may be repeated over the next few days!

EDIT - should we have a new thread for the new jersey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Seen one a 6.30 yesterday in portmarnock, they were going towards malahide i was going towards baldoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kemase

Seen one a 6.30 yesterday in portmarnock, they were going towards malahide i was going towards baldoyle

Probably me, rushing home from work about that time. Saw a few riders heading the other way including tandem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

saw another going along the cycle track at clontarf this afternoon they were going towards sutton, gave them a wave. might have been raam, i so need contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

CramCycle wrote: »
    I just seen the new kit, in fact 100's of them, in my lab, in 2 boxes, I think I win for most jerseys spotted at one time right?

WIN

Hmmm, I might run you close in that respect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

saw another going along the cycle track at clontarf this afternoon they were going towards sutton, gave them a wave. might have been raam, i so need contacts.

Not me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 neiljb

I'll claim that one .... !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

neiljb wrote: »
    I'll claim that one .... !

neiljb

also spotted at the Howth summit carpark earlier today.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

George's Street, Dun Laoghaire, lunch time today. Didn't notice what you were wearing till you passed but I did see the whites of your eyes as I rushed to reach the footpath after misjudging how far away you were!

brayblue24 wrote: »
    George's Street, Dun Laoghaire, lunch time today. Didn't notice what you were wearing till you passed but I did see the whites of your eyes as I rushed to reach the footpath after misjudging how far away you were!

Sounds like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Sounds like me!

Ol' crazy Dirk. Tryna run down the coppers.

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    Ol' crazy Dirk. Tryna run down the coppers.

No no, maybe going a little fast though. I don't remember seeing any Gardai, brayblue, you weren't wearing a stripy shirt and jeans were you? Goatee maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

No nothing wrong with his speed, I was at fault rambling about at oap pace. I was in work MTB gear (without the yellow) so pretty nondescript and no, no goatee! Any spare hair I have I would prefer it was attached to my scalp at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Raam wrote: »
    Ol' crazy Dirk. Tryna run down to the coppers.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Spotted a fine new jersey this morning going in castleknock village on a hybrid/mtb with bar ends

• Registered Users Posts: 18 davidoc

Gavin wrote: »
    Spotted a fine new jersey this morning going in castleknock village on a hybrid/mtb with bar ends

Me, I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

Last night, heading towards Cruagh Wood from viewpoint. I was the extremely sweaty guy running (or possibly walking) towards viewpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Timmah! wrote: »
    Last night, heading towards Cruagh Wood from viewpoint. I was the extremely sweaty guy running (or possibly walking) towards viewpoint.
    That would be me. I had too much energy when leaving work, so added in Stocking Lane/Pine Forest to my commute.

Blowfish wrote: »
    That would be me. I had too much energy when leaving work, so added in Stocking Lane/Pine Forest to my commute.

About 9pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Timmah! wrote: »
    About 9pm?
    Yep, was working a late shift so finished at 8pm in the city center.

• Advertisement

Cool, your bike made a tremendous lack of noise.

Advertisement