Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

brayblue24 wrote: »
    New style jersey on Killarney Road, Bray, opposite the graveyard at 11.20 this morning. Nicer jersey than I thought when seen in the flesh, I actually thought it was a retro Campagnolo type in the distance.

Think that was me. Altura black shorts and on a Trek 2.1? First time cycling in Wicklow Mountains, went up to Roundwood, nearly killed me, big shock to system as I am used to cycling around Drogheda, where cycling is completely different. Was coming back from Greystones and would have been around the Killarney Road at the time. Very impressed by the jersey in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Kilkenny yesterday. Capt Havoc. Full kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

drogdub wrote: »
    went up to Roundwood, nearly killed me, big shock to system

Yup I think that one gives everybody a shock the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

So, the new design jersey had its first outing with a French club this morning. 100k with the Club Cyclisme St.Brevins Les Pins. A peleton of about 30 Bling! bikes (not a one under €1000 or more) over 100km of rolling /flat country. Did my best to keepthe Irish side up. Kept with the pace but got dropped at times on those short climbs. Chased down the peleton afterwards each time though. Grand chat and good company. Felt very welcome.

100km Avg 28kph,max 52kph about 3h 20 rolling...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I saw a Rottenhat yesterday coming down from Sally gap and today I saw a new boards jersey on N11, I was in the black mazda :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

That was me on the N11, first spin with the new kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

No Jersey sighting as such, but I said I'd say hello to the couple I met with at the Sally Gap today, Sean and Tracy(I think they were the names???).

They said they were familiar some of the heads on here though not regular posters themselves. Good going from them today around the mountains. Oh and thanks for the homemade flapjack!

ps, they were extremely impressed by my climbing ability:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

saw a guy wearing one turning from onto the tallaght bypass at tghe plaza,

cycling a white canyon bike

nice bike, and jersey to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Saw a rake of both old and new at the Tour of Kildare yesterday. Unfortunately couldn't help but notice that the new shorts are definitely on the see through side though, being right behind someone with them for a while of the neutralised stretch. Didn't notice what type of bike it was to pin down who it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Old style boards.ie jersey seen in Santry this morning about 8am. I was going the opposite direction and RJL'ed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭positron

Jawgap wrote: »
    I'll do the commute pretty much year round. When the evenings and mornings get darker I tend to stick to the direct route rather than meandering all over the countryside! The only real rule of thumb that I have is not to do Blake's Cross in the dark on the way in - on the way home it's grand.

Jawgap, can I ask what do you ride? And how long you get out of each bike doing 100+ km a day on old N1 and north Dublin roads? Especially the wheels?

thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

cython wrote: »
    Saw a rake of both old and new at the Tour of Kildare yesterday. Unfortunately couldn't help but notice that the new shorts are definitely on the see through side though, being right behind someone with them for a while of the neutralised stretch. Didn't notice what type of bike it was to pin down who it was though.

Wasn't me - I don't have a pair of the new shorts. niceonetom and caroline.ie were the only other people I saw in the new kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Boards jersey spotted on the Quay in Waterford this morning just after lunch. c. 2.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Old style boards.ie jersey seen in Santry this morning about 8am. I was going the opposite direction and RJL'ed.

That was me wearing the retro jersey. Not sure what "RJL'ed" means. The only person I remember waving at was a guy in swords kit, was that you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

c0rk3r wrote: »
    That was me wearing the retro jersey. Not sure what "RJL'ed" means. The only person I remember waving at was a guy in swords kit, was that you?

I presume it's a typo and he meant RLJ which is "red light jumper", I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Ah right. Even without the typo i wouldnt have known what that meant. I consciously don't jump the lights whilst wearing the jersey because you know i'd be spotted and have the sighting reported here :D oh the shame

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Spins wrote: »
    Boards jersey spotted on the Quay in Waterford this morning just after lunch. c. 2.30pm

I'm curious who this might be, think this must be the closest sighting to where I live....until Captain Havoc is sighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Focus riding Boardsie in Vets race?

Scroll halfway down the page to this race.
    Sunday 25th. July 2010
    80 K. C.P. Warrenstown
    ( Millenium Cup )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Beasty.
    Never mind that, scroll down to the bottom of that page and cop the unmarked Garda car roaring through the sprint finish. Blue lights flashing also. Tool!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

jimm wrote: »
    Focus riding Boardsie in Vets race?

Scroll halfway down the page to this race.
    Sunday 25th. July 2010
    80 K. C.P. Warrenstown
    ( Millenium Cup )

AFAIK the first new boards jersey to be dropped in any race - they all look like old men, and I still can't keep up with them:o

(there's also one of me in yesterday's race in Swords gear)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

saw a guy wearing one turning from onto the tallaght bypass at tghe plaza,

cycling a white canyon bike

nice bike, and jersey to! :D

That was me starting out for a great day in Wicklow. First outing for the jersey, second for the bike. Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Spins wrote: »
    Cabaal wrote: »
    I'm curious who this might be, think this must be the closest sighting to where I live....until Captain Havoc is sighted :)

That was me :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

That was me :)

haha I suppose you were going to be spotted sooner or later
    Kilkenny to Waterford spin I take it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cabaal wrote: »
    haha I suppose you were going to be spotted sooner or later
    Kilkenny to Waterford spin I take it?

Inistioge, Mullinavat, Waterford, Kilmeaden, Piltown, Templeoreum, Knocktopher and home. This was followed by beginners club spin to Thomastown, Ballyhale, Knocktopher, Dunamaggin, Callan and back in the Callan road.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Boards shorts heading in the direction of Merrion Gates on Strand Road a bit after 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

ullu wrote: »
    Boards shorts heading in the direction of Merrion Gates on Strand Road a bit after 5pm.
    That would be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Ah right. Even without the typo i wouldnt have known what that meant. I consciously don't jump the lights whilst wearing the jersey because you know i'd be spotted and have the sighting reported here :D oh the shame

'twasnt me in the Swords gear yesterday. I RLJ so I don't wear any club gear on my commute. Nodded to you this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,391 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Saw Boards Jersey last night on the N59 between Oughterard and Moycullen around 8-9pm. Didn't get a chance to see the make of the bike, i was so excited seeing a Boards Jersey for the first time :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Forgot to post this sooner- my first sighting of the new kit!

Friday last, exactly 6pm: you were going north through the bus gate in College Green (in the outside lane) - Boards jersey, (possible?) shades, bristly chin, road bike (didn't see what type) - I was going south- brown tank top, beard, black Dutch bike with a green crate on the front. I would have rung my bell, but it's new, so use has yet to become intuitive. Also, I was momentarity stunned by the beauty of the kit! (Looks a good bit better in the flesh than in the photos.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Saw someone in the older kit on Belgard Road, Saturday morning, around 9:30

Advertisement