Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

That was me starting out for a great day in Wicklow. First outing for the jersey, second for the bike. Thanks.

as a matter of interest

is that a carbon Canyon?

either way, lovely looking bike, my brother is thinking of getting one next year, so im just wondering what they where like to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

el tonto wrote: »
    Saw someone in the older kit on Belgard Road, Saturday morning, around 9:30

Sounds like me - if it was heading away from Tallaght. I cut my spin short on Saturday morning and would have been heading home about that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Met Mike (in new boards kit) and Stephen in Howth today.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Sounds like me - if it was heading away from Tallaght. I cut my spin short on Saturday morning and would have been heading home about that time.

Sounds right. Was in Orwell gear heading the other way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

None of my business Dirk. But you live probably 20mins from say 3 Rock or say Cruagh. That being the case why traipse all the way across town for a 100m climb?
    You're not milf hunting on the Northside now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Just back from Howth. Didn't notice any Boards jerseys this evening but there were loads of cyclists going up and down the hill. Anyone from this parish?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Saw you flying by in your new boards jersey near sutton, looks superb! Called after you but we were going opposite directions.
    Hermy wrote: »
    Just back from Howth. Didn't notice any Boards jerseys this evening but there were a loads of cyclists going up and down the hill. Anyone from this parish?

Might have seen you but there were at least 40 going over the top and that's no exaggeration. I did a few rotations over the head and back, was wearing white giro jersey and assos shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Just back from Howth. Didn't notice any Boards jerseys this evening but there were loads of cyclists going up and down the hill. Anyone from this parish?

I was out there for a brief period earlier this evening. Stretching the legs after the Nevadas. Howth seems so very very short all of a sudden. More so.

Yeah, I'd say at least forty and then some.
    I was wearing an iBanesto jersey.

@Raam Howth seemed more than long enough thanks!

Genealogy Forum Mod

@Raam Howth seemed more than long enough thanks!

We did a 25km climb on Sunday. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Met Dirkvoodoo in Howth was my first time up there so thanks for the advice half way Dirk, the headwind all the way home to swords was almost as hard.
    Mike

Raam wrote: »
    We did a 25km climb on Sunday. :eek:
    I think my entire cycle was 25km.:o
    mike12 wrote: »
    ...the headwind all the way home to swords was almost as hard...

Snap!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

el tonto wrote: »
    Sounds right. Was in Orwell gear heading the other way

Ah...I might have even given you a wave/acknowledgement!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

jimm wrote: »
    Focus riding Boardsie in Vets race?

Scroll halfway down the page to this race.
    Sunday 25th. July 2010
    80 K. C.P. Warrenstown
    ( Millenium Cup )

Boardsie racing 2009 in retro kit.
    Vets. Hill Climb TT.

On the drops.
    Raam approved?

Up the Sugar Loaf.

2ea458130-1.jpg

......coming down.....

2eaa579b0-1.jpg

.....eh, braking a little :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

ROK ON wrote: »
    None of my business Dirk. But you live probably 20mins from say 3 Rock or say Cruagh. That being the case why traipse all the way across town for a 100m climb?
    You're not milf hunting on the Northside now?

Valid question! I enjoy Cruagh, but I would normally go there with another person on a training run. This was just an impulsive "heck it's a nice day" spin and I enjoy the ride out to Howth (apart from the east link).

Plus I was trying to see what my times were up the hill, not very good to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

New Boards kit spotted moving well on N11 @ Stillorgan -> Donnybrook, leaving the poor commuters standing!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

fenris wrote: »
    New Boards kit spotted moving well on N11 @ Stillorgan -> Donnybrook, leaving the poor commuters standing!

Saw the same. Two sightings in a week having never seen one in the flesh before!

Another new jersey at the junction of the Rock Road and Booterstown Avenue heading towards town around twenty minutes ago.

fenris wrote: »

Possibly. On the Stillorgan to Donnybrook every day. This morning about 8:30 going in and 4:30 coming home.
    Wore my SS boards new today actually.
    Me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

ullu wrote: »
    Another new jersey at the junction of the Rock Road and Booterstown Avenue heading towards town around twenty minutes ago.

Possibly me coming back from Killiney - I was on a black boardman and had a grey rucksack.

Planet X wrote: »
    Possibly. On the Stillorgan to Donnybrook every day. This morning about 8:30 going in and 4:30 coming home.
    Wore my SS boards new today actually.
    Me?

Having a bit of bother overtaking a slow commuter at the Esso by Stillorgan Park hotel?
    Jawgap wrote:
    Possibly me coming back from Killiney - I was on a black boardman and had a grey rucksack.

Sounds about right!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Old kit, last evening around 6:45 or so in Sandyford industrial estate, blue cap, going by the luas terminus heading towards leopardstown roundabout

Planet X wrote: »
    Boardsie racing 2009 in retro kit.
    Vets. Hill Climb TT.

On the drops.
    Raam approved?

Up the Sugar Loaf.

2ea458130-1.jpg

Bottle cages? On a hill climb? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Had a Snap! moment with RogerB yesterday evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

kenmc wrote: »
    Old kit, last evening around 6:45 or so in Sandyford industrial estate, blue cap, going by the luas terminus heading towards leopardstown roundabout

T'was me!

Raam wrote: »
    Bottle cages? On a hill climb? ;)

:). Was out on a spin around Glencree Valley that morning and planned to drop over to Kilmacanogue WHILE the Hill TT was on for a look see. Got there too early, hadn't started, and was roped in to doing it.

:)

You couldn't make it up!

What I mean is is that you couldn't make the story up...........I reckon you could just make it up the Col ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I drove all the way home from Rosslare to Baldoyle today, slowing down to check out every cyclist and didn't see a single boards jersey! Not good...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Tonight at the start or the Orwell/Lucan/Tiernan's/UCD/Boards? league race. Not sure if the jersey went off the front or out the back but it wasn't sighted in the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Was coming out of my house tonight and spoted a bloke on a bike on Grange Road in Baldoyle then on Willie Nolan Road saw the bike parked up in a drive way and there was said bloke in a new boards jersey talking to someone in a house. Jersey looked very nice. bike didnt look bad either :rolleyes:

Advertisement