Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

100Suns wrote: »
    Tonight at the start or the Orwell/Lucan/Tiernan's/UCD/Boards? league race. Not sure if the jersey went off the front or out the back but it wasn't sighted in the race.

Yeah that was me, just the winter jacket for the trip out and the trip home.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not a Jersey sighting, but I passed mockler on Burgh Quay last night. After he sprinted down George's Quay, I was hoping for a good chase to take me home. Alas, he slowed right down on Burgh Quay, probably to adjust his insanely low saddle or do something about his enormous tyres :)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Saw a navy boards jersey on the sea front, near closed texaco in kilbarrack about 7.50 last night. As a newbie, i didn't know the proper etiquiette when sighting a jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Kav0777 wrote: »
    As a newbie, i didn't know the proper etiquiette when sighting a jersey.

Shout "FOUR TEN" as loudly as possible.

If out of earshot, you should sign the number by presenting two "v signs" whilst wiggling all ten toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Duly noted, thank you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

neris wrote: »
    Was coming out of my house tonight and spoted a bloke on a bike on Grange Road in Baldoyle then on Willie Nolan Road saw the bike parked up in a drive way and there was said bloke in a new boards jersey talking to someone in a house. Jersey looked very nice. bike didnt look bad either :rolleyes:

That would have been Raam dropping off my old-style boards jersey (thanks Raam).

I note you didn't mention the 5 bikes perched hedgehog-like on the car after the hols...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That's funny - cdaly cycles a good 100 miles or so and doesn't see a Boards jersey while neris merely steps out of his house for a moment and sees one.

Sorry, I'm easily amused.:o

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭gerardduff

Saw my first ever boards jersey yesterday, same as the one pictured on the previous page. It was on a ginger lad outside the health science building on the Belfield campus UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Saw a guy in the boards kit heading through Eden Quay at about 7.30 yesterday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

gerardduff wrote: »
    Saw my first ever boards jersey yesterday, same as the one pictured on the previous page. It was on a ginger lad outside the health science building on the Belfield campus UCD.

That wouldn't have been on Wednesday, rather than yesterday? I was there then to pick up the long sleeve version from CramCycle.

• Advertisement

Hermy wrote: »
    That's funny - cdaly cycles a good 100 miles or so and doesn't see a Boards jersey while neris merely steps out of his house for a moment and sees one.

Sorry, I'm easily amused.:o

Er, drives...

Just off the ferry and on the way home you see...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Er, drives...

Sorry I meant to say stoopid as well.:o:o

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Spotted boardsie in old gear heading up Howth and again heading towards Dublin on the Clontarf cycle track between 10:00 - 10:30 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

spoted an old jersey this afternoon at 1 oclock heading down strand road in baldoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

neris wrote: »
    spoted an old jersey this afternoon at 1 oclock heading down strand road in baldoyle.

That was mise. Had a nice leisurely cycle up Howth with a friend, then out to Malahide to stretch the legs before the Orwell Randonee tomorrow.

There was a lad with me from the level crossing 'til he turned off towards Swords, said he lurks here occasionally. Hello! o/ :)

I think I spied a new Boards jersey going by the Bleeding Horse at about 1 o'clock this afternoon.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Spotted boardsie in old gear heading up Howth and again heading towards Dublin on the Clontarf cycle track between 10:00 - 10:30 this morning.

That was me I think. Was the end of my Sat morn spin where I had been up to Enniskerry and on way home to Clontarf decided in all my wisdom to head up HH. It nearly finished me off!! Need all the training I can get for Tuesday me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Old Bray Road going past St. Brendan's College about 8.40pm. Even managed to blow horn this time. Unusually I got a wave in return and not the two fingers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Old Bray Road going past St. Brendan's College about 8.40pm. Even managed to blow horn this time. Unusually I got a wave in return and not the two fingers:D

Me on my way home after a quick evening spin (and wishing I had brought lights). Thanks for the beep. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Spotted Doctor Bob flying down Camden Street on Thursday evening. No Boards jersey though. The most aerodynamic thing I've ever seen him in has been a waistcoat.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Whoosh! Yes indeed. Though not in a waistcoat this time, I'd still made a concession to aerodynamics- I gave the beard a bit of a trim before heading out. :D (Think it was Friday, though- haring across town to The Welcome Inn [most bike-friendly pub in Dublin?])

I don't know if you noticed (I was probably just a blur :p), but I was on a new steed. I might just pluck up the courage to put it in Images of Beauty...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Old style jersey, white mtb in the park earlier coming up the hill from the gate beside Donore harriers.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Whoosh! Yes indeed. Though not in a waistcoat this time, I'd still made a concession to aerodynamics- I gave the beard a bit of a trim before heading out. :D (Think it was Friday, though- haring across town to The Welcome Inn [most bike-friendly pub in Dublin?])

I don't know if you noticed (I was probably just a blur :p), but I was on a new steed. I might just pluck up the courage to put it in Images of Beauty...

I did. Was wondering if it was new or borrowed. A fine steed it is. You should totally throw it up.

Agreed re. the Welcome. What other publican would let you wheel your bike into the pub and throw it down the back? Or leave it there overnight if you're too hammered to cycle home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

mloc123 wrote: »
    Old style jersey, white mtb in the park earlier coming up the hill from the gate beside Donore harriers.

Me. First ever time on a mountain bike so went for an experimental wander in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Spotted a Boards cyclist heading past the Glenmalure lodge earlier presumably after having cycled the Shay Elliot. Lots of other cyclists out on this great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

New style, aero bars and paniers on the clontarf cycle path about 2 hours ago maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Hermy wrote: »
    I think I spied a new Boards jersey going by the Bleeding Horse at about 1 o'clock this afternoon.

Pretty sure that was me. It was it's maiden voyage. Fits like a glove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

buffalo wrote: »
    There was a lad with me from the level crossing 'til he turned off towards Swords, said he lurks here occasionally. Hello! o/ :)

think that was me :)

Hello!

i headed off to skerries, back to swords and back out to howth, sutton fairview and then home. lovely day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Someone in a new Boards jersey came out of Willbrook Estate and passed me on Friday evening. They were riding what looked like a titanium frame, a Planet-X I think though I'm not certain.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    New style, aero bars and paniers on the clontarf cycle path about 2 hours ago maybe.
    Me dropping off the week's clothes to work.

Advertisement