Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

1. Spoke to someone in Boards jersey before start of the Orwell Randonee.
    2. Spotted a few Boardsies together before the start
    3. Girl in Boards shorts and black top ahead of me on "The Wall" (Caroline?)
    4. Brief chat with lafors at the drink stop at Luggala (nice guy)
    5. Cycled the descent from Sally Gap to Greenane with Chakattack
    6. Couple of people in the foof stop in Boards shorts and Orwell top at food stop. Sorry not to chat but I was cramping up at that stage and was honestly more interested in food and Coke.

Great day-well done Orwell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

New Kit in the Phoenix Park on Saturday. Probably niceonetom on account of the excellent pink cap. Warming up for the win on Sunday no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

brayblue24 wrote: »
    3. Girl in Boards shorts and black top ahead of me on "The Wall" (Caroline?)

I was wearing the Boards short and Black Jersey alright, and I am indeed a girl, but can't have been on the wall ... (cough*cough*I skipped it )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

I was wearing the Boards short and Black Jersey alright, and I am indeed a girl, but can't have been on the wall ... (cough*cough*I skipped it )

I was tempted to post that it couldn't have been you, but I reckoned that might not be polite! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

With hindsight it maybe was back towards the waterfall what with me being only semi concious on the wall. Sorry to have your secret revealed:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Jersey nouveau......this morning........0905.........on the psycho-path at Clontarf just west of the wooden bridge...........Howth-ward bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Saw the new Jersey on Griffith Avenue around 9ish this morning, possible same person heading to Clontarf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Me! Me!

Passed Raam followed by Jawgap about a minute later. Two waves in the same spin no less!

Edit: Ooh! Three!...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Came across my 1st ever boards jersey on the rock road this morning about 08:00. Not sure if it was a new or old type. Rider had a bit of a beard. Passed him just as the light went green at Booterstown ave but he passed me again near Merrion gates as our paths diverged..

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Came across my 1st ever boards jersey on the rock road this morning about 08:00. Not sure if it was a new or old type. Rider had a bit of a beard. Passed him just as the light went green at Booterstown ave but he passed me again near Merrion gates as our paths diverged..

That might have been me. Don't usually take my 'proper' bike to work but I'm planning on going the long way home. Were you on a Fixie with a Brooks Saddle? Was hoping you would overtake me again so I could hide from the wind :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

daragh_ wrote: »
    That might have been me. Don't usually take my 'proper' bike to work but I'm planning on going the long way home. Were you on a Fixie with a Brooks Saddle? Was hoping you would overtake me again so I could hide from the wind :D

Yes. Single speed, not fixie. On my morning commute. Cabinteely to Airport. It was windy all right but at least if it stays NW I will get home easy enough. Rock Road very quiet these days due to summer holidays and recession. Perfect for cycling..

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Rock Road very quiet these days due to summer holidays and recession. Perfect for cycling..

Wait until the kids go back to school. Will be the usual Carmageddon.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

6 pm in the P Park, heading up from Chapelizod gate to Mary's. Looked like the new jersey-one of us was going fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

New jersey at the beacon hospital sandyford at 6:30 and on stubbly face which came from goatstown and was turning right. Think you were admiring my pannier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Missed Connections

You: Looking lovely in lycra, gave me a seductive wave.
    Me: On my way to a truffle hunting session.

Unfortunately our paths differed but there was no mistaking the look in your eye. Call me and lets take up where we left off.

Ahem... px with new boards kit on the kilternan road.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

My first real life Boards Jersey sighting!!!! :)

this morning, driving to work.........at approx. 8:30.
    On a busy Common Street in the IFSC, (the road between Jury's and CitiBank).
    You were trying to sqeeze through the two lines of traffic, I was in the Black Mini Cooper (my girlfriends :o) in your way :D
    I didnt catch what bike you were on, it could have been black or dark coloured.

Anyway, stay safe.......and most importantly, stay sexy.

That was most likely my black and white Focus. That road is always jammed with car traffic in the morning, 'tis fun trying to filter! :)

PS How can I not be sexy in boards.ie gear? ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

New style kit, Camden St, this evening at 6, Trek road bike. Famous Seamus?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Aye. Probably looking miserable too...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Spotted: buffalo (I think) on the Dublin north quays about 08:35, overtaking me, wearing orwell shorts and a boards jersey.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Spotted: buffalo (I think) on the Dublin north quays about 08:35, overtaking me, wearing orwell shorts and a boards jersey.

Well identified sir! ;)

I reckon I saw Seamus in a new style jersey, hi-vis backpack, speeding away down Eden Quay around 08.30 as I waited at the junction with Lumen.

PS overtaking? I don't know if your gracious yielding counts as me overtaking. :)

I was on a mission to take advantage of the wind and post a record inward-commute time. I did. It if wasn't for the bloody traffic lights I reckon I could do the run in 20 minutes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

seamus wrote: »
    Aye. Probably looking miserable too...

I was going to give you a hearty slap on the arse as you went by, but you looked a bit grim in the rain so I decided to leave it until next time.

I look forward to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

I saw someone in a boards.ie jersey on Kimmage Road West yesterday around 5:45. Looking good, whoever you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

fasty wrote: »
    I saw someone in a boards.ie jersey on Kimmage Road West yesterday around 5:45. Looking good, whoever you are!
    Probably me - white helmet?
    Soaked to the skin at that stage! Think the rain had eased off though

joker77 wrote: »
    Probably me - white helmet?
    Soaked to the skin at that stage! Think the rain had eased off though

I think it was a white helmet. Single pannier?

I think it was a white helmet. Single pannier?
    Yep, 'twas me alright. More than halfway home (leixlip-dundrum) at that stage and the rain had eased off, so was happy enough.
    Were you on a bike? or car?

I was on a bike. A newish but very dirty Sirrus and not in proper cycling gear at all!

• Advertisement

I was on a bike. A newish but very dirty Sirrus and not in proper cycling gear at all!
    ha ha - my normal commute is 8kms - I wouldn't don the lycra for that! Once a week I've the trek to Leixlip - the pannier has a laptop, full change of clothes and a towel, so the lycra comes out for that one

Advertisement