Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

joker77 wrote: »
    ha ha - my normal commute is 8kms - I wouldn't don the lycra for that! Once a week I've the trek to Leixlip - the pannier has a laptop, full change of clothes and a towel, so the lycra comes out for that one

hmm, my commute is 4km, and I lycra up. No matter what, I'll have to change when I get to my destination, so I may as well wear cycling gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

buffalo wrote: »
    hmm, my commute is 4km, and I lycra up. No matter what, I'll have to change when I get to my destination, so I may as well wear cycling gear.
    I commute on a hybrid, and look a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

buffalo wrote: »

Cycling gear doesn't have to mean lycra. I can't think of one benefit of lycra over that distance...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Cycling gear doesn't have to mean lycra. I can't think of one benefit of lycra over that distance...

Looking awesome?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It dries quickly, so if you get wet on the way into work, it's usually dry enough to wear on your way home.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Looking awesome?

For most, no!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I can't think of one benefit of lycra over that distance...

Promoting harmony and goodwill. There is nothing like wearing lycra to bring out the best in others...

Blowfish wrote: »
    It dries quickly, so if you get wet on the way into work, it's usually dry enough to wear on your way home.

So do lots of other sweat wicking materials.

Have to agree with Bluefoam here - I feel like a bit of a tool getting all lycra'd up if I'm going to be on the bike for less than an hour.

I have a pair of baggy Altura shorts, with padding, that do the job nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Some time around 6ish this eve at Biscayne heading towards Malahide with two other people. Did the ol' finger bang :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Raam wrote: »
    Did the ol' finger bang :pac:

I don't feel so special anymore...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I don't feel so special anymore...

POW:

?ui=2&ik=b448f641da&view=att&th=12a80a6180f6fe78&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

DOUBLE FINGER BANG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Think that was me. Nice evening for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Another day, another fingerbang. Neitzschean, approaching Malahide along the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Too many to mention in Sally Gap area. I was the one running/sitting on my car recovering from running.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

Kav0777 wrote: »
    Saw a navy boards jersey on the sea front, near closed texaco in kilbarrack about 7.50 last night. As a newbie, i didn't know the proper etiquiette when sighting a jersey.
    It were I. Thanks for posting, because I had no entry in my log for that day and I would have been down 40k. 'Twas theclimber (who was with me that day) who alerted me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i drove from rosslare to dublin (and onto donegal ) saw plenty of cyclists but not a single boards jersey - disapointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Lescol and Lumen at the Etape Hibernia today.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

...and Jawgap. Nice jersey, shame mine has "vanished".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

i drove from rosslare to dublin (and onto donegal ) saw plenty of cyclists but not a single boards jersey - disapointed

Yep. Same here two weeks ago. I reckon they're all staying off the main roads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

saw a new boards jersey and shorts while waiting at the railway barriers yesterday morning in sutton around 11.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

think i saw someone in boards kit today on the old long hill, headed toward the storm i just came through, hope it had abated a bit or blew over by the time you got to it. I was the absolutly DRENCHED bloke in red on a white bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

think i saw someone in boards kit today on the old long hill, headed toward the storm i just came through, hope it had abated a bit or blew over by the time you got to it. I was the absolutly DRENCHED bloke in red on a white bike.
    That was me. It was about that point that I started to regret not bringing a rain jacket...

Saw the new jersey today, guy took the turn by Rathfarnham Church onto Willbrook Road. Jersey looked quite good in the flesh.

Edit: Just before 7pm tonight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

...............shure, it's still summer........

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

ha summer eh? i was DESTROYED this morning/afternoon! a wall of wind going west, biblical rainfall going over the gap, in drops the size of my head smashing horizontally across me from the gap to roundwood, still more rain, and wind and when i stood up my sleeves would gush out like bags of water all over the road and then suddenly beautiful sunshine all the way home via enniskerry with trails of steam flowing off me. can't beat a good oul mid week annihilation, ready for anything now

Dónal wrote: »
    Saw the new jersey today, guy took the turn by Rathfarnham Church onto Willbrook Road. Jersey looked quite good in the flesh.

Edit: Just before 7pm tonight.
    I'd say that was me - was heading up the hills for a spin. Quite chilly out there this evening, the summer seems to be over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

New jersey turning left at Joe Daly's at 0800

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

hawkwing wrote: »
    New jersey turning left at Joe Daly's at 0800

me. you were stopped at the lights? orwell kit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

kenmc wrote: »
    me. you were stopped at the lights? orwell kit?
    No in the car behind the Orwell,good guess :)

Advertisement