Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

joker77 wrote: »
    Quite chilly out there this evening, the summer seems to be over :(
    The schools are back next week, which means we're guaranteed at least two more weeks of decent sunshine.

It'll be at most 4 weeks though before I'm wearing base layers in the morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Kav0777 wrote: »
    saw a new boards jersey and shorts while waiting at the railway barriers yesterday morning in sutton around 11.00.

If there were two others in non-boards gear, then it was me. Went for my first spin up windgate (rhs at the church) - set a new personal best for going very slowly while pushing as hard as I could. 5.4kph. This easily surpasses my previous low on a very knackered climb up the last km or so of Sally Gap (8.5kph) Still - it's part of my route over Howth now. 'hoping for 6kph any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

saw one bout 430 today in baldoyle between the cross roads and turnberry. Had small bags over rear wheel. Someone sneaking off work early maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

8pm last night (26th) coming down the road towards Ballyboughal from the Nags Head direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

That would have been me.
    Mike

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Wed 25th coming north into Balbriggan opposite Wavin. Looked a bit perturbed when I waved !!

I was on my look but in civvies with a kit bag over my shoulders...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

I got a fleeting glimpse of someone yesterday - 17.30, heading west along the Luas lines by Jervis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

RobFowl wrote: »
    Wed 25th coming north into Balbriggan opposite Wavin. Looked a bit perturbed when I waved !!

I was on my look but in civvies with a kit bag over my shoulders...

Quite probably me - feeling a pi$$ed off that the wind wouldn't go and play somehwere else! All my inter-cert geography classes were about prevailing winds being from the SW - it's been all NW and NE in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Four or so boards jerseys in a group of eight or so coming down the hill into Dungarvon from the Tramore direction 4pm ish on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Saw both DirkVoodoo and Caroline_ie around the sports centre this afternoon as I was heading down to register. I didn't want to roar, but did a couple of little waves that were missed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MarkG1975

saw one rolling into the finish at the Cooley Thriller saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

That twas me, jebus I was fu€{ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

neris wrote: »
    saw one bout 430 today in baldoyle between the cross roads and turnberry. Had small bags over rear wheel. Someone sneaking off work early maybe

Prolly me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

saw loads today in Waterford, good showing of Boards gear:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Inquitus wrote: »
    Four or so boards jerseys in a group of eight or so coming down the hill into Dungarvon from the Tramore direction 4pm ish on Saturday.

That was team & crew boards.ie wheelworkx ! Dirkvoodoo, Raam, and me in boards gear, niceonetom in Orwell gear and LDB in her bike pure kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Blowfish wrote: »
    That was me. It was about that point that I started to regret not bringing a rain jacket...

Or was it? Perhaps a bizarre coincidence but I also went up Old Long Hill at about 1.00pm in full (old) Boards kit on said day and I passed/nodded at a red-clad cyclist on a white bike, minutes before getting a soaking on the way into Laragh. This was later compensated for by a fantastic Rathnew to Rathdrum section: favorable wind, sun and excellent road surface. Absolutely flew along.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

rflynnr wrote: »
    Or was it? Perhaps a bizarre coincidence but I also went up Old Long Hill at about 1.00pm in full (old) Boards kit on said day and I passed/nodded at a red-clad cyclist on a white bike, minutes before getting a soaking on the way into Laragh. This was later compensated for by a fantastic Rathnew to Rathdrum section: favorable wind, sun and excellent road surface. Absolutely flew along.
    Actually, it was definitely yourself if it was around that time. I would have been around later on in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

mutual sighting with seamus at tempelogue rathfarnham junction

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

...And then on the far side of the village I spotted someone going north from Templeogue bridge, full gear, old style.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

Seen on 29th August at the 'Lap the Lough' (Lough Neagh in da Narth)

Seen when leaving Antrim town, around 60miles round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

just moved into a new house last night!! looked out the window just now and a guy across the road was wearing a boards jersey!! has a blue volkswagon beetle parked nearby, you'll know if its you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Seen on 29th August at the 'Lap the Lough' (Lough Neagh in da Narth)

Seen when leaving Antrim town, around 60miles round

me me me if it was full new kit - didn't see any othe boardsie that day. That very strong wind in my face for over two hours at the start was more than made up for by a great group from RoeValley cc who dragged me home at a great pace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Paulyh wrote: »
    just moved into a new house last night!! looked out the window just now and a guy across the road was wearing a boards jersey!! has a blue volkswagon beetle parked nearby, you'll know if its you ;)

think that may be me. clontarf area?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

snollup wrote: »
    think that may be me. clontarf area?

mwhaha and now somebody knows where you live :pac:

yes indeed :)
    just moved into no. 51 across the road from you.
    Spent the day unpacking and sorting through crap.....and of course, looking out the window.

yes indeed :)
    just moved into no. 51 across the road from you.
    Spent the day unpacking and sorting through crap.....and of course, looking out the window.

small world!
    great place to live.

snollup wrote: »
    small world!
    great place to live.

just moved from the coast road near the Food Room, so didnt move too far.

just moved from the coast road near the Food Room, so didnt move too far.

no need to say welcome to the neighborhood then!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Saw a new jersey at the bottom of Lesson Steet this evening at around 6.20, on a white Trek i think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Park 645pm
    White and black Trek.

Advertisement