Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

snollup wrote: »
    no need to say welcome to the neighborhood then!

i suppose not, but its nice to feel welcomed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Paulyh wrote: »
    i suppose not, but its nice to feel welcomed :D

Sorry Paulyh, your very welcome. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

keenan110 wrote: »
    Saw a new jersey at the bottom of Lesson Steet this evening at around 6.20, on a white Trek i think!
    Probably me. (Was it more like 6:30?)
    ROK ON wrote: »
    Park 645pm
    White and black Trek.
    Again, probably me too. Were you one of the two road bikers at the conygham road entrance standing beside the bike rental place?

Cool, twice in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Saw a Boards.ie this afternoon coming down the Ballydehob road from the Bantry side, eating a bar/gel. I was driving a small silver car with my steed on the roof. I gave a 'shave and a haircut bib' and a wave but not sure if I was noticed.

Are there any Boards.ies down this far?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Passed a Boardsie at 12.15 today heading up towards Glencree as I was heading down. I gave a shout as I passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

Saw a Boards.ie this afternoon coming down the Ballydehob road from the Bantry side, eating a bar/gel. I was driving a small silver car with my steed on the roof. I gave a 'shave and a haircut bib' and a wave but not sure if I was noticed.

Are there any Boards.ies down this far?

That was me struggling to consume a bar before the mountain (bump on the road) between Bantry and Ballydehob removed my will to live. I remember the 'shave and a haircut bib' alright as it left me thinking "Gee that was enthusiastic...but I don't know anyone who drives that type car". It took a few minutes to remember that I was wearing my boards jersey. I was only glad you saw me then and not 10 minutes later when I had drool hanging from my chin and was swerving all over the road going up that "climb".

Originally from Skibb but only around every few weekends now. Was trying to get the miles in before the Rebel tour next Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

LastGasp wrote: »
    Passed a Boardsie at 12.15 today heading up towards Glencree as I was heading down. I gave a shout as I passed.

That was you? Never would have guessed. I was seriously underdressed but was quite warm until I hit the drizzle. Thought I'd never get to Laragh, but got 120k in anyway. See you on the Dying Sow!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Spotted today at 610 on High Street heading west from Christchurch towards the Bridgefoot Street and the Quays. New jersey, road bike with tasteful mudguards and an orange parachute which may have been doubling as a bag cover.

rughdh wrote: »
    That was you? Never would have guessed. I was seriously underdressed but was quite warm until I hit the drizzle. Thought I'd never get to Laragh, but got 120k in anyway. See you on the Dying Sow!
    I only managed about 85k myself, and I've hardly been on the bike for the last month, with holidays, work etc. I need to get a few more spins in, or I'm not sure I'll survive the 300 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Yesterday. 6pm ish.
    Harolds X Bridge heading south.
    Old style jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

New jersey breaking red pedestrian light this morning between walkinstown roundabout and long mile road.
    Was also chatting to LastGasp (also in a new jersey) just before, and shortly after, the above ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Fairview this morning about 0930. I think it was Needmoregears in a classic jersey on a white specialized. Wave and a nod...

kenmc wrote: »
    New jersey breaking red pedestrian light this morning between walkinstown roundabout and long mile road.
    Was also chatting to LastGasp (also in a new jersey) just before, and shortly after, the above ;)
    Ahem... In his defence, there were no pedestrians within 100yds of those lights when that Boardsie went through them (very carefully) !

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ROK ON wrote: »
    Yesterday. 6pm ish.
    Harolds X Bridge heading south.
    Old style jersey.
    Probably me, about 30 seconds after I saw some other guy nearly get squished.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

100Suns wrote: »
    Spotted today at 610 on High Street heading west from Christchurch towards the Bridgefoot Street and the Quays. New jersey, road bike with tasteful mudguards and an orange parachute which may have been doubling as a bag cover.

They are rather tasteful, aren't they.
    The parachute is really annoying, not only is it raining, but I'm being chased by an orange monster who's slowing me down.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Fairview this morning about 0930. I think it was Needmoregears in a classic jersey on a white specialized. Wave and a nod...

was that yourself turning right at the light in fairview to head up the malahide rode in new boards kit?

Yep, that was me. I take it it was you in the old-style then?

Yep, was heading out towards the Wicklow mountains.

Red Felt btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

@cdaly/@snollup I was on Fairview this morning for the first time in years - but not at 0930 (more like 0815). New jersey/giant scr 4. Came in the Malahide road just to see what it was like. Too much noise and traffic - will stick to the coast from now on even though its longer.

snollup wrote: »
    Red Felt btw.

<me heads off to work on his bike recognition skills>...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

LastGasp wrote: »
    Ahem... In his defence, there were no pedestrians within 100yds of those lights when that Boardsie went through them (very carefully) !
    Aye well that's true. And also in his defence, he had a look around behind him to make sure there were no copcars waiting to pull him over for breaking them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

kenmc wrote: »
    Aye well that's true. And also in his defence, he had a look around behind him to make sure there were no copcars waiting to pull him over for breaking them :D

tut tut ;)

@brayblue24: Do you know my sister at all? She's a sergeant in Bray...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

@brayblue24: Do you know my sister at all? She's a sergeant in Bray...

not based there myself but send a PM with her name as it's more possible I know her than the young 'uns

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kemase

@cdaly/@snollup I was on Fairview this morning for the first time in years - but not at 0930 (more like 0815). New jersey/giant scr 4. Came in the Malahide road just to see what it was like. Too much noise and traffic - will stick to the coast from now on even though its longer.

I haven't cycled the Malahide Road in well over a year. Coast Rd far less stressful, except for the seemingly permanent headwind going home past Clontarf.

Yer just going too fast...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

kemase wrote: »
    I haven't cycled the Malahide Road in well over a year. Coast Rd far less stressful, except for the seemingly permanent headwind going home past Clontarf.

heading towards town the malahide road isn't too bad, just have to be will to take lane/not use cycle lanes and go fast... i use it on and off regularly enough when i'm out that way....

Yer just going too fast...

Sorry, what was I thinking. It's not possible to go too fast on the bike...

Sorry, what was I thinking. It's not possible to go too fast on the bike...

As you will see later going too fast is not really my thing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Hossbox

New jersey around 8:45 this morning.
    On St Peters road heading towards the Walkinstown roundabout.

Advertisement