Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

This evening at 17:50 coming over the bridge southbound by the IFSC on a blue and black Trek. Along the quays then and onto Dame St abiding by the ROTR and stopping at all traffic lights. A dublin bus on college green/dame st pulled out in front of him also pushing him further into the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Hossbox wrote: »
    New jersey around 8:45 this morning.
    On St Peters road heading towards the Walkinstown roundabout.
    Me, I'd say. Late for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

seen a boardsie at about 8:08 this morning under the dundrum luas bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Not wearing his "badge of office" - but ran into Beasty this morning on the Swords by-pass.

Do you get double points for spotting a mod?:)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, so I've been spotted 3 time this week. On none of these occasions, was I wearing the jersey, because of the weather. However, since I got the boards jersey, I have probably worn it on 80-90% of my commutes, and no-one has spotted it. What is it with the jersey? Does it make me invisible. In fact, all it seems to do is make me a target of irate motorists, who are desperate to get past me, even when I'm hitting the 50 kph speed limit myself, and there are cars coming in the other direction. Indeed this is an issue with the jersey - particularly if it's personalised - disgruntled drivers can come on here and track you down (white Transit man, you know who you are!)

Roll on Halloween when hopefully a bit of sense returns to the roads.

In the meantime, I'll give you a special mod concession Jawgap, if for any reason I need to ban you I'll just use the stick, rather than the hammer (which is much harder and lasts a lot longer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Jawgap wrote: »
    but ran into Beasty this morning on the Swords by-pass.

Hope you picked him up and dusted him off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Hope you picked him up and dusted him off...

Nope - reversed back over him to make sure I'd done the job properly!!:)

stas wrote: »
    seen a boardsie at about 8:08 this morning under the dundrum luas bridge.
    Me again. Were you on a bike heading straight into town ? There were a few at the lights.

LastGasp wrote: »
    Me again. Were you on a bike heading straight into town ? There were a few at the lights.

ah no, i was turning right from dundrum to climb up the taney road, with my kid in a kiddie sit, cycling her to school. i'm normally using the pedestrian crossing there (oh noes!), which is most convenient all things considered. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

11am. this morning. Mount Street going towards Merrion Square. Let a roar but he didn't hear me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Planet X wrote: »
    11am. this morning. Mount Street going towards Merrion Square. Let a roar but he didn't hear me.

New jersey? Then it was me. Was late
    for something.... sorry I didn't hear you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Zorba was with me in a big bunch coming down Embankment in the West Wicklow 100.

Also saw a boards jersey as we were coming out of Rathcoole, I gave him a big wave, but couldn't say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Seen a couple in Ashford (Wicklow) about 9:45 - I was about 9k into 21k run - they didn't seem to keen to acknowledge the running species.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

boardsie spotted today cycling by balinastoe woods in wicklow about 10 oclock. I was unloading the mountain bikes as he went by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

davey101 wrote: »
    boardsie spotted today cycling by balinastoe woods in wicklow about 10 oclock. I was unloading the mountain bikes as he went by.

More than likely Captain Havoc, bumped into him at one of the food/drink stops on the Bray Wheelers spin today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

You see Beasty, I spend a morning up the big smoke and I get three sightings. What you need to do is cycle at a speed where people can make out the jersey as opposed to just a blur whizzing by.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

You see Beasty, I spend a morning up the big smoke and I get three sightings. What you need to do is cycle at a speed where people can make out the jersey as opposed to just a blur whizzing by.
    It couldn't be you in balinastoe, we didn't go through there :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

AstraMonti wrote: »
    It couldn't be you in balinastoe, we didn't go through there :p

It could have been me, I was a bit all over the place today :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Had headed off for normal spin to Laragh & Sally Gap, but realised I had no puncture stuff as I had taken off big commuter bag, and forgot to put on the small weekend one, so I thought I would stay closer to the towns just in case. Heading down N11 past Bray South at leisurely pace, bumped into AstraMonti, Limestone1, Captain Havoc and the Captains Mate as they headed off on the Joe Loughman Randonee. Kept the guys company until Ashford where they turned right, and I went on to Wicklow, and back the Coast Road. Sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing, sounds like a good day was had.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Nice to meet Bequick at the tea stop in Dunlavin on the West Wicklow 100 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Spotted this morning in the ridiculous queue to get into Aldi on Parnell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

cosmic wrote: »
    Spotted this morning in the ridiculous queue to get into Aldi on Parnell Street.
    twas me and was indeed a ridiculous queue to aldi, but i made it in and am now the proud owner of an aldi cycling jacket (quite good i must admit)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

funkyjebus wrote: »
    twas me and was indeed a ridiculous queue to aldi, but i made it in and am now the proud owner of an aldi cycling jacket (quite good i must admit)

Hello! :)

Well done! All I got was a load of elbows and a cut finger :( Oh, and gloves and reflective strips (I love those strips!).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen one (new) yesterday at the crossroads crossing the canal heading onto Merrion Road, tried to shout but my voice is slightly gone, think you may have heard me, guy in the green giving the really camp wave. Around 19:10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

CramCycle wrote: »
    Seen one (new) yesterday at the crossroads crossing the canal heading onto Merrion Road, tried to shout but my voice is slightly gone, think you may have heard me, guy in the green giving the really camp wave. Around 19:10.

You look different without a lab coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Spotted heading south onto the Samuel Beckett Bridge yesterday at about 16.45.

Gave a yell, got a wave....

Spotted three jerseys at Leinster Loop this Sunday. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Spotted someone wearing one on georges st. at 6. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Coming through the IFSC at 16.45, a bearded boardsie. :) I know someone said they worked nearby with Séamus... ? My reflexes were not quick enough to spot, recognise and acknowledge you before you were gone, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

just saw the 1 at the leinster loop. the old jersey

Advertisement