Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No boards jersey but just saw Beasty tearing into Balbriggan (still in shorts too...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Spotted Raam as he hit the brakes beside me and slowed for a chat. He had managed to spot my boards bib shorts under my red winter top and day glo rucksack. Nice chat for a few km before going separate ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

old school jacket at carpark of ballinastoe 12.30 ish.
    also boards.ie sticker on back of Orange estate car with "caution cyclists" on the back, bout stepaside @ 12:55

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

kenmc wrote: »
    Orange estate car

Oi! It's not bleedin orange, it's red!! :D

I was past you by the time I notoced the boards kit. The stickers are from RAI, they're staying on until I get it valeted next week, took one off and the sticky patch it left is a total dirt magnet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

jeffontour wrote: »

I was past you by the time I notoced the boards kit. The stickers are from RAI, they're staying on until I get it valeted next week, took one off and the sticky patch it left is a total dirt magnet!
    yeah you'd want to get it cleaned quickly, looks orange with all the dirt on it :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

jeffontour wrote: »

Haha, you have an orange car!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

1 today on swords cycle jersey n shortss

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Raam wrote: »
    Haha, you have an orange car!

Shut it or you'll never get another lift! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

neris wrote: »
    1 today on swords cycle jersey n shortss

Must be me, I think I was the only Boards attired rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

kenmc wrote: »
    old school jacket at carpark of ballinastoe 12.30 ish.

That was me - the new jersey really stands out on a sunny day like today a bit like a glowing pink glowing thing among the suddenly very drab looking Orwell kit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

this morning, rathgar around 8.10 jersey and shorts on blue planet x.
    nice bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

I've had two sightings in the last few days: this morning and last Friday.

Last Friday's sighting was at 3.45 pm on the cycle path in Clontarf. I was driving by with a bike on the back of the car. I gave a friendly beep of the horn. I think it was a Boards gilet you were wearing.

This morning was at the traffic lights on the junction of Griffith Avenue and Mobhi Road. I was in the car again, with the bike on the back again, dropping my son up to his granny's. I beeped and give a thumbs up. If I was thinking straight, I would have finger banged...

hmmm--in my car for both sightings...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

That was me this morning. Makes a change to be beeped at not in anger... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

cdaly_ wrote: »
    That was me this morning. Makes a change to be beeped at not in anger... ;)

I was thinking it might be you.

And still in shorts and jersey. Did it not feel a bit brisk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Fingers a bit chilly and I reckon it'll be tights soon enough but mostly no prob.

G rock wrote: »
    this morning, rathgar around 8.10 jersey and shorts on blue planet x.
    nice bike!

Thanks, that'd be me.

Saw irishmotorist for the second time in a few days today too, no boards jersey though!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kemase

I've had two sightings in the last few days: this morning and last Friday.

Last Friday's sighting was at 3.45 pm on the cycle path in Clontarf. I was driving by with a bike on the back of the car. I gave a friendly beep of the horn. I think it was a Boards gilet you were wearing.

This morning was at the traffic lights on the junction of Griffith Avenue and Mobhi Road. I was in the car again, with the bike on the back again, dropping my son up to his granny's. I beeped and give a thumbs up. If I was thinking straight, I would have finger banged...

hmmm--in my car for both sightings...

That was me in Clontarf, skiving off early. Heard the beep which did sound friendly and reckoned it was the bike-laden car. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Plastik

Wicklow - Newcastle to Kilcoole road this morning about 9.15, new kit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Lumen senior and junior on a charity cycle in Clonsilla.
    Fair play to the young 'un, the boy dun good.
    Was Daddy being overly competitive when he broke a pedal at the sprint finish? :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Plastik wrote: »
    Wicklow - Newcastle to Kilcoole road this morning about 9.15, new kit :)

Was down around Kilcoole about after 10'ish......in a bunch of about 10 riders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

jimm wrote: »
    Lumen senior and junior on a charity cycle in Clonsilla.
    Fair play to the young 'un, the boy dun good.
    Was Daddy being overly competitive when he broke a pedal at the sprint finish? :D

Nicely organised by the vets too. There are few enough opportunities for a five year old to ride in a group with marshalls, a team car and a motorbike outrider :D.

Lumen Jnr described it as the best day of his life. Ah, bless.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

He was sprinting against small children?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

el tonto wrote: »
    He was sprinting against small children?

Too right I was. You have to take the easy victories.

Stupid Time cleat snapped as I attempted to dismount. Very embarrassing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Plastik

Planet X wrote: »
    Was down around Kilcoole about after 10'ish......in a bunch of about 10 riders?

Was just with one other when I passed heading for Newcastle. Was too late to give a friendly beep :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Plastik wrote: »
    Was just with one other when I passed heading for Newcastle. Was too late to give a friendly beep :rolleyes:

'Twas I. Boards training jacket (just a full zip jersey in reality) freshly picked up from Joe. Did about 80k starting and finishing in Stepaside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Around 1:30PM Saturday turning left towards Con Colbert Road from the South Circular road.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

anyone around 10.50 this morning between Maynooth and Dunboyne?? Was coming round a bend so no time to peep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Old jersey on merrion road just south of the gates at a pedestrian crossing at about 6 this evening. I said a quick hi as I ran past.

Old jersey on merrion road just south of the gates at a pedestrian crossing at about 6 this evening. I said a quick hi as I ran past.

That was me, thanks for the hearty boardsie call!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

RobFowl wrote: »
    No boards jersey but just saw Beasty tearing into Balbriggan (still in shorts too...)

I'm still wearing shorts for both cycling and running at this time of year, :)

Advertisement