Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭vertigo1976

This morning at 0930 turning off Arran Quay onto Lower Bridge St, S/S jersey on a white alloy Trek. Hope he didnt get caught in the heavy shower about 10 mins later!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Saw a new style gillet on Commons Street this morning. Were you trying to throw people off the scent by not being on a bike? :P I saw you! Hello again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Tallaght village yesterday around 1:30 pm, at the junction of Main Street and the Old Blessington Road, just south of IT Tallaght.

I was upstairs on the 65B (so no wave, no beep), you were on the road in your jersey (new design). Didn't see the bike, but I'm pretty sure I saw a bar bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

A pre-boards jersey sighting this morning. Met RT66 on the coast at Sutton this morning. Grand chat all the way to fairview...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

cdaly_ wrote: »
    A pre-boards jersey sighting this morning. Met RT66 on the coast at Sutton this morning. Grand chat all the way to fairview...

Nice meeting you! Hoping to join the club in the not-too-distant future.. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

I spotted a new boards jersey yesterday evening around 8.30, heading towards Ballsbridge along Shelbourne Road, just past Slattery's pub. The rider was on what looked like a touring bike, wearing 3/4 length jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

lukester wrote: »
    I spotted a new boards jersey yesterday evening around 8.30, heading towards Ballsbridge along Shelbourne Road, just past Slattery's pub. The rider was on what looked like a touring bike, and 3/4 length jeans.
    You should have confiscated the jersey in that case! There's no excuse for that sort of behaviour on a bike. edit. or off a bike come to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I spotted a new boards jersey yesterday evening around 8.30, heading towards Ballsbridge along Shelbourne Road, just past Slattery's pub. The rider was on what looked like a touring bike, wearing 3/4 length jeans.

That was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Cool, where'd you get those 3/4 lengths?

The 80's, I'd imagine..

• Advertisement

I seen a lad in a Boards jersey with them, so I mugged him and took them. And his jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Raam wrote: »
    I seen a lad in a Boards jersey with them, so I mugged him and took them. And his jersey.

What did you do with his bike?

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    What did you do with his bike?

I sold it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

That was me.

And you wonder why people think you play for the away team!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

They were rolled up very smartly, I know, I was wearing them. I was heading home from work, the bike was a charge juicer with a handlebar bag on it?
    That was me.

Shenanigans

I was wondering how I woke up in this state :( Wouldn't be the first time, won't be resting on the saddle today.

Eh, don't be trying to steal my sighting.

Eh, don't be trying to steal my sighting.

Don't try and steal my jeans :mad:

pedal_pushers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

RT66 wrote: »
    pedal_pushers.jpg

Seriously lads. Beatings deserved for wearing that!

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Seriously lads. Beatings deserved for wearing that!

I swear they were just rolled up but if it was actually 3/4s then RAAM can have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

I had my first non-sportive-related Boards Jersey sighting yesterday, turning onto Knocklyon Road just before 6pm......

....and ten minutes later I had my second! Someone heading out of town up Kimmage Road.

That's it isn't it? I'm just supposed to mention seeing you, job done, yeah?

Oh, and you both looked very chic, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Windgates today at 12.45-Daragh maybe? I was going up as you were flying down. Very generous wave I must add-can only presume you're not a member of Orwell Wheelers:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Windgates today at 12.45-Daragh maybe? I was going up as you were flying down. Very generous wave I must add-can only presume you're not a member of Orwell Wheelers:D:D

Not me, I'm on childminding duties. Plastik or Cookie Monster maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

daragh_ wrote: »
    Not me, I'm on childminding duties. Plastik or Cookie Monster maybe.

or come to think of it possibly Dead Ed on a bit of a tour

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

On the Waterford ring road at 11.50 today, i was on the way home from a spin, reckon they were on the way out - shouted "Boardsie" across the central reservation anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭selana

Passed someone on Howth road today. Flying along as I was struggling with the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Johnners1878

Last night (Saturday), 7.30pm, my first Boardsie sighting. On the N4, heading East at Lough Ouwell, Mullingar. Gave him a toot of the horn and a thumbs-up. He was travelling solo, moving nicely, didn't get to spec the bike as I was travelling fastish in the opposite direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

aquanaut wrote: »
    On the Waterford ring road at 11.50 today, i was on the way home from a spin, reckon they were on the way out - shouted "Boardsie" across the central reservation anyway

Hey there - I was a bit zoned out and didn't hear the shout, would have been a bit friendlier if i did! That and my neck was nearly sore giving people the nod, good weather really brings everyone out on the bike.

Advertisement