Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

trad wrote: »
    On mature reflection it was around 8 pm.

guess it was me so :D

PS I'm going to pre-empt Cormie spotting me today, he beeped as he passed in his Van Tasks.ie van in Blackrock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

First time I've seen one today! About 2/3 of the way up the climb from Sutton to Howth I saw someone going down the way. Lots of hair(I think). Around half twelve.
    I was probably purple faced at this stage, on a black Cube, (new)Black Sky shorts, Blue top with black arm warmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This thread is going to become very quiet when Cookie Monster departs for NZ. :D

First time I've seen one today! About 2/3 of the way up the climb from Sutton to Howth I saw someone going down the way. Lots of hair(I think). Around half twelve.
    I was probably purple faced at this stage, on a black Cube, (new)Black Sky shorts, Blue top with black arm warmers.
    me again :), I'm sure I "waved" (lifted hand off bars at you :p:D)
    seamus wrote: »
    This thread is going to become very quiet when Cookie Monster departs for NZ. :D
    3 days in a row now, I wonder who'll spot me later today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

me again :), I'm sure I "waved" (lifted hand off bars at you :p:D)

3 days in a row now, I wonder who'll spot me later today :D

Do you not wash your gear???:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I wore a boards jersey once a few years back. Passed a pub on the way home from work. A bloke outside threw a beer bottle at me after shouting - wanker.
    Needless to say I have not worn that jersey ever since nor will I.

Just thought I would share that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Did you fail to wave at him or something?

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Do you not wash your gear???:pac:

I've more than one shirt;)

but all my other gear is packed away now so I only have boards jersey to choose from for the rest of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Say boards jersey at GFW today, i said "nice jersey" as i passed you on CP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I met someone in the new jersey approaching the Bottle Tower yesterday evening. I think he said he was DRock, but I could be mistaken!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

ROK ON wrote: »
    A bloke outside threw a beer bottle at me after shouting - wanker

Are you sure he didn't shout "bike wanker"

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

I met someone in the new jersey approaching the Bottle Tower yesterday evening. I think he said he was DRock, but I could be mistaken!

Twas I! Was planning on going for a longish post work spin but got beaten by the wind.

sorry if I held you up along the church town road, you just breezed past me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I spotted a new jersey going through Ashbourne just after 4 today. Didn't have time to give a beep.

Just realised the time, it was yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

G rock wrote: »
    Twas I! Was planning on going for a longish post work spin but got beaten by the wind.

sorry if I held you up along the church town road, you just breezed past me!

I wouldn't call it breezing past you :) I saw you ahead and eventually caught up with you at the lights in Dundrum. I hate being sneakily drafted so after I got behind you, I just went around to take my turn as soon as traffic allowed.

It was a funny cycle home cos my rear derailleur cable snapped earlier on so I was stuck with 3 gears for the cycle home. It actually worked out well for me, time-wise and effort-wise (apart from the cross chaining).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

A boardsie passed me on the road climb in "Da Cooley Thriller" yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I was out with the DublinSocialCycleGroup on Wednesday and spotted someone flying through Terenure at 20:15. Think it was a new kit but all I saw was a blur of black with splashes of pink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Vélo wrote: »
    I spotted a new jersey going through Ashbourne just after 4 today. Didn't have time to give a beep.

Just realised the time, it was yesterday
    That was me :) First time out in the jersey, even though I have it over a year. Got rained upon for about 20km, so I think it's well and truly christened now.

I kept thinking "don't do anything stupid - that'll be the time you get spotted by another boardsie!" Ashbourne was the tail end of my spin, so I was probably too tired to do something stupid by then.

Thumbs up from Seamus at the lights at the junction of Harrington Street & Harcourt Road this morning at around 0805.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Old jersey at the bottom of hill at the Sutton side of Howth on Sunday morning, about 10.15.

You were on your phone and looked pretty confused when yelled hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

StudentC wrote: »
    Old jersey at the bottom of hill at the Sutton side of Howth on Sunday morning, about 10.15.

You were on your phone and looked pretty confused when yelled hello!

'think I was trying chew an entire pack of Jelly Tots at the time - not necessarily a good idea. More gnashing than confusion really. In case you didn't see the wave, hello again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrick151

Seen a black and pink jersey today, about 5:40, turning onto cork street. Sky shorts, what looked like a Cube attempt but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

patrick151 wrote: »
    Seen a black and pink jersey today, about 5:40, turning onto cork street. Sky shorts, what looked like a Cube attempt but I could be wrong

mise, and correct 2010 model good eye

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

17:40 this evening, Cuffe street westbound. Old jersey, red scarf, no helmet, black bike. Looking distinctly hipsterish. My gut says it was Dirk.

17:40 this evening, Cuffe street westbound. Old jersey, red scarf, no helmet, black bike. Looking distinctly hipsterish. My gut says it was Dirk.

No idea but I spotted yourself shortly after going over the rathmines bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

It's not a red scarf, it's a spiderman buff. Gawd!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

spotted new jersey on way down cruagh, he was on his way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Saw someone in the old shorts heading out the N4 (around Islandbridge) at about 19:15 on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Malahide 13:00 Saturday opposite the tennis club, heading towards Malahide - new gear.

At the Sean Kelly today, met a heap of boardsies Jimm & Inquitus plus one other (sorry - head like a sieve) in full new gear (same as myself).Several more incognito - Captain Havoc, The Bouldwhacker, Sister Assumpta, XZ... Apologies if I left anyone out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

2 Reports from Lap the Lough......

1. New top and FDJ shorts going through Portadown - shouted, but not sure if you heard me.

2. New top and shorts at the lunch stop in Shane's Castle and again at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭dare2be

Jawgap wrote: »
    2 Reports from Lap the Lough......

1. New top and FDJ shorts going through Portadown - shouted, but not sure if you heard me.

2. New top and shorts at the lunch stop in Shane's Castle and again at the end.

That was probably me at Shanes Castle!!

Advertisement