Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

ciotog wrote: »
    I don't do awesome on my cycle I'm afraid.....

You do now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Just saw someone in pink and black jersey at the crossroads of Cork st. and SCR heading towards Crumlin, didnt want to shout and scare the bejaysus out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Holyboy wrote: »
    Just saw someone in pink and black jersey at the crossroads of Cork st. and SCR heading towards Crumlin, didnt want to shout and scare the bejaysus out of them.

that be me on commute home

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

full kit with specs on a blue frame heading down howth hill from summit towards sutton this evening about 430-440.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Spotted someone on the way up to the Sally Gap around 10.15. Might have been gOg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

daragh_ wrote: »
    Spotted someone on the way up to the Sally Gap around 10.15. Might have been gOg.
    Yep 'twas me - beat me to it - I was seriously suffering all morning with a bl00dy headwind the whole way from Rathfarnham to Sally Gap (and a lack of fitness!). Will be feeling this one tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

neris wrote: »
    full kit with specs on a blue frame heading down howth hill from summit towards sutton this evening about 430-440.

My money is on DirkVoodoo.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My money is on DirkVoodoo.....

I was out in Howth alright but I don't have full kit, I left my "specs" at home, I arrived home before 2pm and I would really hope that there would be a little more awe in any sightings of me. Like, beams of light shooting out of me and I wouldn't be riding a bike, I'd be atop a Unicorn riding a rainbow...

But yeah, it wasn't me.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

New LS jersey and shorts heading from carrigaline to airport hill this morning.
    I beeped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

neris wrote: »
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    .... I would really hope that there would be a little more awe in any sightings of me....

Twas me I'd say - no awe required.

Had been hoping for sub-10 on the way up only to read 10:00 exactly. Subequent attempts a bit slower again.

'met Cycle43 en famille tucking into some large ice creams at the shop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Saw one of a pair of riders in new boards gear on Saturday, coming from Johnnie Foxes direction towards Cruagh. Great day out spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

I was out in Howth alright but I don't have full kit, I left my "specs" at home, I arrived home before 2pm and I would really hope that there would be a little more awe in any sightings of me. Like, beams of light shooting out of me and I wouldn't be riding a bike, I'd be atop a Unicorn riding a rainbow...

But yeah, it wasn't me.

A spectacle-wearing Dirk-doppelgänger!!!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Virk Doodoo

Time to change my name, but to what?

Hmmm...it seems "El Tonto" is free. Anyone else go by that name? No, didn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Heading east down the quays past the four courts at about 9:10 this morning. Looking very slick on a black singlespeed(?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Outside the Hippy Cafe in Laragh today about 1:45. Spoke briefly with your companion who complained that you were pushing him too hard:pac:. Cracking day but that wind was something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭mvt

He complains about everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

gavin spotted this morning on his lovely shiny new commuter along the canal!

i was on the brown single speed version of yours, gave you the nod

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

A brace this morning.

New jersey, 8.45 this morning turning from the Kilbarrack Road onto the coast ahead of me, and he was gone. Then c_daly half an hour later as I was coming back the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

G rock wrote: »
    gavin spotted this morning on his lovely shiny new commuter along the canal!

i was on the brown single speed version of yours, gave you the nod

Argh, missed that ! I'll keep a weather eye out from now on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Lady NeedMoreGears spotted a new jersey on yellow bike going through Portmarnock around 1330ish

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Lady NeedMoreGears spotted a new jersey on yellow bike going through Portmarnock around 1330ish
    That was me. I'd a nice spin out to the coast, but the head wind back home wasn't much fun. The sea looked lovely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Saw seamus out on the orwell spin on sunday, also met Dirk (I think, it was loud in cafe:o) and Macken04. Great spin realy enjoyed, think I'll have to join now.

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Saw seamus out on the orwell spin on sunday, also met Dirk (I think, it was loud in cafe:o) and Macken04. Great spin realy enjoyed, think I'll have to join now.

That was me. Was talking to macken too. I was at the back of the group when you guys introduced yourselves to each other. It was like something out of sleepless in Seattle or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

funkyjebus wrote: »
    orwell - spin cafe:o) and Macken04. Great spin realy enjoyed, think I'll have to join now.
    Orwell ? cafe ?? What's going on ? I'll have to tell Dave. I was looking forward to stopping at the Hippy Cafe on Sunday for a couple of hours, but just as I arrived a Minibus towing a trailer load of MTB's had just finished unloading about 20 passengers. Feck it, can't wait for all them ! Stopped in a cafe in Roundwood instead, but it wasn't the same at all at all.

p.s. I was looking forward to it for a couple of hours. I wasn't going to stop for a couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

20.30 Shanganagh Road heading into Shankill 2 riders one in a Boards jersey and a bright tail lamp

trad wrote: »
    20.30 Shanganagh Road heading into Shankill 2 riders one in a Boards jersey and a bright tail lamp

Can I quote you on that? I had a run in with a driver in Clonskeagh, he cut across me, I asked him why he didn't yield to the cycle lane and he said, and I am not making this up:

"And you expect me to see you with that little light?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

"And you expect me to see you with that little light?"

So he did in fact see the light?

I remember a co worker (I think people used to call him Buck Rogers or Slow Roger on the boards spins) once telling me how a driver pulled him over for not wearing hi vis and that he couldn't see him, and he asked how he knew he was there, the driver pointed out the lights :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Dirk, it certainly seemed bright to me, very intense non flashing. Mind you it was a dark stretch of road. I gave you a double tap of the horn as you waved me by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Saw new jersey this evening out side the mason hayes & curran offices on Barrow Street in Dublin. Was doing somthing with his bag then cycled off before nearly getting milled out of it by a taxi

Advertisement