Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

That was me! I did see you but was gasping for air at the time.. That hill kills me

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

furiousox wrote: »
    I was in a white van and beeped, don't think you saw me.

:eek: Typical WVM behaviour! Hooting at cyclists and then claiming that the cyclist was at fault for not seeing them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭sled driver

New jersey, passing Howl at the Moon @ 8.50a.m this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

New jersey, passing Howl at the Moon @ 8.50a.m this morning.
    There's a Howl at the Moon in NJ :confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Old jersey out around Ladychapel and Donadea this morning, think you may have gotten stuck behind a rather large group (60+) we had out training for Maynooth Students for Charity

• Advertisement

There's a Howl at the Moon in NJ :confused::eek:

No amphibology here.

There's a very succinct difference between New jersey and New Jersey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

No amphibology here.

There's a very succinct difference between New jersey and New Jersey :D

Succinct?

So there's a terse or concise difference? Each to their own. I'd have gone for distinct.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I saw a new Jersey in BeeCycles yesterday. Holyboy wasn't wearing it. (He was too busy laughing at the state of my chain).
    I also met Crow92 and his spectacular roadrash.

• Advertisement

RT66 wrote: »
    So there's a terse or concise difference? Each to their own. I'd have gone for distinct.
    :)

Touche
    Sorry, Touché. Seeing as the linguistic semantics police are out in force :D

Touche
    Sorry, Touché. Seeing as the linguistic semantics police are out in force :D

Sorry about that! :o No doubt I'm setting myself up for a fall in the future. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Saw new jersey on Blackrock Bypass this morning - owner demonstrating one of the difficulties with fixies in traffic:D

Saw new jersey on Blackrock Bypass this morning - owner demonstrating one of the difficulties with fixies in traffic:D

Might have been me. Were you there for my epic altercation with the angry young chap on the bike shaped object?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

No amphibology here. ...

True, I was being lazy there - I should have at least hacked the quote to capitalise the "j" :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gallybander

how can you get one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Finally! It took years but this week as I was cycling across North Boston, someone commented on my boards jersey. About time someone noticed it, it's one of the original ones so I'm not sure it has another winter left in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

This morning, at 8:50 or shortly after, at the junction of Waterloo Road - Pembroke Road - Upper Baggot Street, stopped at the lights (!) on a navy Charge Plug (?). 99% sure it was daragh.

I've seen you often enough on the Merrion Road to city centre drag, but never got as close as today, when I was sitting on your wheel from the Waterloo lights to the end of Wilton Terrace where I turned off up the canal towards Leeson Street. (You may have seen my shadow, um, shadowing yours on the ground, as the sun was right behind us.)

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    This morning, at 8:50 or shortly after, at the junction of Waterloo Road - Pembroke Road - Upper Baggot Street, stopped at the lights (!) on a navy Charge Plug (?). 99% sure it was daragh.

I've seen you often enough on the Merrion Road to city centre drag, but never got as close as today, when I was sitting on your wheel from the Waterloo lights to the end of Wilton Terrace where I turned off up the canal towards Leeson Street. (You may have seen my shadow, um, shadowing yours on the ground, as the sun was right behind us.)

If there was an ominous creaking sound coming from the bottom bracket than it was me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

daragh_ wrote: »
    If there was an ominous creaking sound coming from the bottom bracket than it was me. :)

I did hear some creaking alright. Glad to hear it was coming from the bike rather than the knees. :D

• Advertisement

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    I did hear some creaking alright. Glad to hear it was coming from the bike rather than the knees. :D

It's been like that for weeks. Every weekend I promise myself I'll fix it. Every weekend I forget. The chain also needs replacing, the seatpost is seized and yes, I also need new knees :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Spotted my first Boardsie today! A fella in the black and red one cycling past Trinity Front Gate at around 18:30 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Old jersey on East Street heading towards the Liffey at around 17:30 last Monday.

Donal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Should have posted it up sooner, but I spotted a boards jersey on Sunday afternoon, just at the start of the Rathmines road about to cross the canal, heading in towards town, I was beside you in traffic on my fixie...

Where can I get a hold of one of these boards jerseys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

colm_gti wrote: »
    Should have posted it up sooner, but I spotted a boards jersey on Sunday afternoon, just at the start of the Rathmines road about to cross the canal, heading in towards town, I was beside you in traffic on my fixie...

Where can I get a hold of one of these boards jerseys?

On behalf of all the posters on this site I would like to thank you for volunteering to organise the boards jersey order for 2012*

Details on how it can be organised can be found here

*The forum's charter clearly states that anyone enquiring as to where a boards.ie jersey can be got must organise the next order - ok, it doesn't say that explicitly but it's kind of implied........:)

Jawgap wrote: »
    On behalf of all the posters on this site I would like to thank you for volunteering to organise the boards jersey order for 2012*

Details on how it can be organised can be found here

*The forum's charter clearly states that anyone enquiring as to where a boards.ie jersey can be got must organise the next order - ok, it doesn't say that explicitly but it's kind of implied........:)
    how can you get one ?

Looks like someone else bet me to it on the 29/01/2012 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

colm_gti wrote: »
    Looks like someone else bet me to it on the 29/01/2101 :P

We'll be back for them in 89 years from now - incidentally, ask them to post the lotto numbers for the next 50 yrs or so:D:D:D:D

Jawgap wrote: »
    We'll be back for them in 89 years from now - incidentally, ask them to post the lotto numbers for the next 50 yrs or so:D:D:D:D

Dammit, I deserve that for being trigger happy with the submit reply button :o

Old jersey on East Street heading towards the Liffey at around 17:30 last Monday.

Donal?

Yarp, myself indeed. First week back with the jersey (and without hi-viz covering it).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

The wife said she saw me going along the ring road in Lusk yesterday afternoon in my boards jersey. I told her that I wasn't out that way so whoever you were in the new jersey - hello (you must look a bit like me :eek:)

Advertisement