Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

A Boardsie effortlessly raced up behind me on the way in to work on the N11 this morning. I didn't get a chance to chat, as he turned off immediately afterwards into Booterstown Ave. He uttered some parting words, though I didn't catch them - probably something like "Get yourself a road bike, FFS!!" :D

Anyhow, whoever you were, Hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

A Boardsie effortlessly raced up behind me on the way in to work on the N11 this morning. I didn't get a chance to chat, as he turned off immediately afterwards into Booterstown Ave. He uttered some parting words, though I didn't catch them - probably something like "Get yourself a road bike, FFS!!" :D

Anyhow, whoever you were, Hi!

that was me, i shouted out "keep her lit"!

i recognised your bike from the orwell radonnee last year when you were tearing around the course on it, and you were flying today as well!

wouldn't like to try to keep up with you when you're on your road bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Phoenix Park @ 8am today. Hybrid heading toward Castleknock.

Then Manafana on Cruagh Road climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Not a jersey, more like a headscarf/snood on the East road Wednesday around 0800 heading towards East Wall (old design)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    The wife said she saw me going along the ring road in Lusk yesterday afternoon in my boards jersey. I told her that I wasn't out that way so whoever you were in the new jersey - hello (you must look a bit like me :eek:)
    Maybe Derek out of Crystal swing has started cycling:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

New jersey and shorts outside Powerscourt on the way into Enniskerry today at around 12.30/45. Gave you a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

daragh_ wrote: »
    New jersey and shorts outside Powerscourt on the way into Enniskerry today at around 12.30/45. Gave you a shout.

could been me but i wasnt wearing the shorts. Red Helmet?

manafana wrote: »
    could been me but i wasnt wearing the shorts. Red Helmet?

Not sure about the helmet TBH. There were definitely shorts and possibly short sleeves. Was thinking it was warm but not that warm :)

Not sure about the helmet TBH. There were definitely shorts and possibly short sleeves. Was thinking it was warm but not that warm :)

nah not me so, was their just before that time i think, pulled over for a top up on the grub then, 75km via sally gap, legs will need get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

RO 06 wrote: »
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    The wife said she saw me going along the ring road in Lusk yesterday afternoon in my boards jersey. I told her that I wasn't out that way so whoever you were in the new jersey - hello (you must look a bit like me :eek:)
    Maybe Derek out of Crystal swing has started cycling:D

Not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Bearded Boardsie in a bunch of 5/6 at 12.15pm today near the Indian Sculpture Park outside Roundwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

At the garage near kilmoon cross heading towards Duleek at 10.45 this morning.
    I gave ya a beep-beep to say hello.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

where does one get oneself a boards jersey?

stevieob wrote: »

bjersey.jpg

sorry, couldn't resist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

furiousox wrote: »
    At the garage near kilmoon cross heading towards Duleek at 10.45 this morning.
    I gave ya a beep-beep to say hello.

'Twas me - heard the beep but couldn't react quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

Jawgap wrote: »
    'Twas me - heard the beep but couldn't react quick enough.

Was pi$$ing rain too wasn't it, fair play to ya!

CPL 593H

stevieob wrote: »

To answer your question, you can either wait for a group order to happen, organise one yourself (if you like pain and stress) or post a wanted ad in Cycling Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

To answer your question, you can either wait for a group order to happen, organise one yourself (if you like pain and stress) or post a wanted ad in Cycling Adverts.

Cheers
    I'll watch out for a group order so cause I wouldn't know how to go about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Met, perhaps, WhatsADerailleur on the Rock Road this morning.

Glad you like my shoes :D

This is them: http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/images/ProductImages/fullsize/Clothing/Shimano/Shimano_M087_MTB_Shoes.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Spotted a boards jersey wearer cycling down the beside the grand canal, near the charlemont luas bridge. In full balaclava, which surprised me! Thought it was too warm for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Spotted a boards jersey wearer cycling down the beside the grand canal, near the charlemont luas bridge. In full balaclava, which surprised me! Thought it was too warm for that!

Whom ever it was had probably just stolen the bike and was wearing the jersey to to keep the fuzz off their tail but donning a balaclava in case of CCTV!

It wasn't me.....

Nevah!

I tend to use the balaclava for a good few months. I've a tendency to get ear aches in my right ear so the balaclava nicely stops air getting in. It's quite light, it's one of the Aldi crane ones I got a few years ago, great buy it was.

Plus it's warm (in the sun) only but I was still cold-ish!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Dónal wrote: »
    Nevah!

I tend to use the balaclava for a good few months. I've a tendency to get ear aches in my right ear so the balaclava nicely stops air getting in. It's quite light, it's one of the Aldi crane ones I got a few years ago, great buy it was.

Plus it's warm (in the sun) only but I was still cold-ish!

Well it's a good look for ya, very euro! I found it a day for the sunglasses myself!

New boards jersey at 4:40 this afternoon heading northbound stopped at the lights in Terenure Village. Chatting to another cyclist in blue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Colm18 at the viewing point on Stocking Lane, complaining of heart failure despite looking in good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Boardsie spotted havin a cuppa in Blessington with a few mates at 12.30 today, I gave a shout and wave as I was passing (with my Boards gear cunningly concealed under a green Audax Ireland Jacket). Nice day for it, even if it was a bit chilly earlier on.

LastGasp wrote: »
    Boardsie spotted havin a cuppa in Blessington with a few mates at 12.30 today, I gave a shout and wave as I was passing (with my Boards gear cunningly concealed under a green Audax Ireland Jacket). Nice day for it, even if it was a bit chilly earlier on.

that was myself with LENNYMC and two others, 3 of us will be doing the RAID so out getting in the practice rides

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

LastGasp wrote: »

Passing south through Blessington around that time and saw a group of lads getting ready to pull off, maybe the same group? Noticed a couple of Dectec jerseys with them but no Boardsie. Also spotted one of the Orwell groups further on down. Nice day alright though one hell of a headwind going through the Curragh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

manafana wrote: »
    that was myself with LENNYMC and two others, 3 of us will be doing the RAID so out getting in the practice rides

Thanks again for the coffee, I'll get you back next time :)

• Advertisement

colm_gti wrote: »
    Thanks again for the coffee, I'll get you back next time :)

all you need now is a boards jersey to go with that fancy bike.

Advertisement