Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Saw a few jerseys at the Tour of Meath - Daithi BC, Bitemybanger (new jerseys) and one old jersey on the run in around 1345

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Saw a few jerseys at the Tour of Meath - Daithi BC, Bitemybanger (new jerseys) and one old jersey on the run in around 1345
    That was probably me as I didn't see any other old jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Ill post that photo when i get to my laptop.
    Saw the lad in the old jersey at the Boharmeen stop and NeedMoreGears at the finish.
    Great cycle, very well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

there ya go. myself (right) and NeedMoreGears (left) in front if the beautiful Trim Castle

[IMG][/img]2di4n84.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Briefly chatting to a Boardsie on a PX at the junction of Wyattville Road / Cherrywood at 7 PM this evening................I'm ashamed to say I was driving:o

Didn't catch his name:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Just spotted a boardsie there on the road into Waterford. Gave 2 beeps from
    A car. Think you might have tought I was giving out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Seen a group of cyclists on Temple Hill at 08.15 this morning, thought I saw an old boards.ie jersey.

anyone here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

CptMackey wrote: »
    Just spotted a boardsie there on the road into Waterford. Gave 2 beeps from
    A car. Think you might have tought I was giving out :)

Probably saw the same boardsie, Lismore Park, Waterford yesterday, around lunchtime. Possibly Blaaman?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

New Jersey at the bottom of Stradbrook last night around 6.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

daragh_ wrote: »
    New Jersey at the bottom of Stradbrook last night around 6.15.

That might have been me. Orange pannier, gave you a wave back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snottybridge

Boardsie spotted near Leap in West cork around 4.30 today,lovely day for the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Spotted a boardsie heading towards dundrum from stepaside this morning, or at least I think it was a boardsie, I was so blinded by his gleaming white, super clean bike that I couldn't really see the jersey, only for the trademark pink strip of a boards jersey....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

colm_gti wrote: »
    Spotted a boardsie heading towards dundrum from stepaside this morning, or at least I think it was a boardsie, I was so blinded by his gleaming white, super clean bike that I couldn't really see the jersey, only for the trademark pink strip of a boards jersey....

haha that was me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭stopped_clock

Camden St (Dublin) about 5:45pm this evening?

'Sensible' bike (mudguards, panniers).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Camden St (Dublin) about 5:45pm this evening?

'Sensible' bike (mudguards, panniers).
    That'd be me on the commuter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Bit late, but only remembered to post now. Saw a boardsie going anti clockwise around Stephens Green on Friday last week. I was standing outside the Shelbourne and saw you wizz around heading for grafton st!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

New jersey making the most of a tailwind heading northwards through Portmarnock at 9.08 this morning. I was struggling in the opposite direction.

Old jersey, doing stretches outside that converted church (st Kevins maybe?). On south circular road, now. Bike nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

RT66 wrote: »
    New jersey making the most of a tailwind heading northwards through Portmarnock at 9.08 this morning. I was struggling in the opposite direction.

Twas me - that headwind was deceptively strong

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just saw one on the way into work on the O'Brien Rd in Carlow, part of the second group I saw in the Leinster Loop.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Pretty are I saw one (pink version) going into the park in Blackrock today about 10:45!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Cought up with TomC (non pink version of the Jersey) and a mate of his while going up Stocking's lane this morning. Had a quick chat, was a bit cold on military road so went solo to the Sally Gap climb. Had planned to go to the Kippure mast but at the gate both guys caught me and I decided to stay in their wheels (they were doing a route I've never tried myself). Was sitting in their wheels all the way. I did one turn in the front (a first for me) on the N81, couldn't hold it for long, ran out of breath. :o

Great lads, great company and thanks for the spin. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Thought that I saw one this morning on the Killarney CC club spin - under a rain jacket. If so, sorry for not saying hi, but we moved off and I didnt notice it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

ROK ON wrote: »
    Thought that I saw one this morning on the Killarney CC club spin - under a rain jacket. If so, sorry for not saying hi, but we moved off and I didnt notice it again.

ROK... No problem.... Was keeping up the rear despite my best efforts to keep up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Masala wrote: »
    ROK... No problem.... Was keeping up the rear despite my best efforts to keep up!!!

Ill say hi the next day. Horrible day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Coming down Stocking Lane at about 6pm this evening as I was starting to huff and puff up it...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

JazzyJ wrote: »
    Coming down Stocking Lane at about 6pm this evening as I was starting to huff and puff up it...

Myself, glad to be facing downhill at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

New jersey, blasting it down Killakee Road/Stocking Lane on Sunday at about 11:30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Cought up with TomC (non pink version of the Jersey) and a mate of his while going up Stocking's lane this morning. Had a quick chat, was a bit cold on military road so went solo to the Sally Gap climb. Had planned to go to the Kippure mast but at the gate both guys caught me and I decided to stay in their wheels (they were doing a route I've never tried myself). Was sitting in their wheels all the way. I did one turn in the front (a first for me) on the N81, couldn't hold it for long, ran out of breath. :o

Great lads, great company and thanks for the spin. :)

Good to meet you, (I think you were just being polite not hogging the front, the way you climbed the hills we probably held you back :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

-K2- wrote: »
    New jersey, blasting it down Killakee Road/Stocking Lane on Sunday at about 11:30am.

that would be me, may have been downhill pb on strava lovely conditions for it.

lovely that the bottom of stocking lane has been resurfaced especailly for those going up it, but one of speed bumps that used be bike friendly now isnt.

Advertisement