Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Spotted someone wearing the latest jersey at 17:20 this evening around Brighton Vale (swimming area) halfway between Salthill and Blackrock area.

Didn't get a good luck at the bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Quite possibly me - heading away from Dun Laoghaire and towards Blackrock? If there was a flappy hi-viz going on, then it was definitely me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Quite possibly me - heading away from Dun Laoghaire and towards Blackrock? If there was a flappy hi-viz going on, then it was definitely me!

Yup, that was you :) I forgot you had the hi viz on! I was cycling sans helmet, wine bike with a black basket!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Gave a shout and a wave to a gent in a Boards jersey on Griffith Avenue, shortly after six. Think I may have seen you in the area before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

T'was I legging it home. Saw the wave, missed the shout what with my ears being full of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Very good, brings me back to seeing Muse at what was their peak really - The Olympia February 2004 if I'm not mistaken :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Basster wrote: »
    Very good, brings me back to seeing Muse at what was their peak really - The Olympia February 2004 if I'm not mistaken :)

What a concert, I was deaf for about a week after it...

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

CptMackey wrote: »
    Just spotted a boardsie there on the road into Waterford. Gave 2 beeps from
    A car. Think you might have tought I was giving out :)

May have been me, hope I wasn't rude :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wowitskev

Spotted a boards jersey cowering from the rain in a bus shelter along the coast road near Baldoyle during the torrential downpour around 6.15.

Anyone want to claim responsibility?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

wowitskev wrote: »
    Spotted a boards jersey cowering from the rain in a bus shelter along the coast road near Baldoyle during the torrential downpour around 6.15.

That was moi, as per http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80465341#post80465341 :) It was lovely when I left the house, and the forecaster said the rain was clearing to the east. I thought she meant the east was clearing, but I realise now she meant it was clearing everywhere else, and ending up in the east!

• Advertisement

Was that also you at the Woodenbridge in Clontarf a bit later? I passed by wearing a black/yellow rain jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

wowitskev wrote: »

By 1900ish he was flying through the puddles along the coast!

'just realised you scored a hat trick -wowiskev, cdaly_ & needmoregears. Chapeau!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

By 1900ish he was flying through the puddles along the coast!

'just realised you scored a hat trick -wowiskev, cdaly_ & needmoregears. Chapeau!

heh, excellent! So I achieved something in the last week of my season! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Spotted a boardsie turning right from Harcourt Street into a parking lot at about 08:39 this morning.

Didn't notice the make of the bike because I was distracted by the levers sticking out of the bar ends. Maybe it's common enough just hadn't noticed it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

New jersey about half 8 this morning on the corner of Clare Street and Merrion Square on a Focus. I was on foot on way to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Spotted a boardsie turning right from Harcourt Street into a parking lot at about 08:39 this morning.

Didn't notice the make of the bike because I was distracted by the levers sticking out of the bar ends. Maybe it's common enough just hadn't noticed it before.
    That's me. Just one lever on the RHS. It's a frankenbike, MTB/Tourer cross-type thing. Bar end lever is the only way I can stick gears on it and keep my drops and V-brakes.
    Not unheard of, particularly among the hardcore touring community, but you'd usually see bar end shifters on the end of aero bars rather than the end of the drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Saw a boardsie coming from Ranelagh direction into town last night about 10:15pm. Think it was the old jersey, but only realised it was a boardsie till I was passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

New style jersey, 8.50 or so, sitting on the windowsill of a pub in Swords whose name I can't remember. In a group getting ready for a spin by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Saw a boardsie coming from Ranelagh direction into town last night about 10:15pm. Think it was the old jersey, but only realised it was a boardsie till I was passed it.

That would have been me, probably going slow after football once again left me knackered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

cython wrote: »
    New jersey about half 8 this morning on the corner of Clare Street and Merrion Square on a Focus. I was on foot on way to work.

Most likely me, I'd say!

• Advertisement

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    New style jersey, 8.50 or so, sitting on the windowsill of a pub in Swords whose name I can't remember. In a group getting ready for a spin by the looks of it.

T'was I. Heading out with the Swords thursday group. Out to Duleek for tea and scones and then back to work. Managed to stay with the group until the long drag up by Balscadden but lost sight and went the wrong way there. Headed straight for Balrothery in the hope of picking them up there but to no avail. Headed on over Man O War and on to work. 107k in 4 hours rolling. Lovey day out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Lady boardsie at Coolmine level crossing about 5 mins ago on a blue and black specialized - 2 in a day is a record for me outside sportives

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

cython wrote: »
    Lady boardsie at Coolmine level crossing about 5 mins ago on a blue and black specialized - 2 in a day is a record for me outside sportives

Was me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Finally, I spotted one!

Yesterday's Fit Magazine (included with Irish Independent, Thursday 30th August 2012) had an item about John Treacy doing the Sean Kelly Tour, with this photo (Boardsie arrowed):
    219033.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Saw someone with the old jersey heading up howth hill from the sutton side around 12:40ish

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

dermo1990 wrote: »
    Saw someone with the old jersey heading up howth hill from the sutton side around 12:40ish

That must have been me!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Rovi wrote: »
    Finally, I spotted one!

Yesterday's Fit Magazine (included with Irish Independent, Thursday 30th August 2012) had an item about John Treacy doing the Sean Kelly Tour, with this photo (Boardsie arrowed):
    219033.jpg

thats CaptainMackey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

keenan110 wrote: »
    dermo1990 wrote: »

That must have been me!:)

With a girl in a Meath Tour Jersey? If so I spotted you outside the yacht on your way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Rovi wrote: »
    Finally, I spotted one!

219033.jpg

thats CaptainMackey.

I'm pretty sure he was just behind me at the 100 km start, I just missed national media coverage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

hardCopy wrote: »
    With a girl in a Meath Tour Jersey? If so I spotted you outside the yacht on your way home.

Yeah, that was me too!

Advertisement