Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

hardCopy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he was just behind me at the 100 km start, I just missed national media coverage!
    you must have been beside me so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Rovi wrote: »
    Finally, I spotted one!

Yesterday's Fit Magazine (included with Irish Independent, Thursday 30th August 2012) had an item about John Treacy doing the Sean Kelly Tour, with this photo (Boardsie arrowed):
    219033.jpg

That's me. National coverage :D
    Rodger was too fast heading off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Spotted a boardsie breaking a red (and getting given out to by an auld codger) on the clonskeagh road at the T junction coming out of UCD. Tut tut :P

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Old jersey, heading towards Skerries just past the Golf Club and before Holmpatrick around 2:18 this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Boardsie spotted eastbound on the R129 near Ballyboughal around noon today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Beasty wrote: »
    Old jersey, heading towards Skerries just past the Golf Club and before Holmpatrick around 2:18 this afternoon.
    I saw you eye-balling the jersey, then shouting "boardsie!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Saw a boardsie stuck at Merrion Gates at around 17:00, not sure what type of bike. I was on my bike at the other side of the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Driving from Aughrim Co. Wicklow towards Ballinaclash this morning and a group of 4 cyclists with one in Boards gear heading towards Aughrim around 11am. Lots of cyclists out and about. Passed a big group (Bray Wheelers?) as they headed towards Rathdrum. Nice day to be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Was passed by a pink boards Jersey coming through North Strand today, sky shorts.

My excuse for not giving chase was that I was coming home from a half marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Saw a couple of Boardsies on the Cork Rebel tour today. One in complete kit of Shirt + Shorts - looked kool!!!. The other (young lad) was enjoying a sambo in the food stop....don't ask me where that was!!!!!!!

Was intending in wearing my own Boards.ie shirt as I had it in the car ...but decided to support the event by wearing the event sponsered shirt - it was the least I could do for a 'top ran/ value for money' event !! Quality shirt and a welcome addition to my sparse wardrobe and a nice fit....gave me a bit of an Greek God torso so was happy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

hardCopy wrote: »
    Was passed by a pink boards Jersey coming through North Strand today, sky shorts.

My excuse for not giving chase was that I was coming home from a half marathon.
    Sounds like me. Were you on a Giant, and wearing a pair of runners (because of the half marathon of course ;))?

I take it the half marathon ended in the Phoenix Park? The traffic was terrible there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Driving from Aughrim Co. Wicklow towards Ballinaclash this morning and a group of 4 cyclists with one in Boards gear heading towards Aughrim around 11am. Lots of cyclists out and about. Passed a big group (Bray Wheelers?) as they headed towards Rathdrum. Nice day to be out.

Most likely somebody out of the Dying Cow audax event.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Saw a couple of Boardsies on the Cork Rebel tour today. One in complete kit of Shirt + Shorts - looked kool!!!. The other (young lad) was enjoying a sambo in the food stop....don't ask me where that was!!!!!!!

Was intending in wearing my own Boards.ie shirt as I had it in the car ...but decided to support the event by wearing the event sponsered shirt - it was the least I could do for a 'top ran/ value for money' event !! Quality shirt and a welcome addition to my sparse wardrobe and a nice fit....gave me a bit of an Greek God torso so was happy!!!
    That would have been myself in the full boardsie kit. I did the 85 and it was the longest spin i did in those velotech bibs. I was suitably impressed as my other bibs are castelli and vermarc. They held up well

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

T'was myself, on the Dying Cow for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

smacl wrote: »
    T'was myself, on the Dying Cow for sure.

How'd it go? Dying Cow is in my neighbourhood and I've taken it on a few times on spins. An enjoyable downhill!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

How'd it go? Dying Cow is in my neighbourhood and I've taken it on a few times on spins. An enjoyable downhill!

A fantastic day out, both laid back and superbly organised, well worth a go if you get the chance. Some more commentary here. Some hill!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Ailesbury Road, 5:36 pm, almost beside the French Ambassador's residence.

You: heading towards Donnybrook, new jersey under an open high-viz vest, road bike, helmet, shades. Me: heading towards the sea, Dutch bike with a crate on the front, loud bell and a wave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Ailesbury Road, 5:36 pm, almost beside the French Ambassador's residence.

You: heading towards Donnybrook, new jersey under an open high-viz vest, road bike, helmet, shades. Me: heading towards the sea, Dutch bike with a crate on the front, loud bell and a wave.

Me! Sorry I didn't see you though I do remember hearing a bell at some stage this evening. There was a bit of a headwind blowing so I think that was taking my attention!

No worries. In your further defence ;), I think you were riding towards the sun and I was probably hidden in the shadows of the trees. At least I know my bell can be heard over a headwind!

Ailesbury Road, 6:15 pm, slightly further east of the French Ambassador's residence than yesterday's sighting.

You: heading towards Donnybrook, old jersey, road bike, helmet, glasses. Me: heading towards the sea, Dutch bike with a crate on the front, a wave and a point at your jersey. Pretty sure I got a nod in return.

Rich pickings around D4 lately. Is there a Panini sticker book in which to record sightings of ye jersey owners? And if so, does anyone have a Tim Allen to trade? Rumour has it there's only one. I have a spare seamus, two spare Lumens and about 17 monuments for swopsies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

On Abbey Road, Monkstown heading towards Baker's Corner at about 18.55 this evening. Spotted at the last minute when my missus who was driving pointed you out so not sure of bike make.

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Ailesbury Road, 6:15 pm, slightly further east of the French Ambassador's residence than yesterday's sighting.

You: heading towards Donnybrook, old jersey, road bike, helmet, glasses. Me: heading towards the sea, Dutch bike with a crate on the front, a wave and a point at your jersey. Pretty sure I got a nod in return.

Rich pickings around D4 lately. Is there a Panini sticker book in which to record sightings of ye jersey owners? And if so, does anyone have a Tim Allen to trade? Rumour has it there's only one. I have a spare seamus, two spare Lumens and about 17 monuments for swopsies.

That was me, was thinking that your cargo bike could do with its own sighting thread!

Dónal wrote: »
    That was me, was thinking that your cargo bike could do with its own sighting thread!
    :D

Is my bell pink enough to identify me as a Boardsie? Or would the thread have to give daily clues, like a modern day Lobby Lud?

Today, Doctor Bob will be wearing a burgundy tank top, brown cords and a checked shirt, and will be lunching on George's Street. To claim the prize, tell us the name of the book he was reading over lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

On Abbey Road, Monkstown heading towards Baker's Corner at about 18.55 this evening. Spotted at the last minute when my missus who was driving pointed you out so not sure of bike make.

Probably me. These sightings are getting closer to home. I'm going to retire my Jersey for a bit. Unless Dr. Bob needs a sighting to complete a line on his Boards Jersey Bingo card.

daragh_ wrote: »
    I'm going to retire my Jersey for a bit. Unless Dr. Bob needs a sighting to complete a line on his Boards Jersey Bingo card.

That's very thoughtful of you, but you're in the clear- I got you a few months ago on Pembroke Street/Baggot Street when you had your dodgy bottom bracket on the Charge. Retire away! (And I promise not to post sightings if I see you in mufti.)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Maciej_D

Samuel Beckett bridge around 5.40pm today, not jersey but shorts ;-)
    I said hello while we were both stuck at the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Today, c. 5.30pm at the junction of Griffith Ave and Ballymun Road. Heading north?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Could have been me heading east (and dodging the triangular roundabout). Was that you on a triple tandem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Yesterday around 6pm near the Shankill roundabout, gave you the double boards beep :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Could have been me heading east (and dodging the triangular roundabout). Was that you on a triple tandem?

Indeed it was, on my way to pick up the kids.

Advertisement