Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aerial targets?

• 03-07-2008 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am part of a rc model airplane club, we are always on the lookout for new an innovative ways of having fun, I thought of a aerial target game with paintballs, where players try to shoot a moving rc plane as it does a set of fly-passes. We can build fairly robust airplanes that could (I think) survive a hit from a paintball.

I presume you can have different colour paintballs for different teams so you could tally the hits on a plane?

Could this work?
    Cheers
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Hey, lol sounds like a fun Idea. It would be quite tricky I imagaine. Although when turned up, we can shoot over 15 paintballs a second.

Where abouts are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

our club is in Meath ( Ballivor), we fly most weekends, weather permitting.

15 paintballs a second would be like flying through ww2 strafe.
    could be a bit of craic though!

Ya it would be cool.

We do a good bit of paintballing in Barrage, Pudden Hill. Are you near there?

Where is Pudden Hill near?

to what range would a paintball be accurate within 1 foot radius?

Its near Ashbourne.

Map: www.paintballer.ie/barrage

I would reckon that you would need to be flying with in 30-40 feet for us to have a chance.

• Advertisement

I found Pudden hill, near Ashbourne, not too far.
    We fly off a bog in ballivor.

30-40 feet or closer is no problem.

I build planes from "corriboard", this is the plastic material they make signs from.
    The planes are quite robust, they are called Spads (hence my nickname)

http://www.spadtothebone.com/

I can build a big 8ft wingspan slow flyer if your aim is that bad:D

lol good stuff. Sure I will give you a shout next time time we are out playing in Barrage and you can drop down and avoid our balls.

In the mean time, check out the video to see what you will be up against:
    http://www.paintballer.ie/viewtopic.php?t=2894

Good video. Avoiding the trees would be the issue. I see you refill from scuba tanks, what Bar do the guns run at?

When I get a chance I’ll build something with a large side area to make it easier for your guys to hit it, I’ll post on paintballer.ie?

There are no trees around Barrage, its all open ground.

The markers (guns) run at 20bar'ish but the small tanks that feed the markers are running at up to 320bar.

Sure post it up when you make something, make sure it has a nice big crosshair on it ;)

• Advertisement

We will be there on the 19th of July for our League Final if you want to pop around. We can give it ago as a lunch time activity?

Advertisement