Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprenticeships

Options
  • 03-07-2008 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what places take on apprentice Electricians that they know off. Im from Drogheda but there is no positions around here so Dundalk or Dublin would be suitable. Finding it very hard to get anyone looking to take apprentices on atm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

m.j.w

I'd say you would be very lucky to get an apprenticeship now, maybe if/when things pick up next year (???? ) but others are in before you, there are people on temp layoff, and in many cases they will be taken on before new people, dont want to kill a dream or anything, and by all means keep looking, but companies are folding and jobs are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

ye may try big companies, factories like, or irish rail, telecom, esb etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

m.j.w wrote: »
    Finding it very hard to get anyone looking to take apprentices on atm

Your just trying at a bad time,, a lot of people are being let go and i think its worse than people think. Sorry but just hard luck on your part

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

if u have any interest in mechanic work try an apprenticeship in that! I'd do it if i had to do an apprenticeship again! All that talk about it been a dirty job is a load of poo!

Advertisement