Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are all the irish in Bladefist??

Options
  • 03-07-2008 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hey guys, i moved to Dublin quite recently (well, four months ago)
    and i wanted to catch up with some RL people to do things in game and also have a beer (you know the whole thing about social life and etc.. :) )
    But reading the "character name/realm" thread i saw many people
    here are in Bladefist, question is why??
    I feel sad, since Bladefist is a pvp server... and i hate world pvp.
    But oh well, if anyone wants to get in contact, let me know.
    On my server/guild i think there is 95% of swedish people and 4 %of danish...

and 1% of Brazilian, me :)

It would be cool, in general, to organize some RL gigs anyway, like everybody going out and getting extremelly drunk and etc :)

Take care

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 displeaser

I'm living and working in dublin, 100% paddy xD

I'm playing on the burning steppes server, its pvp but little proper world pvp. i'm alliance there but rolling a hordie there this weekend as well.

Dissy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 virge

Hey, well, that is cool.
    Too bad its a pvp server.. as well :(
    I am hordie on aggramar, have 3 level 70s and several others not worth mention.
    I been seriously tempted to try out alliance and i created a priest human female, its been good so far, but getting lost inside Stormwind is noooo fun!

Im asking this because I really wanna play with the folks from here and eventually catch up with you guys in real life. Right now my life is basically work - home - work - home... and listening to Ipod inside train.

My maximum human interaction i had the other day was a lady in front of me coughing in my face and saying "sorry". I almost cried! I felt overwhelmed of the interaction (not the microbs i got from the cough :) )

My mains a human priest :)

if you roll on burning steppes, drop me a tell.

met up with some mates from a previous server and was great fun :)

EDIT: My mains name is Tammy, my mage who im gearing is called Keltic (atm will change it though)

Cool, i might try it out then :) I dont guarantee i would be there for long, since getting ganked really kills the fun for me :(
    But if you are gonna roll horde, do you have two accounts?
    if not, you could roll the horde on a pve server... cough.. aggramar.. cough.. hehe

virge wrote: »
    Cool, i might try it out then :) I dont guarantee i would be there for long, since getting ganked really kills the fun for me :(
    But if you are gonna roll horde, do you have two accounts?
    if not, you could roll the horde on a pve server... cough.. aggramar.. cough.. hehe

Getting a second account tomorrow, have lots of mates horde side on burning steppes, so mostly just for chatting to the ones that dont have IRC :)

certain areas are only really bad for ganking, stv been the primary one before 60, zangermarsh probably been the tbc equivilant (but not half as bad). I skip stv or get a mate to zerg me through the quests when levelling there. If ganking gets bad on me a whole world of hate comes down on the hordie(s) involved, some good mates there :)

• Advertisement

Hehe, ok...
    i still dont know if i will try..
    I had a rogue on a pvp server before, and after getting so many times ganked and interrupted on the Isle of Quel'danas through my dailies, i transfered to a pve server, and never looked back :)
    Its so much cooler and casual friendly a pve server i think.
    I might try a bit on your server though :)

Thanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Hehe, ok...
    i still dont know if i will try..
    I had a rogue on a pvp server before, and after getting so many times ganked and interrupted on the Isle of Quel'danas through my dailies, i transfered to a pve server, and never looked back :)
    Its so much cooler and casual friendly a pve server i think.
    I might try a bit on your server though :)

Thanks for the replies :)

Wait... you were a rogue and you got ganked?

I kill rogues on sight because I have been ganked non stop by the bastards since I entered a contested zone.
    Any rogues. Other than rogues, greys are left alone.

Jumpy wrote: »
    Wait... you were a rogue and you got ganked?

I kill rogues on sight because I have been ganked non stop by the bastards since I entered a contested zone.
    Any rogues. Other than rogues, greys are left alone.

Ahaha, true, they are annoying. I have my own rogue, and I seriously dont appreciate fully the class.. But i used to get killed by usually two people at the same time, a healer and shaman and etc... take out my cooldowns and there ya go, running back to my corspe few moments later...

But now on Aggramar things are beautiful, no worrying about ganking whatsoever and doing my dailies in peace and on my own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Ahaha, true, they are annoying. I have my own rogue, and I seriously dont appreciate fully the class.. But i used to get killed by usually two people at the same time, a healer and shaman and etc... take out my cooldowns and there ya go, running back to my corspe few moments later...

But now on Aggramar things are beautiful, no worrying about ganking whatsoever and doing my dailies in peace and on my own time.

WOW LITE......

WellyJ wrote: »
    WOW LITE......
    I call "real gaming experience"
    meaning you are not being deprived to have fun and enjoy the game, despite the fact you have purchased the software and paying a monthly fee. Thus, I do not see the point of not being able to play when I want to.

Its like having someone pulling the plug from my playstation when I really wanted to get a bit ahead on Metal Gear... and whenever i go back, the same person pulls the plug again from the console.

Its my point of view anyway, some people think its a lot of fun the feeling of being chased and running from people while they are questing. I dont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Well seeing as it is a Massively Multiplayer game, why don't you make some friends online, and instead of going Emo after a gank, you could call them to help you get some revenge.

Each to their own of course but for me PVE servers are like going swimming with armbands on or cycling a bike with stabilisers. It's basically a gimped version of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I'm on the ghostlands server and have come across a few irish people on it, maybe should check that one out.

WellyJ wrote: »
    Well seeing as it is a Massively Multiplayer game, why don't you make some friends online, and instead of going Emo after a gank, you could call them to help you get some revenge.

Each to their own of course but for me PVE servers are like going swimming with armbands on or cycling a bike with stabilisers. It's basically a gimped version of the game.

Read my other post, casual...
    I do not and dont want to have to, every time i get ganked, to call for friends, do the whole thing of revenge.. bla bla bla.. they come back with more friends and bla bla bla.. and create the small constant war that always happens.

I dont have enough time to play this way and even though you came with the "Its a MMO" thingy, I do choose to play the way i feel like and whatever i feel like, whenever I can. I can raid when I want to, depending on the availability of my friends and I can quest and farm whenever i want to as well.

And no, i am not EMO as you pointed out, Im quite practical to be honest,
    didnt like the server, paid the euros, switched :) and happy about it. I now have friends on the guild, do some raiding here and there, and thats it.

But yeah, you like your pvp server, that is cool, and even though i completely disagree with your description of pve server, its cool you have found a way that you have fun with the game you play :)

Meatwad wrote: »
    I'm on the ghostlands server and have come across a few irish people on it, maybe should check that one out.
    I will definitely do :) Cheers.

PS: are you in Dublin area too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

I'd suggest you learn how to play your class properly. You should not be getting ganked as a rogue. Try be the one doing the ganking for once. It's probably the most fun aspect of the game. I gave the game up, got rid of my account and now I'm back leveling a hunter because I miss ganking.

Ass Face wrote: »
    I'd suggest you learn how to play your class properly. You should not be getting ganked as a rogue. Try be the one doing the ganking for once. It's probably the most fun aspect of the game. I gave the game up, got rid of my account and now I'm back leveling a hunter because I miss ganking.
    sigh...
    I dont get why this theory of "oh, you got ganked, L2P"
    if you can win when caught by surprise by two or three others players, then let me know how you do it, and post a video of it ok?
    I did gank once, but i found it was so damn pointless. Very easy to do being a rogue but as i mentioned before, I play the game for different reasons, and to gank other people is definitely not one of them.
    And no, the rogue wasnt the only one being ganked, mostly my warlock. Both of them are on pve server now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

sigh...
    I dont get why this theory of "oh, you got ganked, L2P"
    if you can win when caught by surprise by two or three others players, then let me know how you do it, and post a video of it ok?
    I did gank once, but i found it was so damn pointless. Very easy to do being a rogue but as i mentioned before, I play the game for different reasons, and to gank other people is definitely not one of them.
    And no, the rogue wasnt the only one being ganked, mostly my warlock. Both of them are on pve server now.
    Cloak of shadows->vanish->sprint.

That's how you do it. Rogues can get away from pretty much any situation, wether they're caught by surprise or not.

What is your gear like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Guys, the chap doesnt want to play on a PvP server. There is no debate here. You dont need to justify your decision to anyone else and you arent going to change his mind, so just let it go? ;)

Ivan wrote: »
    Guys, the chap doesnt want to play on a PvP server. There is no debate here. You dont need to justify your decision to anyone else and you arent going to change his mind, so just let it go? ;)
    Cheers :)
    I created this thread just to get to see if there is any dublin person out of bladefist or other pvp server, but oh well. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

there are 3/4 of us, Alliance on moonglade rp pve. But we dont rp at all. Friendly enough server apart form the stupid ah prices at times. And i think we all live pretty much in or close to dublin. I have toons ranging from 70 downwards of almost every class.

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    there are 3/4 of us, Alliance on moonglade rp pve. But we dont rp at all. Friendly enough server apart form the stupid ah prices at times. And i think we all live pretty much in or close to dublin. I have toons ranging from 70 downwards of almost every class.

Nice! :)
    can i whisper you guys in game?
    can i get your char name? :)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dont want to give the other guys names out without their permission, but you can whisper me on... Hang on lemme just think which toons ill be using tonight.. Try either méndez notice the (é) or maerwynn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Hi,

I'm not on Bladefist, no. I do hear that it has a large amount of Irish people though. Shadowmoon too.

I enjoy playing wow sometimes, the main reason I wouldnt go on Bladefist is I spent long enough in internet cafe's to realise that the 8 foot 6 pack adorned night elf whatever is in reality a loud, sweaty fat kid with no concept of personal hygeine...a shame really when you try to play a game but cant because your surrounded by real life personifications of the stitched horrors from Stratholme :P

Froot wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm not on Bladefist, no. I do hear that it has a large amount of Irish people though. Shadowmoon too.

I enjoy playing wow sometimes, the main reason I wouldnt go on Bladefist is I spent long enough in internet cafe's to realise that the 8 foot 6 pack adorned night elf whatever is in reality a loud, sweaty fat kid with no concept of personal hygeine...a shame really when you try to play a game but cant because your surrounded by real life personifications of the stitched horrors from Stratholme :P
    Ahahahahahaha
    Very good one mate! hahaha
    Well, i started a priest on Moonglade on alliance side, so lets see how it goes. So far, im a bit annoyed with the fragile nature of the priest.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Priest 1-20 is crap, it gets better when you get mind flay, and even better when you get shadowform.

Priest 1-20 is crap, it gets better when you get mind flay, and even better when you get shadowform.

Thanks for the tip Raimbow :)
    But do you know if its possible to get through this stage healing in instances?
    I mean.. it might be cooler to get a instance done and get a very nice xp from it then you could maybe jump right on the level 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

My priest is 39 (one more level to shadowform!).

Am nearly 100% spec'd shadow apart from the wand talent and have never had a problem healing in any instance so far. Mana is the biggest issue. Stack up on int/spirit gear for instances and you'll be fine.

I've got about 5-6 pieces of specific healing greens that i've picked up so far. Have about 150+ helaing in this gear which is kind of cool for a level 39 (I think).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im on Nagrand its a pve server (normal), and have 2 level 70 Alliance Characters
    Lots of Irish on Nagrand, good server for those who dont like pvp.

But if you play battlegrounds for honour points on Nagrand and on the Alliance side prepared to get destoryed most of the time by the Horde.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Whole guild of us on Terenas (EU) , check The Irish Guard on Armoury but we've recruited a few foreigners too :P Horde side too :D & PvE :P www.theirishguard.com if wanna check our site forums.

• Advertisement

Berns wrote: »
    Whole guild of us on Terenas (EU) , check The Irish Guard on Armoury but we've recruited a few foreigners too :P Horde side too :D & PvE :P www.theirishguard.com if wanna check our site forums.

This sounds very interesting mate :) I would enjoy even more if it was alliance :) But well, that could be cool.
    But.. would you guys accept a level 1-anything at the beginning?
    I do have other level 70s in Aggramar, but i wanted to make sure i enjoy the server and etc before moving there for good.

Advertisement