Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Modified Van ha

Options
  • 03-07-2008 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Howryez everyone...

I've this idea for the past while, dunno if anyone has any suggestions or wat.. Be critical if you must..!!

I've been thinking of buying a transit or vito and makin it into a project, ICE Install, alloys.. a real show stopper.. would anyone know if there are people that will sponsor this idea if I was willing to travel to shows, here and abroad.. I know theres a scheme like this in the U.S..

Thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

In theory the idea is great but any vans I've seen modified look terrible tbh,
    if you must go with a combo van (opel combo, vw caddy, transit connect etc) as they look much better modded out than the bigger buses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭horseydevine

Onkle wrote: »
    In theory the idea is great but any vans I've seen modified look terrible tbh,
    if you must go with a combo van (opel combo, vw caddy, transit connect etc) as they look much better modded out than the bigger buses

Yeah i've always been a fan of the transits.. but does anyone know if manufacturers would sponsor it?? If I had the van to start off with...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Don't do it man!!!!:eek:

kmart6 wrote: »
    Don't do it man!!!!:eek:

How come???

Im open to both sides of the arguement....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Yeah i've always been a fan of the transits.. but does anyone know if manufacturers would sponsor it?? If I had the van to start off with...

Can't see any manufacturers sponsoring it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Hah! Was going to say the same. Caddy is the way to go. Please don't buy a transit, i would talk of the stereotype. Nice red or blue caddy and colour code it, nice wheels, remap, tint, what ever the hell else inside. I'll do the same when i win the lotto haha;)

How come???

Im open to both sides of the arguement....
    IMO it just wouldn't look nice and seem like a waste of money!

but what about manufacters sponsorin it??

Not a chance I'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

yea kind of like that but like one base colour with manufacturers on the side...maybe ill just have to wait til i win the lotto...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

vans Can be cool, but only when made go fast... loud sound vans aint my or most of our cup of tea

S.I.R wrote: »
    vans Can be cool, but only when made go fast... loud sound vans aint my or most of our cup of tea

Yeah i know that .. ya couldn't do up the ice and leave the engine as standard, be a bit embarrassing.. was considering contacting few manufauteres but i think for pride's sake i wont????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

New Polish lad after starting work for us, has a Hemi Van, a 4.7ltr Chevy v8 under the bonnet and verything you'd need in the back entertainment wise. Pretty cool...

MOG7 wrote: »
    New Polish lad after starting work for us, has a Hemi Van, a 4.7ltr Chevy v8 under the bonnet and verything you'd need in the back entertainment wise. Pretty cool...

any chance of getting a few photos of it up????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ye i will do, i'll bring my camera in on Saturday and take a couple snaps!

MOG7 wrote: »
    Ye i will do, i'll bring my camera in on Saturday and take a couple snaps!

Sound pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

Unless you have a business to back up going to the manufacturers i dont think they'd be willing to feature and amateur modder doing up some van with different other manufacturers parts? your posting on this forum with the intent to buy a hyundai coupe also, how much money you got!? why not just spend ur hyundai money, and your van money on something special!

Unless you have a business to back up going to the manufacturers i dont think they'd be willing to feature and amateur modder doing up some van with different other manufacturers parts? your posting on this forum with the intent to buy a hyundai coupe also, how much money you got!? why not just spend ur hyundai money, and your van money on something special!

well iv about 12k to spend on me car, which includes the trading in of my current car..

Me missus's family had a few vans & land rovers lying around so the thought came into me head ya know?? ha suppose just to bored in work,:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Mod van can look cool, but you'd have to go "the old skool american way" and Transporter or Vito would be great for that sortathin':

http://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=221&p=3496
    http://www.freewebs.com/rontylees/flightsoffancyvan.htm
    http://www.americandreamcars.com/1972dodgevan091704.htm

The next thing is, you can't walk around talking to companies about sponsorship deals, when there's nothing to show and when you don't even have an idea what you want to do.
    So you have to start and get things moving and pay for it from your own pocket for a start. If you will have something done, then you can start looking for any sort of deal.

You might find some company who will be villing to supply/modify/manufacture and perhaps fit the bodykit let's say for cost. The same goes to ICE dealer or anybody else. For example I, personally, wouldn't mind to do some one off paintwork on the finished yoke, but again, I would charge you for material cost, which isn't the main sum in the final price of the paintwork and I'd have to be happy with the work you have done so far...

It might and it might not work, too many companies and it will not be working because everybody will need their share.
    Which is another point, if you get some sponsorship deal, you will have to be prepared travel, you will have to be ready to atend any possible show and farmers market all over the country and probably over in the UK as well as per sponsors request. No expenses paid in many cases. After all they've done up yer van...

FiSe wrote: »
    Mod van can look cool, but you'd have to go "the old skool american way" and Transporter or Vito would be great for that sortathin':

http://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=221&p=3496
    http://www.freewebs.com/rontylees/flightsoffancyvan.htm
    http://www.americandreamcars.com/1972dodgevan091704.htm

The next thing is, you can't walk around talking to companies about sponsorship deals, when there's nothing to show and when you don't even have an idea what you want to do.
    So you have to start and get things moving and pay for it from your own pocket for a start. If you will have something done, then you can start looking for any sort of deal.

You might find some company who will be villing to supply/modify/manufacture and perhaps fit the bodykit let's say for cost. The same goes to ICE dealer or anybody else. For example I, personally, wouldn't mind to do some one off paintwork on the finished yoke, but again, I would charge you for material cost, which isn't the main sum in the final price of the paintwork and I'd have to be happy with the work you have done so far...

It might and it might not work, too many companies and it will not be working because everybody will need their share.
    Which is another point, if you get some sponsorship deal, you will have to be prepared travel, you will have to be ready to atend any possible show and farmers market all over the country and probably over in the UK as well as per sponsors request. No expenses paid in many cases. After all they've done up yer van...

yeah i know exactly what you mean, been upto me eyes in work so havent bn able to come up with any concrete ideas as of yet.. id understand about material costs..

also thanks for the spraying offer...

Me granda's brother has a land rover defender he has been trying to get rid of so could be looking at the possiblity of that ya no?

obviously wouldnt contact any manufacturers till i have some concrete plans/ drawings on paper...

i dunno if you saw the mercedes van that was moddified in the car show thats hels every year in the rds? it was about 4 years ago..thats where the idea has come from
    thanks for the links too.

And yous all thought i was mad!!!!!!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JA1tTxx7Ck

Difference is that they are somewhat respectable....not a Transit/Caddy with a few mods!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

And yous all thought i was mad!!!!!!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JA1tTxx7Ck

$$$!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Difference is that they are somewhat respectable....not a Transit/Caddy with a few mods!

they'r respectable????you for serious??

Ah it wouldnt just be a few mods..

Advertisement