Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tri Nations 2008: Thread will contain spoilers

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Well I don't know. They shouldn't be playing test rugby if that's the case.

They need every game they can get

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ManofMunster

yeah don't fancy the argies but 23 points looks a big spread. would've thought it'd be closer?

good call :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

good call :(
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Should be an interesting game. hope the Boks can show some creativity and ingenuity this time out and perhaps play some rugby instead of relying exclusively on braun. Monty dropped to the bench, replaced by Jantjes and Habana out with injury....

Vickerman, Elsom and Dunning on for the Aussies...should be an interesting tussle, no doubt more mouth-watering, eye candy for Elsom's growing Leinster fanbase...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Sa 27-3 ahead with 40 gone.
    Waltzing through Matildas defence with ease at the moment.

Good game though, Aussies go 3 ponts up then give up 27
    with no reply. Ouch!

Rarely seen a wallaby team so disinterested, heads not in the game at all. Methinks they may have their eyes on the decider v the AB's, still nice to see the boks play some intelligent, relatively sophisticated rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Where's this on? Can't find it on Sky Sports?

Inquitus wrote: »
    Where's this on? Can't find it on Sky Sports?

sky sports 3, via red button. But only 8 mins left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Meh UPC me, no red button, no wonder I couldn't find it earlier :(

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Jesus, this must be some sort of tri-nations record.

• Advertisement

Anyone got any gen on this match? Team sheets etc....Could be an interesting match up....

*Edit*: found the teams:

New Zealand 1- Tony Woodcock, 2 - Andrew Hore, 3 - Greg Somerville, 4 - Anthony Boric, 5 - Ali Williams, 6 - Jerome Kaino, 7 - Adam Thomson, 8 - Rodney So'oialo (captain), 9 - Jimmy Cowan, 10 - Dan Carter, 11 - Anthony Tuitavake, 12 - Ma'a Nonu, 13 - Conrad Smith, 14 - Richard Kahui, 15 - Mils Muliaina.

Reserves: 16 - Keven Mealamu, 17 - Neemia Tialata, 18 - Sione Lauaki, 19 - Piri Weepu, 20 - Stephen Donald, 21 - Isaia Toeava, 22 - Rudi Wulf.

Samoa 1 - Simon Lemalu , 2 - Loleni Tafuna, 3 - Heroshi Tea, 4 - Filipo Levi (captain), 5 - Chad Slade, 6 - Semo Sititi, 7 - Alafoti Faosiliva, 8 - George Stowers, 9 - Notise Tauafao, 10 - Uale Mai, 11 - Esera Lauina, 12 - Jerry Meafou, 13 - Pale Toelupe, 14 - Reupena Levasa, 15 - Alatasi Tupou.

Reserves: 16 - Lafoga Aoelua, 17 - Roysiu Tolufale, 18 - Maselino Paulino, 19 - Simaika Mikaele, 20 - Junior Poluleuligaga, 21 - Roger Warren, 22 - Romi Ropati.

The Blacks put the ton on Samoa, complete mismatch,men against boys, embarrassing for the Samoans, who to their credit stayed game throughout....

score:101-14...ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

toomevara wrote: »
    The Blacks put the ton on Samoa, complete mismatch,men against boys, embarrassing for the Samoans, who to their credit stayed game throughout....

score:101-14...ouch!

Professionals vs Amateurs thats the problem Soma's big guns are already in France and England

Aussies make five changes for Saturdays 3N decider...

Ryan Cross, hooker Stephen Moore, flanker George Smith, tight-head prop Al Baxter and lock Nathan Sharpe, will all start.

Has Tahu even played a full match yet :confused:

Anyway Wallabies going for a very defensively sound midfield to try stop Nonu and Smith functioning.

The match though is probably going to be decided at the breakdown and really depends on what the ref is going to allow etc should be a great battle between Smith and McCaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

Stev_o wrote: »
    Has Tahu even played a full match yet :confused:

Anyway Wallabies going for a very defensively sound midfield to try stop Nonu and Smith functioning.

The match though is probably going to be decided at the breakdown and really depends on what the ref is going to allow etc should be a great battle between Smith and McCaw

Giteau and Carter will go pound for pound for territorial kicks and it will be won at the lineouts. Looking forward to Mortlock and Cross working together in the midfield but it will be the front five who will shape the outcome.

I seriously reckon Aussie can topple the All Blacks and take the 'Sloe and Tri.
    Should be a cracker of a game regardless and hopefully the QLDers can make Lang Park hop with the noise and get behind the Wallabies.

JWAD wrote: »

Agreed...at least that's what I'm telling anyone who'll listen, even though they all reckon I'm barking...Reckon this is going to be a really close run thing.

Bledisloe won't be decided until Hong Kong.
    hopefully the QLDers can make Lang Park hop with the noise and get behind the Wallabies.

You know they will!

pucan wrote: »
    Bledisloe won't be decided until Hong Kong
    So I read. A four match Bledisloe is taking the proverbial athough I see why given that both unions need the money.

• Advertisement

That Hong Kong game should be the Crusaders versus Munster!

Fascinating game in prospect, I'm putting my head on the block and predicting a Wallabies win...

Fascinating game in prospect, I'm putting my head on the block and predicting a Wallabies win...

contro versial!

can't see it myself, ABs by 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

half-time
    10-7
    . Good game so far, 2 good tries.

Superb try from the wallabies at the close of the second. Cross having a blinder..Wallaby of the series for me...very strange refereeing, at least one clear AB yellow...

Fitzpatrick having a whinge about kaplan's refereeing of the scrum, saying its nullifying the AB's. Don't see it myself, for me he's letting the kiwis away with murder at the breakdown.

now THAT was a quality try.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    now THAT was a quality try.

+1, beautiful passage of play...splintered the AB's, all that defending in the first taking its toll?

AB hit back, sloppy try to give away.

Game on, wallabies really need to muscle up in defence...or it'll do for 'em

Great defense from AB, Wallabies had to score there.

Game over 28-24 to the Blacks. Wallabies just lacked the hardness to keep their leading after their break but fair play to them they kept on playing.

MoTM Ryan Cross he had a blinder broke nearly every first tackle and nearly always got over the gain line, his try was a insane show of power.

Ref i thought was going to be good then he turned out to be all talk and no action backed out off giving both side yellows even though he had warned them that he would, needs to grow a pair i think.

• Advertisement

Made a note in diary. Simply said "bugger"

Referee very poor, just how in the name of God does McCaw get away with it? Does he have some magic unguent rendering him invisible to refs which he applies generously before each match?

Hard luck to the wallabies, left it after them, and punished for lamentable defensive frailty....

Referee very poor, just how in the name of God does McCaw get away with it? Does he have some magic unguent rendering him invisible to refs which he applies generously before each match?
    He's a breakaway and very very good at what he does. George Smith, Martyn Williams and Schalk Burger all the same in my opinion. Josh Kronfeld and Dave Wilson set the platform for all good no.7s to match up to.
    How about Rich Brown today? Thought he had a massive game when he came on for the Walls.

How about Rich Brown today? Thought he had a massive game when he came on for the Walls.

Didn't know much about the fella when he came on, but you gotta say he's going to be one for the wallabies for the future...played a blinder.

Advertisement