Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers in Dublin

Options
  • 03-07-2008 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Anyone ever have a problem getting in a club, I have tried a few times and been stopped by the same bouncer every time even when all the others bouncers are letting me in, He keeps saying not tonight, regulars only and private party ****. I don’t try anymore because of this fella.

I never have any problems getting into other clubs & bars I try except this place

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Wearing runners?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Report him to his superiors, f*ckin bouncers on a power trip p*ss me off...

"regulars only" or "I dont know your face" annoys the crap outta me. luckily I dont get rufused very often so alls good!

Bouncers are in general insecure machismo types that have very poor social skills!! That said, whilst i do personally know a lot like that, others are top blokes so its not really fair to paint them all with the same stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pharrell

no runners, dressed normally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Don't go there? Why would you want to go somewhere that you're not welcome?

-Funk

• Advertisement

Maybe its cos your sig is too gansta?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Haven't had a problem in years, it's easy enough to get into most clubs once you put the effort in.
    As neil1984 said, there's a lot of really sound guys out there.

i have stopped trying as i get in everywhere else no problem, just wondering has it happened anyone else!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Please don't name the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

This has been done several times before.

Aggrieved potential customers will moan about thick bouncers, current or former bouncers will argue that not all of them are stupid, there'll be a back and forth and eventually the thread will die out...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Pharrell wrote: »
    i have stopped trying as i get in everywhere else no problem, just wondering has it happened anyone else!!!

what club was it in?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Bouncers are in general insecure machismo types that have very poor social skills!! That said, whilst i do personally know a lot like that, others are top blokes so its not really fair to paint them all with the same stick.

???? So which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

take yourself and youre money elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Ah, we haven't had a good old bouncer thread in a while.

I've never understood the randomness of it. There's like no rhyme or reason to why you get stopped either. Total nightmare trying to go out with a group of mates in Dublin. 5 or 6 guys will nearly always be stopped. Thankfully most of them are too dumb to notice that we sit in a pub across the road, and we leave to go to the club 2 at a time?

"Just the 2 of you tonight, lads?".

"yep"

"go on ahead then".

So, on one hand, the fact that there's so many dumb people in one profession is a pain in the arse. But on the other hand, it's a blessing :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think the only way you will achieve justice is to complain on a public bulletin boar...oh wait. I've a better idea.

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

<snip>

ive never had any trouble getting in there :confused:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Terry wrote: »
    Please don't name the club.
    <snip>

/grabs popcorn.

Its a race between Terry's lock/edit/ban buttons and your own edit button.

I wonder who will win? I'm afraid my money is on the Omnivigilant Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's because you look like a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Throw some eggs at him and then run away. That will solve everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Could a mod please bar this guy? He's not a regular and he's clearly a troublemaker. We don't want his sort around here....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

what do you all wear that you have issues getting in?

Tracksuit bottoms and my new runners, why what the f*ck's wrong with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I must remember to avoid that bouncer/club.
    Oh wait I'm in Galway! muhahahaha

tribulus wrote: »
    Tracksuit bottoms and my new runners, why what the f*ck's wrong with them?

(a) they are tracksuit bottoms; and
    (b) Runners also.

Many clubs dislike being mistaken for gyms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I would ask the doorman if he thinks you are someone you are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Tell him your selling drugs and then offer him a bribe. That's bound to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Wear a disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Wait until he finishes work, follow him home, wait until all the lights are out and then set fire to his house.

• Advertisement

Maximilian wrote: »
    (a) they are tracksuit bottoms; and
    (b) Runners also.

Many clubs dislike being mistaken for gyms.

lol?

Advertisement