Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers in Dublin

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

Sheeps wrote: »
    bouncers in dublin are generally not pricks. if you keep getting refused entry to somewhere the problem is more than likely on your end. hell, you can get in to clubs looking as scruffy as you want

He speaks the truth; I'd be a right hypocrite if I refused someone entry for being scruffy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Sheeps wrote: »
    bouncers in dublin are generally not pricks. if you keep getting refused entry to somewhere the problem is more than likely on your end. hell, you can get in to clubs looking as scruffy as you want

Yeah Im seen much worse, more violent on the continent. Astonishingly violent, having been on the receiving end for no reason. But still, I think the bouncers in Dublin can sometimes be cnuts. But eh, I wouldn't take their job? I've had some bad experiences with them though but hey, they've probably had more bad experiences with me being a drunken mess so can't really blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Just a side query here, if you acted the b.ollox a few months previously and you appolagize to a bouncer, will he ever let you in again? I don't want this to sound like I'm just saying sorry just to be let in. I acted the bollox and there is no denying that. However, I am not one to cause trouble and that was just a bad night for me. I actualy felt bad for giving the bouncers grief.

poisonated wrote: »
    Just a side query here, if you acted the b.ollox a few months previously and you appolagize to a bouncer, will he ever let you in again? I don't want this to sound like I'm just saying sorry just to be let in. I acted the bollox and there is no denying that. However, I am not one to cause trouble and that was just a bad night for me. I actualy felt bad for giving the bouncers grief.

If you were to do it while clearly sober, and we genuinely believed you were in any way remorseful then it wouldn't be a problem. Although, not everyone is as forgiving :p

Thanks. This is a place beside the Mongolian bbq in Dublin and I was genuinely sorry but I did have a couple of beers taken at the time. He remembered me and I just said to him 'I know I'm not going to get in but I just wanted to appolagize for before, I was out of line'. He didn't let me in but am hoping that if I went up to him again he would remember me appolagizing more than me acting the bollox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Not had many problems with bouncers but a couple of kinda funny stories.

Going into one club after a gig in the middle of the week and my mate was wearing runners... we walked up the door where there was a bouncer who was about 7 foot tall but looked about 16. He stops us and says "ah i dunno lad runners?" to which we say listen no problem there are plenty of places to go and it's dead tonight ..he looks at us all hurt and says " i was only sayin...go on ahead in"

Another time walked to a club near the IFC and when we got there the bouncer says not tonight lads.. and again we didn't put up a fight and we turn to walk away and he calls us back and says "alright lads you don't seem that bad you can go in" so we say fine and walk in only to have him tap us on the shoulders saying he forgot to ask us for ID. I had to bite my tongue so i wouldn't laugh in his face.

haha they're good stories. Funny you say that about the 16 year old bouncer actualy, someone was saying earlier that you can become a bouncer at 16 which is really weird considering you could, if you wanted, let your friends into the club underage.

poisonated wrote: »
    haha they're good stories. Funny you say that about the 16 year old bouncer actualy, someone was saying earlier that you can become a bouncer at 16 which is really weird considering you could, if you wanted, let your friends into the club underage.

Nah; it's bull****. You have to be at least 18. I was doing it at 17 before the licences came in, and did my training before I was 18. They wouldn't let me apply for my licence until my 18th birthday, despite the fact that I'd been doing it for nearly a year.

Yeah. That's what I was thinking. It wouldn't make any sense.

Advertisement