Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The key issue is "house rules".

All pubs and clubs need to draw up their house rules to get their licence, and update them upon renewal of such.

If i put in my house rules that dudes can't wear pink shirts then i can enforce that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Pharrell wrote: »
    Any ideas?

Join the Gardai. Then flash the warrant card when you go out.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

tribulus wrote: »
    lol?

lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Tracksuit bottoms and my new runners, why what the f*ck's wrong with them?

theres your problem, dress like a knack, be treated like one, i'm not saying you are one but your dressing like one and thats why.

harsh but true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

My sarcasm meter is obviously broken, it was a joke! Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit yada yada...:)

I don't think even scumbags would attempt to get into a place with runners and tracksuit bottoms on.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

My sarcasm meter is obviously broken, it was a joke! Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit yada yada...:)

Crap joke on my part. I'm tired.

By the way quotation is the lowest form of wit ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

Jigsaw wrote: »
    Wait until he finishes work, follow him home, wait until all the lights are out and then set fire to his house.

so, did anybody hear any more about that girl in galway from the lisbon ad thing? :eek:

on topic - bouncers are d**ks generally

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Anyone ever have a problem getting in a club, I have tried a few times and been stopped by the same bouncer every time even when all the others bouncers are letting me in, He keeps saying not tonight, regulars only and private party ****. I don’t try anymore because of this fella.

I never have any problems getting into other clubs & bars I try except this place

Any ideas?

If you are a fella, i suspect he thinks you're going into the club to chase salami.

???? So which is it?

In this case that would be option A clearly

eldeabroad wrote: »

You should see the punters from the sober side. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i have stopped trying as i get in everywhere else no problem, just wondering has it happened anyone else!!!
    sorry try another bar
    no runners, dressed normally
    pink shirts not allowed move on mate:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

eldeabroad wrote: »
    Ahem your barred:cool:

Dragan wrote: »
    You should see the punters from the sober side. ;)

Ah yea i agree but I go out sometimes and dont drink and they cant be just as c.untish! One lad started on me for not clearin off, when I was stading on a public path near "his" club and when I pointed this out to him he got more irate and threatened that he'd beat the sh1t out of him. i replied with "Good luck with that. I" so he followed up with "Ill put ya in a wheelchair buddy" so I told him "IF you succeed tell your employer to expect legal action and i doubt you'll avoid jail time".... watchin him froth at the mouth because i stayed cool was fun....w@nka!:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ah yea i agree but I go out sometimes and dont drink and they cant be just as c.untish! One lad started on me for not clearin off, when I was stading on a public path near "his" club and when I pointed this out to him he got more irate and threatened that he'd beat the sh1t out of him. i replied with "Good luck with that. IF you succeed tell your employer to expect legal action".... watchin him froth at the mouth because i stayed cool was fun....w@nka!:cool:

You deserved a hiding for that to be honest.What were you doing hanging around outside a club anyway?

Ah yea i agree but I go out sometimes and dont drink and they cant be just as c.untish! One lad started on me for not clearin off, when I was stading on a public path near "his" club and when I pointed this out to him he got more irate and threatened that he'd beat the sh1t out of him. i replied with "Good luck with that. I" so he followed up with "Ill put ya in a wheelchair buddy" so I told him "IF you succeed tell your employer to expect legal action and i doubt you'll avoid jail time".... watchin him froth at the mouth because i stayed cool was fun....w@nka!:cool:

Ah i know what you mean dude, I will always be the first to say there are some bad eggs in the game.

But i have done doors for on and off 8 years now and worked with far more good bouncers than bad. The simple fact is that interacting with bouncers works the same way as with anything else.....a bad story goes to 10 people, a good one to 1.

Bad bouncers will sadly manage to make a name for all of us as cnuts. T'is just the way it is.

Degsy wrote: »
    You deserved a hiding for that to be honest.What were you doing hanging around outside a club anyway?

Hang on, I deserved a hiding for standin on a road, which has nothing to do with the club, with about 2000 other people having a chat sober and not in the least bit rowdy?? Are u taking the p1ss? thats possibly the most twisted logic Ive read all day. Have u ever been on Harcourt street at aroun 3-4 am? I was about 10 feet from his club, because i was standing still talkin to my friend and facing him he chose me because i was near him. he has no right to tell me to do anything. The guards are there for that.

I have no respect for his authority once im outside the confines of his club. Im not gonna clear off cos he told me so and Im not gonna allow him to threaten me either. Just cos he 's a bouncer doesnt mean he has a God given right to bully, i dont let anyone bully me, let alone some @rsehole who's on a power trip.

I think Degsy was just indicating that you clearly deserved a kicking for such a heinous crime as standing in the street. ;):)

Hang on, I deserved a hiding for standin on a road, which has nothing to do with the club, with about 2000 other people having a chat sober and not in the least bit rowdy?? Are u taking the p1ss? thats possibly the most twisted logic Ive read all day. Have u ever been on Harcourt street at aroun 3-4 am? I was about 10 feet from his club, because i was standing still talkin to my friend and facing him he chose me because i was near him. he has no right to tell me to do anything. The guards are there for that.

I have no respect for his authority once im outside the confines of his club. Im not gonna clear off cos he told me so and Im not gonna allow him to threaten me either. Just cos he 's a bouncer doesnt mean he has a God given right to bully, i dont let anyone bully me, let alone some @rsehole who's on a power trip.

I meant mouthing off about legal action.You students are all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭riff-raff

Ah i've being on both sides of this one ... dopes in tracksuits wanting to get in to clubs ..think they would learn after the first week dress to impress and not turn up again in a bleeding tracksuit...:p.. but have you ever tried to get into slapper face jacks at the week end ... they let you in all week and at the weekend they dont know you unless your a copper or a nurse in a short skirt...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Only bouncer I dislike is one near the swan centre.. >_> .. <_<

Some bouncers are really nice and friendly though. I have only been there twice but I have to say the bouncers in pretty <insert room where you keep your fridge> were the best I've encountered.

• Advertisement

Ah i know what you mean dude, I will always be the first to say there are some bad eggs in the game.

But i have done doors for on and off 8 years now and worked with far more good bouncers than bad. The simple fact is that interacting with bouncers works the same way as with anything else.....a bad story goes to 10 people, a good one to 1.

Bad bouncers will sadly manage to make a name for all of us as cnuts. T'is just the way it is.

i know what u mean. I have in my life had 3 "episodes" with bouncers. One time i got kicked outta a club for being locked and I absolutely agreed with that. Didnt even argue, just asked for my coat back, was told no, the girlfriend at the time got it for me in the end.

Second time I wasnt let into a friends 21st even though I had an invite, cos the bouncer didnt know me. I politely said it was a private party so he didnt need to know me, i was invited and Id travelled to get there as I live a bit away so its natural that he wouldnt know me, he got aggressive, i walked away.

Third was that time I just mentioned. i was p1ssed off after cos i qwas sober and doing absolutely nothing. that one hit a nerve and thats really where my contempt for the threatening bouncer came from.

So 2 out of 3 bad experiences is the way i was lookin at it but then again if u go out 52 weeks in a year and get one bad night thats 51 good nights right?

I do know a lot of guys personally, rom training with them etc and theyre mostly lovely lads. I just tend to notice a good few lads seem to have a real macho attitude problem. i said it earlier in the thread actually, im kinda on both sides cos Ive seen the good and the bad of both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

51 good nights ;)

Degsy wrote: »
    I meant mouthing off about legal action.You students are all the same.

Meh, frankly he told me he'd put me in a wheelchair, I was actually waiting in that spot hopin for a taxi which made it more annoying. I'm counter aggressive by nature rather than in your face so Id only really react to something he did rather than something he said cos its not worth it so i figured id throw him out a reminder that he's not above the law. He's lucky though, I know lads I train with who have a lot less self control who'd have literally torn him a new one for that.

Nothing wrong with stating your right not to be turned into a cripple for standing on the path or reminding him of the consequences!! ;)

51 good nights ;)

Thankin you! Edited! At least u knew wat i meant!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I remember a couple of years ago a gang of us rolled up to this club in a taxi people carrier and I told the taxi to wait for a min cos I wanted to check to make sure we would get in (taxis very rare at the time, New Years Eve). Anyway, I asked the bouncer would it be ok for us all to get in and he said of course love.

So taxi man left and we walked up to the door and the same bouncer goes 'sorry not tonight love', and they all pissed themselves laughing. I laughed too, thinking it was a joke and went to walk past him - he put his hand out and said very loudly and aggressively 'I said not tonight'. I was absolutely fuming and called him every name under the sun and they all just kept laughing. We had an hour long walk home in winter cos of that idiotic prick on a power trip..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

"regulars only"

"yes but how can I become a regualr if I cannot ever get in?"

put that in your stab vest and smoke it !

Why argue with the guerrillas you only boost there egos :P.. yep but there is some nice guys out there ..there always smiling when there kicking you:) its really sweet of them to call the ambulance straight after they kick 7 shades of crap out of you:D..

Phototoxin wrote: »
    "yes but how can I become a regualr if I cannot ever get in?"

put that in your stab vest and smoke it !

Regulars only means "I dont like the look of you,there's no point arguing"

I do know a lot of guys personally, rom training with them etc and theyre mostly lovely lads. I just tend to notice a good few lads seem to have a real macho attitude problem. i said it earlier in the thread actually, im kinda on both sides cos Ive seen the good and the bad of both sides.

I bet you that you encounter the same mentality in MA at times.

The blokes with something to prove.

Never got it myself.

I bet you that you encounter the same mentality in MA at times.

The blokes with something to prove.

Never got it myself.

Yea they turn up flex, huff and puff a little, scowl a lot and then tap!! JK's club (I dont train there mind) even has a sign above the mats saying "No shoes or ego's beyond this point"!! Its awesome when said big jacked angry man gets tapped by little skinny 5"6 pony tailed guy. The face on the guy after is always priceless! Im one of the bigger lads so I dont get the same shock value out of them unfortunately!

I have found that the cool customer approach intimidates people more when the going gets tough for some reason. Actin all angry gets u so far but keeping caalm seems to confuse them at a certain point and it seems to work well!

• Advertisement

why dont you turn up regularly in a dress and blow kisses at him :D.. think that might freak him out and maybe he'll leave and you'll get a new door man who might let you in:D

Advertisement