Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

riff-raff wrote: »
    why dont you turn up regularly in a dress and blow kisses at him :D.. think that might freak him out and maybe he'll leave and you'll get a new door man who might let you in:D

Great idea :D The fact your post was in a larger size, making it more in-your-face, also worked well to put your point across. Nicely done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dubman25

thats why bouncers always get shot because they think they are hard men and something there not.:cool:there muppets really:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

dubman25 wrote: »
    thats why bouncers always get shot because they think they are hard men and something there not.:cool:there muppets really:D

List the names of bouncers in this country who have been shot.

Then ask yourself why it happened.

:rolleyes:

dubman25 wrote: »

Actually, to jump ship a little, just in the interest of fairness, some of them (a lot it seems) are awful w@nkers BUT in fairness sometimes they are actually justified in their actions. case in point there was an incident in Dun Laoghaire a few years back where a bouncer got attacked by some bellend with a samurai sword,....no don't ya think the bouncer made the right call in not letting him in? obviously the bouncer wouldnt have been attacked had he let him in but that fella could have bottled someone in there. When people pull sh1t like that they prove the bouncer right.

That said, some do ask for trouble with their excessive hard man acts. but i for one would be in agreement when a bouncer doesnt let samurai sword guy in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭riff-raff

Great idea :D The fact your post was in a larger size, making it more in-your-face, also worked well to put your point across. Nicely done!

thank you much just doesn't have the same effect if its this size:D
    I think we should get this guy a gun and have a pop at the bouncers;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Ah the only time i haven't been allowed in is cause i had no Id and that i was underage(over 23's)

Other than that it's always been smooth sailing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Ah the only time i haven't been allowed in is cause i had no Id and that i was underage(over 23's)

Other than that it's always been smooth sailing...

"The only black person on boards"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

"The only black person on boards"

hehehe :)

I know!

Not the only black person though, i bet there are many lurking around...

Arrrghhh and if they don't let me in i might pull the race card:eek: works like a charm:cool:

nah i don't do that, don't need to.... the cleavage does the talking:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I know!

Arrrghhh and if they don't let me in i might pull the race card:eek: works like a charm:cool:

nah i don't do that, don't need to.... the cleavage does the talking:P

You have an unfair advantage...boobies. The drink holders of the female body.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

The cleavage and the race card. :O Thats like a Royal Flush! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

Did you know that bouncer's have to address you as sir/madame?

Can't remember how I know that, but if a bouncer is ever being a tool, and calls me buddy/mate/whatever, I keep telling him hes not doing his job properly, and then tell him he has to call me sir, then tell him he can't refuse me entry without a valid reason.

I'm definately not getting in at this stage, but if I've had to have this argument with him, I wasn't getting in anyway, and this amuses me for a while lol.

The best was I got refused from Coppers one night, because I was too drunk.

I DONT DRINK.

barnacle wrote: »

No we don't.

We can address in the same terms we would address anyone else. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

indeed they can call you mickey mouse and get away with it. sadly they legally cant touch you unless you get in their face or attack them first.

i was speaking to one that does gardening for a mate. he told us if they catch someone smoking inside. they cant kick em out, they can call the fire brigade, and then the club owner gets a fine... mad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

eldeabroad wrote: »
    so, did anybody hear any more about that girl in galway from the lisbon ad thing? :eek:

on topic - bouncers are d**ks generally

An option for you would be to let the matter drop. It is the option that everyone else has taken. That is because it is the right option.

Don't miss the boat now, hurry along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭yummycake

Of the many relationships I've had in my life the one's with bouncers were the best. (sexually)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

barnacle wrote: »

Can't remember how I know that, but if a bouncer is ever being a tool, and calls me buddy/mate/whatever, I keep telling him hes not doing his job properly, and then tell him he has to call me sir, then tell him he can't refuse me entry without a valid reason.

I'm definately not getting in at this stage, but if I've had to have this argument with him, I wasn't getting in anyway, and this amuses me for a while lol.

The best was I got refused from Coppers one night, because I was too drunk.

I DONT DRINK.

I think I've probably pissed myself laughing at you a few times, mate.

Dragan wrote: »
    List the names of bouncers in this country who have been shot.

Then ask yourself why it happened.

:rolleyes:

Pray tell?.

Are those eastern european bouncers as sleazy as Irish?

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Are those eastern european bouncers as sleazy as Irish?

Well we're pretty sleazy :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I know!

Arrrghhh and if they don't let me in i might pull the race card:eek: works like a charm:cool::P

Why is colour so important to you?

• Advertisement

Mairt wrote: »
    Pray tell?.

Oh i'm really curious to know what that guy thinks he knows.

He is clearly talking out his hole.

Internet warriors ftl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Degsy wrote: »

Because if you're any colour other than white you get a special card you can pull when ever you bleedin feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Degsy wrote: »

Good question.

Because it is part of the definition of me.
    It affects how I behave and how people behave towards me.
    It is my hertiage, it bonds me to the people who came before and who come after.
    It is a bond I feel with the rest of my kind.
    But mostly just because I love being red. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

Jigsaw wrote: »
    An option for you would be to let the matter drop. It is the option that everyone else has taken. That is because it is the right option.

Don't miss the boat now, hurry along.

it would be AN option, yes I agree with that... the RIGHT option - time will tell.

what boat? a galway hooker, perhaps

oh yeah - bouncers = di*ks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

KTRIC wrote: »
    Because if you're any colour other than white you get a special card you can pull when ever you bleedin feel like it.

Do you?I reckon it'd cause more problems than it would solve..in the long run,like.

eldeabroad wrote: »
    oh yeah - bouncers = di*ks

LoL - i can see you being a great punter to have to deal with! ;)

KTRIC wrote: »

I'm whiter than white and my card is just as effective. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

Dragan wrote: »
    LoL - i can see you being a great punter to have to deal with! ;)

actually, I was (many years ago) stopped practically every single weekend by the same guy in the same place, with no explanation - just a "no, move along" even when my friends had gotten in. Asking "why?" just got the standard "move along dont cause any trouble" reply... I wouldnt mind if I was always starting fights or locked and puking everywhere when I did get in.

A GF of a friend, 20 at the time (we were 22) was stopped and refused one night in a different club, upon asking why, we were told "over 21´s only", I had read that week in the papers that this practice was made illegal, as it was discriminatory against over 18´s but under 21´s :ie legal age. Again when I pointed this out to the doorman, we got no reply and left - ruined that night, twas my friends birthday too.

so, can you shed any light on any of that for me Dragan? BTW we were decent, respectful, well dressed when we went out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

The over 21s is policy, and as such is at the discretion of the owners, and is perfectly legal. Any establishment has the right to refuse entry for any reason they see fit.

The over 18 is a legal requirement, discretion is not required for it.

Advertisement