Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Oh oh, Bouncers on strike now too .. :mad:

Haha, I'd be wary of anything written in the Star...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

2 stories on this:
    But let me first say that I generally don't have a problem with bouncers myself.

1:
    There are fellas bouncing doors where I am from who were the very twats that bouncers were employed to keep out 10 years ago. 4 of them could only go to one nightclub because the bouncer there was from their village. These lads are knackers. Cowardly knackers when out and about on their own, but together they're a well oiled, kick in the head, machine. I watched one of them bump into this guy in the nightclub. The guy dropped his glass and 2 of them started kicking the crap out of them.
    Unfortunately, that's the type of stuff that most people associate with bouncers.

2:
    I was on a night out in a club in Dublin with my ex. We were arguing over something or other. The relationship was on it's last legs, so it was fairly heated (verbally). The bouncer comes over to me and tells me to leave her alone. I told him that she was my gf. She said the same. He grabbed me by the shoulder and told me to not answer him back. I told him to **** off with himself. He put me in a wrist lock.
    Now, unfortunately for him, I've been doing karate since I was 7. I was already angry over the row with my gf and to say I was pissed off with his interference and attempt to act the hard man would be an understatement.
    I kicked him around the dancefloor. A few other bouncers came running and I was still pounding this guy as they dragged me out. At the door, they apologised to me for the other guys behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I kicked him around the dancefloor.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Haha, I'd be wary of anything written in the Star...

Especially when they use a photo of the striking taxi drivers under the headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I only got stopped once going into a club, I was with my wife and I was wearing a short sleeved shirt thingy. Apparently the shirt was against the dress code, it was actually a rare gorgeous summer evening at the time.
    The wife reckons I was stopped because I was way 'bigger' than the bouncers on the door and their little egos may have been upset. Sad fcuks really aren't they.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,514 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

With regards asking to see ID badges, or asking to see the manager, people generally go about it completely the wrong way. Our badges are always on display, but when someone starts aggressively asking our names, we're perfectly entitled to cover our badges for our own safety. I certainly wouldn't want some angry, foaming-at-the-mouth hot-head knowing my name. When you calm down, and give us reason to believe that you're not going to engage in threatening behaviour then we can give you our PSA numbers.

Despite what people think, we are NOT obliged to produce our licences at the demand of anyone except a PSA official, an on-duty Garda, or the client we work for. You can, however, request to see our PSA numbers, as long as you don't give us reason to question our own safety, and you're not interfering with us getting our job done.

You are wrong and at at risk of a €3000 fine for not having your ID on display, I'd advise attending your training course again
    IDENTITY BADGES

Since the 1st September 2009, all licensed individuals must wear an identity badge at all times while providing a security service. This is a legal reguirement and is set down in section 30 of the Private Security Services Act 2004. Failure to wear a badge may result in you being prosecuted and facing a fine of up to €3,000.
    The identity badge must be clearly visible at all times and displayed on the upper torso (above the stomach and below the neck). The following is not acceptable:
      Hanging the badge from a belt around the waist. Clipping the badge behind a neck tie. Placing the badge in a shirt pocket or jacket pocket. Placing the badge under a jumper or jacket.
    Failure to wear the badge in the correct manner may result in your licence being revoked.

http://www.psa.gov.ie/Website/psa/psa.nsf/agentvw?Openform&vw=psaLicensing

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

"regulars only" or "I dont know your face" annoys the crap outta me. luckily I dont get rufused very often so alls good!

Bouncers are in general insecure machismo types that have very poor social skills!! That said, whilst i do personally know a lot like that, others are top blokes so its not really fair to paint them all with the same stick.

Brush!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The Funnier side of the job, Well I think so.

Working a large pub a few years back , Big lively lounge ,[weekend bands , young person pub , soft job , very little trouble] at the front and a very quiet small old mans bar at the back with its own door [no door-staff] from the street behind the building.
    Anyway I was asked to remove a young drinker .You know the type messy and annoying but not bad and no real trouble maker ,Anyway it was just a walk out job , no hassle , he walks even thanked me and off he went down the road ,
    About 10-15mins later I'm called to the back bar which is unusual ,walk in and its the same bloke just trying to get serviced , Again a walk job out the back door this time .Again annoying but no hassle and off he goes again,
    10-15mins later I'm back on the main door and I look down the road and there this bloke coming back up to the street [trying in vain to straightened up]Just as he get to the door I step out and before I can say anything I get the following

AH FOR FCUK SAKE ,HOW MANY FCUKING PLACES ARE YOU WORKING........

Ps He came back a few weeks later ,Sober and we let him in [he never was a problem again ]

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

You are wrong and at at risk of a €3000 fine for not having your ID on display, I'd advise attending your training course again

It is true that we have to have our badges displayed at all times, but we don't need to display our actual licence cards. Sorry, I should have clarified that. Basically, we have our orange PSA cards that we must have on our person at all times, but individual companies or venues are entitled to make their own cards that only display your PSA number, picture, and the name of the venue/company, as long as it subscribes to the PSA's official standards. It doesn't, however, have to display our name; it's simply prudence.

We do indeed have to have the badges displayed, but we're entlitled to do what we can to ensure our own safety. A PSA member specifically told me this, as I was wearing my orange badge with my name, and I had voiced concerns about any knacker knowing my name.

However, it is not acceptable to hide our badges if we have no reason to believe we're in imminent danger. But we certainly don't have to produce our orange PSA licences on demand to any Joe Soap.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Especially when they use a photo of the striking taxi drivers under the headline.

Spoil sport ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Spoil sport ;)

Not the only thing wrong with it.:p
    *ahem*top right*ahem*

baz2009 wrote: »
    Not the only thing wrong with it.:p
    *ahem*top right*ahem*

That bit's true, which is why Zohan only critiqued the Taxi pic .. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

That bit's true, which is why Zohan only critiqued the Taxi pic .. :cool:

PM me their numbers.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Also considering how the f.uck would an electronic bouncer work?

I don't know what to think of bouncers, there are a few good ones and a few bad ones. I have had my fair share of arguments with them when I was just starting to go to nightclubs but I understand the scene now and don't seem to get into many arguments with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

The majority of bouncers are power hungry cu*ts, who are in desperate need of life skills to set them straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

karlog wrote: »
    The majority of bouncers are power hungry cu*ts, who are in desperate need of life skills to set them straight.

Home already eh? Someone was refused entry anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭YouTalkinToMe

Sorry regulars only in this forum..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 annie87

Only bouncer I dislike is one near the swan centre.. >_> .. <_<

Some bouncers are really nice and friendly though. I have only been there twice but I have to say the bouncers in pretty <insert room where you keep your fridge> were the best I've encountered.

Had a bad experience there with an awful cnut. He was coked off his face, very aggro. The others made up for it tho by being lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Only place I had a problem with was some new place in balinteer, we were only 18 or 19 but we got the usual, "not tonight lads" to which we replied, well "what night then?" They didn't have an answer...

Some of them are aggro monkeys, but most of them are good guys. Picture working and getting threatened on a daily basis by some low life piece of shít. The bouncers I dislike are those that use excessive force. Never had a problem with any other place. Bouncers will ask you questions mainly to see if you are twisted drunk or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

McGowans in Phibsoro and the Capitol, they are a bunch of feckers...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Barna77 wrote: »

Why?

Why?
    Specially in the Capitol, last time I was there, they wouldn't let my mates and me in for no reason, as usual, and then they'd be laughing in our faces and air kissing my friend. She nearly killed them right there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Barna77 wrote: »

McGowans have bouncers? They would need topless women dancing at the door and in the windows to try and attract people into that place.

Come next bank holiday and the place will be jampacked

I was once in Diceys, got out through Krystle to look for someone. When I went back 30 seconds later the bouncer told me I had to pay admission even though I had the stamp after paying hours earlier. I was a bit drunk so I went mad. They had to call the manager, who again wouldn't let me in without paying. I got in, didn't pay, and haven't been there ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Turtyturd wrote: »
    McGowans have bouncers? They would need topless women dancing at the door and in the windows to try and attract people into that place.

I heard that the place is extremely popular:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 annie87

McGowans is always packed...3.50 drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Actually, to jump ship a little, just in the interest of fairness, some of them (a lot it seems) are awful w@nkers BUT in fairness sometimes they are actually justified in their actions. case in point there was an incident in Dun Laoghaire a few years back where a bouncer got attacked by some bellend with a samurai sword,....no don't ya think the bouncer made the right call in not letting him in? obviously the bouncer wouldnt have been attacked had he let him in but that fella could have bottled someone in there. When people pull sh1t like that they prove the bouncer right.

That said, some do ask for trouble with their excessive hard man acts. but i for one would be in agreement when a bouncer doesnt let samurai sword guy in!

Thats like saying you shouldnt put a criminal in prison as he could commit a crime against his cell mate. I know there is people out there who will do bad things in a club but you cant say people wouldnt like to go back and smash up a bouncers face after they pissed them off. Ive no previous convictions,quite etc.. but really would loved to get revenge on some ignorant cnuts, when i was younger especially.

Some of em dont realise you cant run into the club and close the door on a knife weilding maniac all your life. I would take a guess plenty of bouncers have gotten the crap beat out of them outside of work by people they refused or annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

SV wrote: »
    Home already eh? Someone was refused entry anyway..
    His post was made at 3am...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

poisonated wrote: »
    Also considering how the f.uck would an electronic bouncer work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

bouncers in dublin are generally not pricks. if you keep getting refused entry to somewhere the problem is more than likely on your end. hell, you can get in to clubs looking as scruffy as you want

Advertisement