Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd prov L plate?

Options
  • 03-07-2008 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

So just to clear up a bit of confusion

people who should have there L plates up

is this 1st prov second prov or 3rd prov or all 3?

so if your second prov accompanied by a full license driver do you require L plates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

All Provisional Licence Holders (1,2, 3 and so on) and Learner Permit Holders must display L Plates and be accompanied by a full licenced driver (2 years licence holder) and have the full licenced driver insured on the vehicle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Where does it say that the accompanying driver has to be insured on the vehicle? It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The accompanying driver does not have to be insured on the vehicle, the Dept of Transport clarified that a couple of days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

I do not think it is true that the accompanying driver has to be insured on the vehicle. The gardai have never said this and I didn't see it mentioned on the RSA website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

ntlbell wrote: »

so if your second prov accompanied by a full license driver do you require L plates?

Do you by any chance live under a rock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yes. Everyone on a provisional/learner permit has to wear L-plates at all times. For categories B through D anyway. For category A, where you have to wear a yellow vest with an L on the back, or a target logo ;). I think category W is exempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Where does it say that the accompanying driver has to be insured on the vehicle? It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the sticky.

I have been hearing this today on radio

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

iRock wrote: »
    Do you by any chance live under a rock?

funnily enough...

almost..

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

funnily enough...

almost..

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Legend answer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

JP Liz wrote: »
    I have been hearing this today on radio

What you are hearing is wrong. The accompanying driver does not have to insured to drive the car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement