Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] He's gone to the dark side

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

/me puts on Wizard Disguise and pursues broken to drag him back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Behold! The tactical sophistication that is WoW!
    Anti wrote: »
    But it depends i guess, do you like fighting from a distance casting spells/shooting arrows or do you prefere to be up close and personal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Well according to him all we do is let the computer kill our opponent. Right. As Root said in the thread he obviously played it **** all and was still a noob. WoW is such a simple game compared to eve its unreal. We should start a thread in there arguing the point for the laugh tbh.

Statso wrote: »
    Well according to him all we do is let the computer kill our opponent. Right. As Root said in the thread he obviously played it **** all and was still a noob. WoW is such a simple game compared to eve its unreal. We should start a thread in there arguing the point for the laugh tbh.

It would be locked as I would lock any thread from a WoW player screaming only things like "eve sucks, wow forever etc" you want a neutral forum to do it in then use the Massively Multilayer forum itself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

lol @ the replies in that thread though, they basically ignored his question and went on about how awesome they were or how WoW will take over your life. Very different community in that game, compare it to any noobie thread on the Eve forum which is always filled with helpful replies and information.

Although I have quit Eve myself and will be likely playing Jumpgate Evolution instead when it comes out. Its basically Eve but instead of point-and-click combat you actually fly around dog fighting X-Wing vs Tie fighter style \o/

I'd never play WoW again....

• Advertisement

Guys if yas get a chance please go to the Massively Multilayer forum and post in that thread, the fact that he is saying WoW requires more skill in my eyes is really really irritating. A question for any long time WoW players, is WoW population more orientated to the PVP side or PVE?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Maddzy wrote: »
    lol @ the replies in that thread though, they basically ignored his question and went on about how awesome they were or how WoW will take over your life. Very different community in that game, compare it to any noobie thread on the Eve forum which is always filled with helpful replies and information.

Although I have quit Eve myself and will be likely playing Jumpgate Evolution instead when it comes out. Its basically Eve but instead of point-and-click combat you actually fly around dog fighting X-Wing vs Tie fighter style \o/

Jumpgate Revolution eh? *makes mental note to google once outside of the oppressive work restrictions.

I owned one of the bitches, owned him good in that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Get back to ****ing eve or im steailing your geddon in the pos

You can have my geddon and all my ships in h-s :P tbh I thought you would have gotten them all blown up by now.

• Advertisement

You can have my geddon and all my ships in h-s :P tbh I thought you would have gotten them all blown up by now.

No i was hopeing you would be back soon ;/

(replyed to da thread in w0w forum i feel dirty)

The wow vs eve stuff was moved to this thread in MM http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055327808

I might come back to Eve I'll see how I feel after reading the Empyrean Age novel.

The wow vs eve stuff was moved to this thread in MM http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055327808

I might come back to Eve I'll see how I feel after reading the Empyrean Age novel.

Bawls

Anyway some good reviews of the book on eve-o forum seems to be a good read

(come back to me maddzy i miss joo)

Come play TF2 with me sometime or get XBox live ffs.

I read the first few pages of Empyrean Age and it seems alright so far. I went into it expecting crappy fanfiction level writing though. I'm gonna hold off reading it til next weekend as I'll be in Offaly for the weekend and will be able to relax and read it all at once. Its a fairly big book, like.

Tf 2 /o\ havent played that in a while end up getting murdered horrible ;/ ... you should get sins of a solar empire <_< >_> myself trungh and vamp have been playing it a bit lately takes ages for a game though ^_^

TF2 is awesome! IRON has our own public server your welcome to play on sometime if you like. :) I found sins of a solar empire boring after around 10 hours. Its the same as any other RTS, spam resources, build huge fleet, zerg everything and kill them.

TF2 is awesome! IRON has our own public server your welcome to play on sometime if you like. :) I found sins of a solar empire boring after around 10 hours. Its the same as any other RTS, spam resources, build huge fleet, zerg everything and kill them.

Ah its got a decent mix of empire improvement / real time battles iv played it for 100 hours or more id say pass's the time waiting for dawn of war 2 anyway

whats the addy of the iron public server?

So like if fleet participation is low do you turn the tf2 server off until the number raise again? :D

bizmark wrote: »
    Tf 2 /o\ havent played that in a while end up getting murdered horrible ;/ ... you should get sins of a solar empire <_< >_> myself trungh and vamp have been playing it a bit lately takes ages for a game though ^_^

Yea Vamp and apples have been saying its good I may have to get it but i cant find it in any shops. I was dissapointed with DoW tbh I really can't get into any RTS games that aren't C&C :P

Another game I'll probably be playing whenever it comes out is Diablo 3.

Played a game of tf 2 there as pyro :pac: langer around just setting people on fire not bothering to try to live ^_^ forgot how much fun that is

• Advertisement

iron-alliance.com is the server addy. Check it out sometime when we on it. Awesome mod for IRON members that pubbies can't use though. :p

Awesome mod for IRON members that pubbies can't use though. :p

wall hax's?

bizmark wrote: »
    wall hax's?

Thats just my skills i swear!

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

jesus i make 1 post in the wow forum and it results in a few other threads being created about wow v's eve and going to the dark side.

its a game people.! lol.

jesus i make 1 post in the wow forum and it results in a few other threads being created about wow v's eve and going to the dark side.

its a game people.! lol.

No its not. Shut up.

No its not. Shut up.

:eek:

ive decided not to join the wow comunity. Not because i didnt like it but for the sole fact that im afraid.

i havnt been playing eve properly for months and the 10 day trial thing in wow drew me in. in those 10 days i played alot.

it shocked me how fast i could get drawn in. i quit im uninstalling im outa here

ahhhhhh the lvl 70 monkey is trying to get on my back.....

WoW is crap

Zillah wrote: »

i never said wow is crap. i demand a retraction.

• Advertisement

No.

Advertisement